Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

*feeds in enclosure*

*murdered by carpet python*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Big Cheese is great; after getting feeders packed in neat compact packages going back to random bag o stuff sucks.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Since we're talking feeders what ever happened with Rodentpro and that supposed disease/quarantine issue or w/e a while back? I remember it being a thing on faunaclassifieds but that site's such a goddamn cesspool it's physically painful to go wading through.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

This is basically going to be your future:

Do you have any other pets, OP?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

fuzzy_logic posted:

Ok, that makes sense - I wasn't sure if it was something where they like being a little smooshed in and freak out with too much space. So many people seem to keep them in these cramped little boxes. For the acrylic enclosures the extra size isn't even much more expensive.

Ok Comboomer posted:

that’s usually more because people want to have more spiders than anything else

At one time at least there was also a lot of talk about fall danger (either the fall itself or a leg getting caught and popping off) for adult tarantulas which I think informed a lot of cramped enclosures. With slings I think it's fairly legit that their ability to find prey you offer + moisture concerns make a small container sensible?

Goons i got the fuckin itch again. Where do cool kids get their tarantulas these days, I haven't bought one in a decade or better.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Ok Comboomer posted:

somebody get a GBB. It’s really the only big spider I want but I got too many lifeforms to take care of (and eventually move with 😬) right now to be like “yes, it is spider time”

GBBs, Acanthoscurria genic. and Brachypelma sp. are high on the potential list

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Any of y'all tarantula goons kept Monocentropus balfouri ?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

:kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Looks like a brownsnake?

Yup!