Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Cowslips Warren posted:

You know, in my 22 years of owning snakes, I've been bitten by hognose, balls, corns, and Brazilian rainbow boas; the worst was my corn snake Hex, who bite my middle finger at the base, then wrapped all five feet of herself around my hand. I had a rather cool looking bleeding glove there, but trying to get her off resulted in her almost biting my other hand, so compromise: I got her a mouse, which she laid into instead.

Previous reptile rescue volunteer, not current owner but I'm surprised the hognose didn't hurt more tbh! I think I either had a bad reaction or let him chew on me too long, but the one hognose bite I got swelled up my hand really bad and hurt like heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Definitely crosspost that to critterquest in GBS if you haven't already :0 sucks they got got but they're very pretty!

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

my cat is norris posted:

i'm currently the OP of that thread! i would never miss it

oh my god HOW DID I MISS THAT thank you for your service lol

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Does anyone here have experience owning Bamboo Rat Snakes? The traffic cone looking guys. I want to get one in the future but how do they compare to something like a milk snake or corn snake? (both ones I've owned)