Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

MmmDonuts posted:

My Beardy's way outgrown its 40 gallon tank. Does anybody have recs for 4x2x2 terrariums?

We got two five or six months ago from Dubia and I don't really have any complaints, particularly given the price compared to the alternatives we looked at. The corner connectors are plastic and I don't think they'd hold up well if you plan to disassemble and reassemble it repeatedly, but I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

When I was doing my research I heard some complaints about the side panels on these which are apparently some kind of pressboard with a thin bamboo (or faux bamboo) veneer on them—have you used them?

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

trilobite terror posted:

The cheaper ones I listed aren’t much better, afaik, unless they’re all-glass/acrylic/mesh.

The reality is that most of the <$400 enclosures are gonna need some amount of hot-rodding and modification.

The Dubia ones are all PVC with a pretty sturdy mesh lid (as well as a couple of support bars) and glass doors; other than sealing them they don't seem to need anything in particular. I did make them a stand and added a partial cover to the top one to retain a little more humidity, but that's obviously optional. Clint's (very positive) review of the Dubia enclosures was part of the reason we got them (and they go on sale down to ~$250), though when he made the review they still had acrylic doors.

The ladies (Pogona henrylawsoni) seem to like it so far, anyway.

Wallet fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 20, 2023