Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
1. Randy Orton. Play up his anger with the authority, he can beat Cena w/ Authority interference to get #1 contendership. Authority extends olive branch through this, Orton RKOs HHH and leaves. Or just the box gets him the #1 shot somehow, I dunno work your magic.
2. Retain
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Ambrose vs. Rollins, HHH vs. THE BOX, Rusev vs. Ryback, Ziggler vs. Wyatt.

Hold off on bringing up anyone from NXT for now, I suggest we bring them in on the traditional Raw after Wrestlemania, Zayn or Neville will get huge ovations there and we can try to slot them right into a hot angle, similar to how the Shield debuted.

5. Paige vs. AJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

1: Cena and Orton
2: Retain
3: Daniel Bryan
4: Ambrose vs Rollins, Rusev vs Ryback, Usos vs Team Workrate
Normally I'd be all for rehabbing the IC title, but I don't really like either opponent for Dolph.

and uh... AJ vs Nikki. Jesus the women's div is dire if we have to loving consider CAMERON.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

1) WWE Title Picture

So with that having been said, who should be slotted into the title picture at the 2015 Royal Rumble? Pick one or two (if two, one must be a face).

b. Seth Rollins

c. Randy Orton

The addition of Seth Rollins to the title picture was a smart choice. After the embarrassment he was dealt at TLC it's a great way to immediately rehab his character and rebuild him to legitimacy as the top heel of the company. But Brock's title run thus far has been... less than we'd hoped despite Cena's efforts in two very entertaining matches thanks to the old regime. We need something fresh to breath new life into the belt going to Mania season. That something is Randy Orton. With the success of his face turn, his high overness, long history as a mainstay of the company, and his incredible wrestling acumen, he is a perfect opponent for Lesnar. With Rollins also in the match, and Cena unceremoniously ejected from the match, we have multiple storyline angles to leverage during the build: Randy's personal grudge with Rollins, his dissatisfaction with the Authority and their handling of Lesnar and Heyman, and his long rivalry with Cena making him the perfect choice to take out the man whom made Cena a joke are all goldmines for promos. And with two world class performers, both of which Brock has never fought before, we may generate some fresh buzz among our fans.

quote:

2) Should Brock drop the belt or retain?

As previously mentioned, Brock's run has not been what it should have been. While the passing of the torch he is capable of having beaten the Undertaker's streak AND squashed John Cena himself on our second biggest show of the year should not be underestimated, I think it's time we accept that him having the belt is no longer best for business. I therefore suggest Seth Rollins wins the WWE Championship by pinning Randy Orton

By pinning Orton, Rollins pays off the storyline between the two, gets a big rub but not one that could be described as excessive, builds plenty of heat for ruining the sweet revenge of the long-absent renegade who came back to get his payback AND for winning the title without pinning the champ, and protects Brock for his Mania program, whereby he can properly face any number of dream opponents *cough*BRYAN*cough* where the only thing on the line need be proving who is a better wrestler than the man who conquered the best WWE had to offer. It's time to pull the trigger, get our belt back on TV, and make a star out of Seth Rollins.

quote:

3) Who should win at the Rumble?

c. Dean Ambrose

Remember last year when we tried to avoid paying off a six month storyline of a fiery underdog's quest to defeat a bitter rival and claim his place at the top of the company? It's time for us to learn from a mistake for once. Ambrose vs Rollins was one of the hottest storylines we've done in years, and we screwed it up at every turn, and as a result Ambrose is teetering on the brink of ruination. Now is the time to fix what we broke.

If Rollins wins the title, and Ambrose wins the Rumble, we are announcing to the world that a new era has begun and our new generation is ready to carry the load. We know these two can work incredibly well together. Rollins is a master of crowd-pleasing highspots and Ambrose is a genius of psychology that can make any fan eat out of his hand. Both connect incredibly well with the audience, both are world class promos who can save garbage writing and silly gimmicks on sheer talent, both have distinct looks and characters that are marketable and can attract fresh blood to our fanbase and help maintain those who grow too old for Cena's antics with that certain gritty, mature edge.

While Ambrose's damage will make the push harder, there can be no better way to start that road than to have him overcome Cena AND Bryan in the Royal Rumble on his sheer grit, inventiveness, insanity and obsessive need to get Rollins no matter what.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Give Ambrose the Royal Rumble, give The Shield the grandest stage of them all, and give the fans the payoff to the storyline they deserve.

quote:

4) Storylines and Formats

And with that having been addressed, we need to decide on programs. Choose two to four of them.

b. Dolph Ziggler vs. Bray Wyatt for the IC championship
We could definitely be well-served by rehabilitating our midcard titles. Right now, on Ziggler, it's a bit higher than the midcard, and we can set him up against other high card opponents. Wyatt and Stardust are young and have the heat to be contenders.

c. Rusev vs. Ryback US Title
Rusev's got a hot streak and the US strap, and Ryback, more than any midcard face (other than Swagger, and we've been there), has the momentum to challenge him for it. Not a ton of room for an obligatory patriotic angle here, and who knows how these two will get on in the ring, but it's an option. BNB is our other option - his momentum's not nearly as high as Ryback's but he's close enough to Rusev to make it work if we wanted to go in that direction.

e. The Usos vs. Cesaro and Kidd for the Tag Team championship
The only tag matchup that has yet to be done. Kidd is slotted as an opener due to his being away for so long, but Cesaro could have the heat to carry the team and it may serve to drag Kidd up the card to a position more worthy of his talents.

Paul Heyman guy vs. Ric Flair guy
The talent least unready for recall are listed here: Hideo Itami.

And lastly, who do we put up against AJ Lee for the Women's Title

1) Who better than a possessed swamp demon for a cursed title? No matter who wins, we have an opportunity to rebuild some credibility for this belt with either guy. But really, Wyatt should probably win. Let Ziggler go elsewhere.

2) The hoss off between the Big Guy and the Bulgarian Brute will be legendary, and it will be a great rub for Ryback to be the one to take Rusev down a peg. It will also allow us to push Rusev up the card and allow Ryback to hopefully bring some credibility to the US title.

3) Cesaro needs to be pushed, and his team with Kidd is the best show he's had in a while. Tyson has found new life with his new heel persona, and Cesaro is his best hope of navigating the rise up card. Do it!

4) Since my pitch has involved Brock Lesnar dropping the title, now might be a good moment for him to drop Heyman as well. Brock obviously isn't a great talker, but he can let his rage at losing his belt do the talking for him, and Heyman having an excuse to lend his credibility to a new talent would be a smart move.

Hideo Itami has a certain killed edge about him. His offense is hard-hitting, his body language is expressive, and almost arrogant. He's got everything he needs to be a huge success... except the ability to speak English. Combine Itami's physical abilities with Heyman's silver tongue, and we've got money. And really, what better opportunity would we ever have to give Kenta back the Go 2 Sleep than to pair him with the man most closely associated with CM Punk?

Who the pair up with Flair for his first feud? Well, I've heard tell that a certain man is about to return from taking a lot of days off to his typical practice of taking No Days Off. That's a match that might be worth MILLIONS A DOLLAHS, MILLIONS A DOLLAHS.

Divas: ...I don't suppose we could just call up Charlotte? Lets make it Paige. Give those two one last shot to give us a match worthy of their legends as the best modern female wrestlers outside Japan.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

If it weren't for Orton's creative control, Rollins' relative lack of overness and the fact that I don't think the allotted time to WM is enough to get both Rollins and Ambrose over enough so the main event title match doesn't flop heat-wise, I'd be tempted to switch my votes over to Sang's choices. It'd make for more compelling storytelling, but TEW don't give a poo poo about that sadly.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Changing my vote to this

Do not even ask posted:

If it weren't for Orton's creative control, Rollins' relative lack of overness and the fact that I don't think the allotted time to WM is enough to get both Rollins and Ambrose over enough so the main event title match doesn't flop heat-wise, I'd be tempted to switch my votes over to Sang's choices. It'd make for more compelling storytelling, but TEW don't give a poo poo about that sadly.

and this is just part of the fun of TEW

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

seriously why the gently caress was naomi not an option this is bullshit

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

She and AJ are both faces and Naomi's last turn was very recent

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Changed my vote to Seth and Orton challenging for the title, since Seth needs something to do before what will totally be a Wrestlemania feud with Dean.

I'm also beginning to question the logic of not having Cena in a match at the Rumble, since he's the most over guy on the roster. I mean, he will obviously play a big part in the Rumble itself, but I don't know enough about TEW to know whether him not being in a regular match will have any effect on the show.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Kane should beat Brock at the Rumble for the WWE Title, sir.

THE BIG GUY should win the Rumble

We should feud with Triple H and The Usos should feud with Kidd and Cesaro

AJ should face Cameron

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Orton
Retains
Bryan
Zig vs Bray
Rusev vs Ryback
Paul Heyman guy Sylvester LeFort vs Ric Flair Guy Finn Balor.
Naomi vs AJ

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Cena v Brock will unquestionably net the highest possible rating for the non-RR main event, barring excellent chemistry between Brock and someone else (which is no sure thing, since chemistry is randomized). Cena also has creative control, but his personality is more or less the opposite of Orton's - what makes Orton tricky is that he's ruthless (which is key) and manipulative. Cena is compassionate and dependable and optimistic. If anybody was going to waive their right not to eat a pin it's Cena. But you never know.

After RAW airs I'll probably bring up the possibility of recalling NXT workers sans any sort of storyline. They don't have to be on TV, we can just use them the way they've been used irl, in dark matches to test out chemistry and the like. And fwiw Itami's language barrier would drag down segment ratings even with an able mouthpiece - running foreign workers through their paces in dark matches for a few months shores up their language ability (and is a great way to unlock highly skilled workers for cheap if you're a small fed).

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 23, 2015

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
What about hiring new people? Not yet?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Do not even ask posted:

Orton may not exercise his CC if Rollins is close enough to him in overness. And if he does, a simple protect tag should be enough to satisfy him and not hurt the match rating very much. Rollin's overness can be greatly helped by both his win here a title defense against Cena at Fast Lane. Getting Ambrose over is the real trick, and this I fully admit. But we have two months, I think it's possible. And put those two in a 26 minute match with a slow build tag and a call it in the ring tag and make the match leading in something that warms the crowd up the near bursting (like Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan for instance) with a piss break segment in between like the Hall Of Fame class presentation... I think it's doable.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

What about hiring new people? Not yet?
Not yet. Superstars / Raw runs the day the game starts and depending on the overness of the workers and whether they've got other contracts, it could be up to a week before we hear back on any offers we send out. Vince McMahon's Raging Id also prefers small rosters, so we'll see.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
1: H, The Miz
2: Drop via Mizdow interference so we can keep Brock looking strong, hell have a massive post-match beatdown over being tricked out of the title
3: B, Dolph should win the Rumble, but in a Ric Flair '92 spot where he gets his rear end beat all match only to pull a victory against the odds
4: B, C (With The Ryback), D, F (Ric Flair/Adrian Neville vs. R-Truth probably, but let R-Truth promo as well)
5: Paige, and then don't hotshot the belt back to AJ like IRLWWE would, but then build up the other women because there's no reason Emma shouldn't be in the running except that WWE tanked her hard

And then hire JTG and start building him and Zack Ryder in preparation for next year's Wrestlemania main event, Brooklyn vs. Long Island, with the following Raw having couple new NXT callups that we've all been waiting for.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 23, 2015

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
1) D. Dean Ambrose, the big selling point of the Royal Rumble is the Royal Rumble, giving the audience what should be an interesting, fresh match-up for Brock should be icing on the cake for the buyrate WWE Network subscribers.
2) Retain, Brock to Retain via Seth Rollins interference. , Setting up a WrestleMania undercard match of Rollins vs. Ambrose where Ambrose can go over, building Ambrose up in the
3) A. Daniel Bryan , building to the Beast vs. the Bryan.
4) A. Ambrose/Rollins, E. The Usos/Cesaro and Kidd (The Cats of Wrestling) , Paul Heyman Guy Sylvester LeFort vs. Ric Flair Guy Finn Balor (renamed Finn Styles), Four Way: AJ Lee vs. Nikki Bella vs. Namoi vs. Paige

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
1, Randy Orton and Seth Rollins
2, Retain
3. Ambrose
4. E. F. Kenta (Heyman) vs Miz(Flair) G. Feed Me More Worlds
5. Paige

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

1. Cena/Rollins, sure
2. Retain
3. Bryan!
4. Sure, Sorta-split. Ziggler/stardust sounds fun, GM fights always get over, tag feud, and Wyatt/Big Guy.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

One should also keep in mind that Randy has a creative control clause in his contract and that can mean trouble if we're not careful.

Oh great, we're doing that again...

1. John Cena and Kane. Cena being the most over will ensure a good match, Kane is out top-draw heel, and he should be putting over people, starting with Brock Lesnar.

2. Retain. Cena beating Brock would diminish Brock's conquering of the Streak (until Wrestlemania), and if Cena wins we have to deal with someone who has now tied with Ric Flair's record. Kane winning would send the wrong message: that we're letting the old guard reign. So Brock keeps the title for now

3. Dolph Ziggler. He's the perfect dark horse, someone with talent and charisma who's never had the chance to shine...until Survivor Series. I say we keep the momentum going.

4. That thing you suggested is a good idea, do the thing.

5. Ambrose vs. Rollins needs a payoff, Triple H vs. The Box allows the Authority storyline to head to it's conclusion, and Heyman's Owens vs. Flair's Axel could be an interesting feud about the newest Paul Heyman guy against a former Paul Heyman guy.

6. Why not a Fatal 4-Way for the Diva's championship?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Orton and Rollins
Retains
Bryan
Spilt the Brands Man!
Uso vs Ceasro/Tyson Kidd
Rusev vs Ryback
Box (Dean Ambrose proxy) vs Triple H (Authority goons)
Paul Heyman guy Kevin Owens vs Ric Flair Guy Finn Balor.
Naomi vs AJ

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 23, 2015

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I like what I'm seeing. Gonna be doing a lot of tallying tomorrow, but we'll make it work.

As for some of the suggestions posted: It's funny, but despite his lovely momentum The Miz is over enough to have a main event push. Go figure. It's kind of a drag that turn / gimmick statuses seem to be randomized on startup. Curtis Axel is listed as having recently turned despite being a heel since his Heyman Guy days at least, while Erick Rowan is poised for a heel turn despite becoming a face less than 2 months ago.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

You're not using that awful mod that has Kurt Angle as the greatest wrestler in the world with A* in every stat at age 45 are you?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Almost - looks like he's got 80s in all the technical wrestling specs but basics, psychology, consistency, safety, microphone, charisma acting, and star quality are all 90+. If we end up trying to hire him or w/e, I'll adjust his stats to account for his sad decline. The mod does appear to have given him a moderately deteriorated legs and torso and badly deteriorated head, though. In my other games he's invariably retired after a few months of light TNA scheduling.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
Orton fights Brock
Brock retains
Bryan wins the rumble

No brand split

Ziggler vs. Wyatt
Usos vs. Cesaro & Kidd
Ambrose vs. Rollins (briefcase at stake?)
Rusev vs. BNB

Naomi vs. AJ

Happyman fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 23, 2015

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

Not yet. Superstars / Raw runs the day the game starts and depending on the overness of the workers and whether they've got other contracts, it could be up to a week before we hear back on any offers we send out. Vince McMahon's Raging Id also prefers small rosters, so we'll see.
Is doing whatever it takes to re-hire CM Punk and making Punk/Cena the epic, long-running main event feud it should have been a possibility? I understand it might not be possible right at this moment but I wanna start campaigning if that's a thing that can happen.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009
who should be slotted into the title picture at the 2015 Royal Rumble? Pick one or two (if two, one must be a face).

b. Seth Rollins

c. Randy Orton

Should Brock drop the belt or retain?
Retain

Who should win at the Rumble?

c. Dean Ambrose
We could repair all the damage done to him and make him a star in one fell swoop.

an informal brand split - Is this a good idea or a bad idea? Should we keep the distributed storylines through the entire product? Keep things loose on the A/B shows and shore up the low card on the C shows?
Good idea. Do it.

we need to decide on programs. Choose two to four.

a. Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins - Make it about how Dean can't win the big one heading into a big Rumble win for Ambrose.

b. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust for the IC championship

f. Paul Heyman guy Kevin Owens vs. R-Truth

Who do we put up against AJ Lee for the Women's Title: Cameron, Paige, or Nikki Bella? Maybe make it a Fatal Four-Way? Also, I might've missed the explanation--does AJ have the belt here? Seems odd.

Q7kid fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 23, 2015

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Matters Before the Board:
1) WWE Title Picture
2) Brock to Drop or Retain?
3) The Royal Rumble

1) WWE Title Picture

2) Should Brock drop the belt or retain?

Retain

3) Who should win at the Rumble?

an informal brand split - Is this a good idea or a bad idea? Should we keep the distributed storylines through the entire product? Keep things loose on the A/B shows and shore up the low card on the C shows?
last option sounds good

a. Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins

d. Triple H vs. Mystery Box RAW GM

[B]And lastly, who do we put up against AJ Lee for the Women's Title: Cameron, Paige, or Nikki Bella?

Cameron, whatever

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 23, 2015

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

cams posted:

Is doing whatever it takes to re-hire CM Punk and making Punk/Cena the epic, long-running main event feud it should have been a possibility? I understand it might not be possible right at this moment but I wanna start campaigning if that's a thing that can happen.
Vince forgets you exist exactly three years to the day after you quit or are released. Don't even ask about coming back if he remembers you

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

Vince forgets you exist exactly three years to the day after you quit or are released. Don't even ask about coming back if he remembers you
So... Punk can totally come back cause it's only been a year?

edit: i misunderstood nm whatever this is a silly game bring punk back

cams fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 23, 2015

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ah, I didn't see the brand split option. I'm fine with an informal split, keep our storylines separate and help make smackdown matter, rather than just being a preview of next week's raw most of the time.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Well there's an incentive to keep this playthrough going, we can do Punk/Austin at WM 33 or 34 in Chicago.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Brock faces Cena and Rollins

Brock retains

Bryan wins the Rumble

Do Ziggler vs Stardust and HHH vs THE BOX.

AJ fights Cameron why not.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No to the split. Brock retains. Bryan wrestlemania. AJ and Paige forever.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

1. D. Dean Ambrose
2. Drop the belt
3. a. Daniel Bryan
4. Yes to informal brand split
5. c. Rusev vs. Ryback or BNB for the US Title d. Triple H vs. Mystery Box RAW GM
6. Paige vs. AJ

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WWE Title Picture
a. John Cena
and
b. Seth Rollins
- - -
Should Brock drop the belt or retain?
Drop (to Rollins)
- - -
Who should win at the Rumble?
c. Dean Ambrose
- - -
Storylines and Formats
yes to informal brand split
- - -
Programs
a. Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins
b. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust for the IC championship
f. Paul Heyman guy Kevin Owens vs. Ric Flair guy Sami Zayn
- - -
Women's Title:
Paige

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Surprise debut of new #1 contenders for the Tag Team belts.

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
1 Cena
2 Retain
3 Daniel Bryan
4 no split
5 Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins
Rusev vs. Ryback or BNB for the US Title
6 Paige

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

1. Jhon Cena for sure for now
2. Retain
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Yes to the informal brand split
Ambrose vs Rollins
Triple H vs Mystery Box
Paul Heyman Guy vs Ric Flair Guy
5. Naomi you gently caress!!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

One hour left! Feed me more (ballots)!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

cams posted:

edit: i misunderstood nm whatever this is a silly game bring punk back
actually it looks like the mod maker set him as "out of the business". I don't believe anyone is ever truly "out" (unless they're dead), but I'm going to leave it for a while at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

actually it looks like the mod maker set him as "out of the business". I don't believe anyone is ever truly "out" (unless they're dead), but I'm going to leave it for a while at least.

We could always set an arbitrary goal that we need to meet before trying to bring him back. Doing well enough in the ratings/PPVs/network subs to be able to give him a dump truck full of money, for instance.

• Locked thread