Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Shoulda killed John Boy :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
well that's something I never thought I'd see on tv :stare:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

shits tense yo :suspense:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

lol my wife always dozes off on the couch around this time, last week she woke up during the suitcase scene & again just now for the dentistry.

With no context she just gets up and leaves the room :stonklol:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

qbert posted:

I like that Elizabeth basically told the spy apprentice, "No thanks dude. My husband pulled my teeth out last night, and it was hotter than any sex you and I could ever have."

It really was though

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

savinhill posted:

they'll try working her "gently caress you Dad" instincts

Pretty sure this is it. It's gonna be an awkward Philip spy romance with the girl his daughters age :pedo:

This will be super conflicting for him because he's willijng to use this teenage girl for the good of his country but not willing to let Paige take part.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Wow I was really hoping I was wrong about the pedo plot

Philip be creepin :aatrek:

beanieson fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 19, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

have we seen any evidence of the travel agency being an actual successful business? I know there are employees working there, so there must be customers and vacations actually being booked etc. but is that business being propped up by soviet cash?

It would be pretty hilarious if Phil and Elizabeth finally get caught by the IRS digging into the books instead of Stan hunting spys.

beanieson fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 22, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

lol Henry at the dinner table "tell me more about your hosed up childhood"

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

hahaha we should just take things slow because I'm religious

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

that was pretty underwhelming Elizabeth, out with it already.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Narcissus1916 posted:

Langella is seriously unnerving me. If he shares a scene with Martindale I don't even know what I'll think. His manipulation of Elizabeth's dying mother and Phillip's enlisted kid (both could be fabricated, too) has been brutal to watch unfold.

Also, am I the only one who laughs at several scenes each week? Laughter for awkward family dinners, laughter for Stan being honest at the wrong (right?) time, laughter at the sheer hell that Phillip faces... I laugh more at The Americans than most sitcoms.

I find lots of humor here, the suitcase scene, Liz casually dropping a car on rando gov employee, etc etc

I am a broken shell of a man though, so I don't know what that says about you :shrug:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

It's amazing that Martha has lasted this long honestly.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

This show is bangin like a 15 year old

too soon?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Fetus Tree posted:

We should be so lucky

The boy i dont mind but paige has annoying story lines

easy to say when the boy doesn't have story lines.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Philip's getting some. :suspense:

oh nooooo

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

:supaburn:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Drugs are cool Paige, you'll learn this when you're older.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

howe_sam posted:

If Martha dies right now that has a very real probability of shedding an uncomfortable amount of light on her private life.

Yea, you've got to figure that they at least took some wedding photos together. Her parents probably have pictures of Clark.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Gonz posted:

Matthew Rhys was on Archer just now as a Welsh terrorist. He wore a wig and glasses as a disguise.

:psyduck: had no idea

his American accent was hilarious dude

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Phenotype posted:

So... what exactly is Martha telling herself, exactly? Phillip never explained anything to her. Is it just "Okay, he's a Russian spy, but I still love him"? I can't think of any other reason she could come up with to explain why he wants to bug the FBI office and lied to her about being with internal affairs.

Love conquers all. Martha is on board with the espionage at this point and as long as she stays on board she's more valuable than ever.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

savinhill posted:

I'm not sure that it's love motivating Martha to act the way she is right now, calculated self-preservation could also easily explain her whole "I just wanna drop it & don't care who you really are" followed by eager volunteering of FBI info Clark hadn't even thought to ask for yet.

Yea I was (only) half joking. It's also just as likely that she's just gone completely nuts.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I pieced together that some Israeli agent is going to meet with the CIA just through context clues but goddamn that audio tape was worthless.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Ah well that just further proves my point lol

I couldn't get captions to work :munch:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Beads?!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

all but the red head look soooo painfully Russian it's sad they weren't arrested sooner.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Arzakon posted:

"We are activists for Glorious Mother Russia who hates war and loves kittens but if you tell Stan they will kill you in your sleep. Want to work for us? You'll get to kill people and gently caress a lot of strange men."

I don't think that's a very good sell and I like how Phil and Liz aren't getting into exactly how terrible being a spy is. I don't think we will ever see Paige fully looped into her parent's activities.

I don't think she's meant to run around killing people and banging strangers. The whole point of a US born operative is to get them into a place of influence which would mean keeping her pretty far from all the risks Phil and Liz are exposed to.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Yea, I feel like you could just call them up and say "I'm Mr. Foreign National's personal assistant and I'm calling to confirm a room reservation" instead of banging the dude :shrug:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

withak posted:

But then you don't get to bang the dude.

Yea you got me there.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

You do you Henry.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

:derp: STAN :derp: RUN CLARK :derp:

E: I guess Johan waved him off :ohdear:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Martha is so hosed

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

DO YOU SEE?

DO YOU SEE!?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I bet the church trip to Africa gets Paige and Liz into Russia somehow.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I feel like poo poo all the time :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Slow burn is all well and good but this was maybe too slow.

• Locked thread