Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

It's really good. I'm not sure if I want to buy it though since I prefer the 'cube controls and the Trilogy has the versions of 1 and 2 with the sequence breaking removed. 2 is the best. 1 is really good. 3 is good but not as good as the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

It's really good. I'm not sure if I want to buy it though since I prefer the 'cube controls and the Trilogy has the versions of 1 and 2 with the sequence breaking removed. 2 is the best. 1 is really good. 3 is good but not as good as the other two.

I need like 9 cents on my nintendo network account to buy it lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

I need like 9 cents on my nintendo network account to buy it lol
when bae like 'your 9 cents short'

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
What a time to be alive.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
actually I think you'll find they numbered them in order of best to worst (which is still pretty good)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

The last Pug is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wish Metroid 2 had never come out so I could say "They called the third Metroid the Metroid Prime."

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i bought it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wish Metroid 2 had never come out so I could say "They called the third Metroid the Metroid Prime."
They called the third Metroid the simultaneous release of Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Can I play with a real controller or do I have to use remote/nunchuck

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Liquid Penguins posted:

Can I play with a real controller or do I have to use remote/nunchuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiIiFoZ_Wr8

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

El Wombato posted:

actually I think you'll find they numbered them in order of best to worst (which is still pretty good)

As long as you aren't one of the deranged monsters who think that 3 is better than 2 I don't mind.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Please also buy Metroid and Metroid Fusion if you have not already, thank you

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
na, 2 had good atmosphere where 3 tried to have talking characters and a garbage plot and it didn't work. mostly I didn't like the ammo system

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The ammo system is honestly a non issue once you realize that everything, even containers, counts. I can understand if people have an adverse reaction to beam ammo in a Metroid game though.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
one time i tried giving myself infinite ammo through a cheat device just to see what it was like and it honestly wasn't as overpowered as you'd expect.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

AHungryRobot posted:

one time i tried giving myself infinite ammo through a cheat device just to see what it was like and it honestly wasn't as overpowered as you'd expect.

the game already hands you tons of ammo

it's very difficult to run out when you get the annihilator beam and everything you shoot drops big gobs of ammo

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
yeah the beam ammo is really plentiful and it honestly just makes the whole thing feel unnecessary to me. none of the beams are really that much better than their prime 1 counterparts and even when you fully stocked on ammo it's not like you're just effortlessly steamrolling everything. at least not to any greater degree than you would be with the prime 1 beams.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I have an 8 gig Wii U and the game will not fit. It won't even let me buy it until I have enough space. Gotta hustle some external storage or be poo poo outta luck on the sale.

Like drat Nintendo at least let me buy the thing.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

I have an 8 gig Wii U and the game will not fit. It won't even let me buy it until I have enough space. Gotta hustle some external storage or be poo poo outta luck on the sale.

Like drat Nintendo at least let me buy the thing.

you can buy a code here http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/NI0L4GZFgly0lMBWZGpD30Si5pLEmEHd

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I heard the disc when played on the Wii would suffer some load problems due to the dual layer thing, does digital download have the same "problem"?

Also are the games upscaled or not?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mdm posted:

I heard the disc when played on the Wii would suffer some load problems due to the dual layer thing, does digital download have the same "problem"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xoXTwaCOA

Looks like the load times are way, way lower

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lemming posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xoXTwaCOA

Looks like the load times are way, way lower

yessss

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I too long to play the good metroid prime games again, but with the poo poo controls of the bad one

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

SeXReX posted:

I too long to play the good metroid prime games again, but with the poo poo controls of the bad one

Lmao nice imitation of a non-gamer who can't adapt, nice going

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SeXReX posted:

whining about the improved controls sure doesn't get old

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The motion controls aren't bad, but they're not as good as the original controls.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't give a rat's rear end myself, OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i prefer playing with a classic controller (with analog triggers) myself.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Wormskull posted:

I don't give a rat's rear end myself, OP.

me either because i already own the wii version

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

mdm posted:

That's true. If you have a first gen Wii (I have one) there are long loading times and sometimes it even fails to load areas because of the disc drive and the dual layer disc. It really ruins the game. If you bought a Wii well after it came out then apparently there were no problems, same with the download version.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Swelter Discharge posted:

OG

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the wiiu should come with a spinning chair and mandate that developers give players the option to do any aiming with the motion controls

Dec 26, 2012

SeXReX posted:

i do long to do just this, and get this: i will

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

AHungryRobot posted:

yeah the beam ammo is really plentiful and it honestly just makes the whole thing feel unnecessary to me. none of the beams are really that much better than their prime 1 counterparts and even when you fully stocked on ammo it's not like you're just effortlessly steamrolling everything. at least not to any greater degree than you would be with the prime 1 beams.

it's basically just a limiter (1) early on when you only have 50 ammo max and (2) when you're using the beam combos.

the beam combos are real cool tho

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if you don't buy this for $10 you're a bigger idiot than if you didn't buy punch-out wii for $10

SeXReX posted:

the wii controls are awesome, gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Swelter Discharge posted:

I do as well but my original Wii stopped working and it's annoying to swap discs and go into Wii mode on the Wii U.

• Locked thread