Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I just got this message from my cousin who is a car guy. He got it sent from a friend. I tried to figure it out. Failed.

"This is a computer doing...something in the headliner of my friend's Volkswagen"

It seems to be a magnetic sensor but my Googling is turning up a bunch of who the gently caress knows. Any ideas?

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Powershift posted:

Compass module.

Thank you!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I’m just bitter because I’m an Oldsmobile man.

The 1989 Olds 88 Delta Royale was my favorite car I've ever had. Sure, aside from the engine and the body it was about 99% replacement parts, it sucked down gas like crazy, took forever to accelerate, and your music options were limited to fuzzy radio or the Autechre tape stuck in the stereo.

It drove well, was cheap to purchase, and repairs were cheap and easy.

Got it in 2001, drove it til 2005, new driver kept it til 2008? and passed it along. Not bad for a car built in 89.

Huge trucks and SUV's weren't as common so I was often the biggest car on the road.