Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what weapon
Great Sword
Long Sword
Sword & Shield
Dual Blades
Hammer
Switch Axe
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Charge Blade
Lance
Gunlance
Bowgun
Gunbow
joke option ahah a piece of poo or a man's penis
View Results

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've grown stronger

this is with 95% affinity also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Evil Eagle posted:

I've grown stronger

this is with 95% affinity also

well, as long as you never, EVER make a mistake versus rathian :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

he could cancel that out with a meal

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Awesome! posted:

he could cancel that out with a meal

it's still -17 or so, I just avoid fire monsters with this set

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

doesnt one of them set any negative resist to like 2 or 3

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Not if you have the Fire Res -20 badskill active, that activates post-Firestarter.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ah that makes sense

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
I am at pink rathian and dont even want to try, given what i have heard. I haven't died to anything yet but found Gore Magala sort of difficult in a way, at times.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Simoom posted:

I am at pink rathian and dont even want to try, given what i have heard. I haven't died to anything yet but found Gore Magala sort of difficult in a way, at times.

so then don't. just sit there a third of the way through high rank forever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Simoom posted:

pink rathian is a rathian that can also do a spin attack. it's really not a big deal

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

This is how I deal with frenzied monsters.

:getin:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Simoom posted:

Eh, she clicks with you like any other monster. I got triple carted three times then proceeded to capture her three times in a row. You'll still die to the bullshit things she does like pull off an entire chain of attacks in the time it takes you to use a heavy attack in a safe situation, but it shouldn't ruin your hunt. Use your first attempt at her to play it defensive and learn her attacks, tells and when she does them, because you'll almost definitely die the first time so it might as well be a learning experience.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Have you tried out any of the other Chaos weapons? I think I'm going to build another to get infinite crits with.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

I don't see why you would since the switch axe is the coolest looking one

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah plus i my chaos weapon is the magala claw dual blade

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
This is the first monster hunter i've played since the PS2 one, but I'm enjoying the gently caress out of a lot of the little quality of life features they've added

Also, the Gunlance loving owns

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Evil Eagle posted:

This is how I deal with frenzied monsters.

:getin:

Christ...my god

Dec 26, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

This is the first monster hunter i've played since the PS2 one, but I'm enjoying the gently caress out of a lot of the little quality of life features they've added

Also, the Gunlance loving owns

its a solid step up from the various permutations of 3 even

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

my friend nene just started playing this so i'm playing it again now too. giving hammer a shot, seems p sweet.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hammer is good

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Rocket powered drill hammer is even better

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
i have learned the lance. whats the opposite of lance? i'd like to learn that next.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

my friend nene just started playing this so i'm playing it again now too. giving hammer a shot, seems p sweet.

hammer is really good

gently caress ive gotta play this game more and get to the good stuff

Dec 26, 2012

Simoom posted:

i have learned the lance. whats the opposite of lance? i'd like to learn that next.

dual blades

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
doin it

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
the bow is even more opposite to the lance

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

maybe greatsword. the lance is all about poking with little hits constantly while the gs is all about the huge hits

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Hammer is generally always a pretty drat good weapon in all the games.

There aren't many monsters that don't get hosed up by hammer smashing to the face and getting lots of KO's.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I like how in the Ace Hunters, the seasoned pro uses a lance, and the excitable newbie has an insect glaive.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

I like how in the Ace Hunters, the seasoned pro uses a lance, and the excitable newbie has an insect glaive.

it's an sns, actually

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Fungah! posted:

it's an sns, actually

he changes his weapon at different times

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Oh I remember he had the sns at first but the next few times I saw him he had the glaive. I'm still in low rank because I'm an extremely slow gamer, didn't know he keeps upgrading.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Tender Bender posted:

Oh I remember he had the sns at first but the next few times I saw him he had the glaive. I'm still in low rank because I'm an extremely slow gamer, didn't know he keeps upgrading.

Yeah, at the end he goes back to sns

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
how is SNS anyways.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

in terms of kill speed it can be quite good if you use all your tricks like bombs and traps and poo poo and bring materials to combine for more. they make good status weapons too. you can also be extremely potent team support with certain armor skills. it's a very versatile weapon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah what he said. you're basically unkillable, and if you use all your items and poo poo you can put out damage on par with any other weapon. it's just got a deceptively high skill floor to be good with, and you've pretty much got to build a full set for every element and one for status effects

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah while you can duck and weave out of any attack, the low damage output basically demands that you are constantly hitting the monster

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that's not the big thing, it's more that your raw's pathetic unless you go all in on element or status you're not going to be doing basically any damage unless you're dropping mad bombs. tbh though a good sns player is like my second favorite kind of hunter to play with after HH, they're just so loving good at support

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
so is it possible to get non-poo poo times in the arena solo? or am I gonna have to- ugh... make friends with somebody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

tfw hunting cephadrome and you forget to bring sonic bombs

• Locked thread