Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I went to the Detroit zoo last summer but the day we went their red pandas were basically chilling in a little cave sleeping where we couldn't see them. It was disappointing.

The more local zoo has a smaller, but less closed off exhibit that was easier to see them, but I'd really love one of those red panda petting zoo style exhibits some time. Unfortunately I don't think any zoo within a reasonable distance of me has such an event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I found the pictures I took of the local zoo's pandas. They were asleep.

Warning: incredibly huge.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Silver Alicorn posted:

Looks like a good place to nap

I feel like there are very few places where the sun shines that do not look like good places to nap to a red panda.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The nearest zoo to me has a couple of red panda cubs. Delilah (the mother), and her cubs Flynn and Sorrel:

Also here are a bunch of other babbys from around the world:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Silver Alicorn posted:

So, apparently, sometimes wild red pandas will make their way into the city and become a public nuisance.

http://www.gokunming.com/en/blog/item/3262/red_panda_detained_held_for_questioning

I love everything about this.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

This is some adorable red panda MMA poo poo, I love it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Mapparu posted:

in every single situation they are in red pandas just look like they are
a. having a good time
b. just hanging out
c. a and b

The red panda exhibit is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool pandas there. In the encolsure you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the red panda motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with pandas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Red panda you are going to panda jail. You have been convicted of being too cute and fluffy to be free.