Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Yes route of childhood friend is a cliché que Occur in various animes, but in anime with male protagonists.
The route yuri and shonem-ai is cliché tipic of anime with female protagonist, happen in almost every anime que It has female protagonists. always the same thing the same story and same kind of relationship she always ends with another girl.[/COLOR]
taking about it is rare to find an anime with female MC que has a relationship and interest in the boy.
afterthought taking Cross Ange and Tamako in recent years can not remember me from others.
always have the same routes and stories in anime with female protagonist They always end up with people of the same gender,
incredible is rare to find a heterosexual relacionameto in anime that has a girl as the protagonist.
This could be seen as a kind of prejudice by industry de anime.
It is very rare terms traditional heterosexual relationships in anime with female protagonist every 10 anime 9 follow the route yuri and shonen-ai.
Very funny because no one stopped to think and question, that all anime with feminine protagonist, we always have the same kind of end and the same pairing it always ends up with another woman.
The numbers are so absurd that in the last 5 years, anime with female protagonists ending with other women, overcame 7X the pairings number of friends from childhood occurring in anime with male protagonist.
I wonder if people do not ever get tired of watching the same thing, always the same type of pairing.
And when we have an anime that escapes the rule Cross Ange, appear a lot of people criticizing. Lack industry of ideas anime is frightening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
agreed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

Lack industry of ideas anime is frightening.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for real though i'd love to live in this world where 9/10 anime are yuri

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

i broke my mouse empty quoting this

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
for real id love to live in a world where 9/10 animes didn't fantasize about and fetishize teenagers and their relationships.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

New episode, poo poo's gonna get real in the next one and I can't wait

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mederlock posted:

for real id love to live in a world where 9/10 animes didn't fantasize about and fetishize teenagers and their relationships.

im glad to announce you are living in thta world

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

im glad to announce you are living in thta world

have you ever scrolled through the list of anime on crunchyroll? obv its not 9/10 but itd be disingenuous to say that a large number of animes dont sexualize children/teenagers to some degree.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Mederlock posted:

have you ever scrolled through the list of anime on crunchyroll? obv its not 9/10 but itd be disingenuous to say that a large number of animes dont sexualize children/teenagers to some degree.

good god why would you ever do that to yourself

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
well it's fair to say I'll never do it again, that's for sure.

how long is this show going to be? just 13 episodes or something?

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

anime boys pls die......

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

PotU posted:

anime boys pls die......

Anim boys x anim boys imo.
The actual good stories like Ore Monogatari and Bonnouji can stay too.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It could definitely still go either way. The tone of this episode was much more favorable to Reina, but the things folks are saying point to Shuuichi. If they do go his route they need to give their relationship more development than "my friends think I like him so I guess I be a little more conscious of him."

aers
Feb 15, 2012

maybe there wont be a relationship because I guess?? its not in the main story in the books and everyone can just be mad together

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I figured the discussion would be about the audition results

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The audition results are exactly what one would expect.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

let me rub ur cheeks

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
RIP Natsuki senpai, but there's always next year for her.
Giving the trumpet solo to Reina was a dumb move though, even if she is better than Kaori. She's just gonna get hated on by everyone now more than she is already. Taki should know there's a big difference between conducting a professional concert band and a school band. You should always at least maintain the illusion of respecting seniority. My theatre teacher did stuff like that (casting freshmen in lead roles for the one act competition) and it only ever caused bad blood.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Taki really doesn't seem to be the kind of person who cares about that

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im sick of the inami ripoff and her pushing around of kumiko

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i didn't like the animation when it zoomed on reina

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'I'm bored, I'm bored, let's go I'm bored.'

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

PotU posted:

anime boys pls die......

anime boys won't you come out tonight

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It could definitely still go either way. The tone of this episode was much more favorable to Reina, but the things folks are saying point to Shuuichi. If they do go his route they need to give their relationship more development than "my friends think I like him so I guess I be a little more conscious of him."

Yeah I just can't see Kumiko reciprocating trombone guy's feelings. Unlike a tsundere who acts snippy to hide her feelings, Kumiko is snarky when she is being comfortable and drops the nice girl facade. And though she's probably the most comfortable around what's-his-name, there isn't any indication of romantic interest. She wears her heart on her shoulder around him and she just does not seem interested. Compared to how she is all snark with Reina in episode 8 but every line is flirtatious.

Without some heavy involvement in the guy wooing the girl, it would just feel really disjointed. And with how well the rest of the show does interpersonal relationships with more restraint than a lot of anime, it'd be really out of place.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
asuka is an autist

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

http://a.pomf.se/ntbmqs.webm

Seriously. There's something about Shuichi that just irritates the poo poo out of the audience. There is something about the way he is framed by the camera. He never starts off as the focus of the shots, and instead always slides into frame from off-screen, so it always feels like he's intruding on the Kumiko's and the audience's train of thought.

Personality wise, he has none. We have absolutely no idea what's going through his head, we only know him through Kumiko, and from that she can barely put up with the guy.

Kyoani is capable of making really hot guys. Oreki was hot, the Frees were hot, and here Gotou and Taki are hot. With Shuichi, Kyoani pulled out all the stops to make him the antithesis of hot.

And instead, Kousaka sets Kumiko's and the audience's hearts a-flutter.

This drat post has me thinking way to much about how they film Shuichi. I'm pretty sure that, now that the yuri dream is over, they're filming him in a much more flattering light. He only shows up twice, but both times you're expecting him, and there's even a scene where Kumiko is looking for him and he's not there. loving anime boys.

But yea, even if she does end up with that boy I'm pretty sure most of that romance stuff is going to happen off screen. This is a show about the girls in the band and their relationships, and if they try to make a scene with Shuichi that's anywhere close to as important as the ones with Reina it'll be a huge mistake. I don't think they will.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'd like to believe that someone at Kyoani thought that anime could use a positive portrayal of a budding queer relationship without it being the entire focus of the story, i really really would.

But, i'm not holding my breath.

It's not like i even have any problem with Shuuichi (even if he's pretty boring), or no romantic relationships developing whatsoever; but man episode 8 was very well done and there's almost no way for me to interpret it other than in a romantic light.

c'mon kyoani, push the envelope a little

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008
On the other side of the Shuichi triangle, I expected her to bounce back pretty well, but Hazuki handled it even better than I expected. Already like, 'Waiting longer probably wouldn't have changed his mind. If Midori hadn't pushed me, I'd have gotten the same result, plus wasted who knows how much time dwelling on it. We'll call it a win.' Far more level-headed maturity than I'd expect from even the most optimistic of high school freshman.

Also, even though it went pretty much how we all expected (including the unwise trumpet solo decision), the selection scene was really tense. And sad. That Ralph Wiggum moment with the saxophonist :smith:

Pringleton fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 3, 2015

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I don't think Hazuki is quite over it, since she buys the same corn dog as him. That sounds really silly, but whatever. It just seems like she's trying to push her feelings off on someone else.

And I still don't give a gently caress about Shuichi. This is a show of interesting characters and interesting dynamics between them and Shuichi isn't part of that at all. For instance, Reina just putting her trumpet down in the doorway so she can quickly walk over to encourage Kumiko is a nice detail.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The moral of the story is that if Kyoto following the novels or whatever pairs up Kumiko and Shuuichi, they will be wrong to do so.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

The Devil Tesla posted:

This drat post has me thinking way to much about how they film Shuichi. I'm pretty sure that, now that the yuri dream is over, they're filming him in a much more flattering light. He only shows up twice, but both times you're expecting him, and there's even a scene where Kumiko is looking for him and he's not there. loving anime boys.

But yea, even if she does end up with that boy I'm pretty sure most of that romance stuff is going to happen off screen. This is a show about the girls in the band and their relationships, and if they try to make a scene with Shuichi that's anywhere close to as important as the ones with Reina it'll be a huge mistake. I don't think they will.

Well, that little fist-pump he does at the end is very humanising, the kid actually hopes and dreams of his own, and Kumiko might even be interested in what is going through his skull. Though Reina is still more fascinating.

Reina has been saving Kumiko these last episodes. Now that Reina has put herself on the firing line, it's Kumiko's time to hold up Reina lest she falters.

Edit: Something awful must have happened to Asuka in the past for her to rant out that spiel at the beginning of the episode.

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jun 3, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Edit: Something awful must have happened to Asuka

I was very confused by this at first.

As for Reina getting the solo, I'm pretty sure she's going :unsmigghh: on the inside. She wouldn't give a gently caress if everyone else started hating her.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I'm pretty sure kousaka would have been really upset if she hadn't gotten the solo parts.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I'm pretty sure kousaka would have been really upset if she hadn't gotten the solo parts.

I kinda want to believe that she had a similar thing that Kumiko did and her encounter with Kumiko helped motivate her, though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

I was very confused by this at first.

As for Reina getting the solo, I'm pretty sure she's going :unsmigghh: on the inside. She wouldn't give a gently caress if everyone else started hating her.

She says that, but teenagers can be really vicious, and all signs indicate she's got a world of hurt headed her way. After Reina's spent much of the series inspiring Kumiko, I suspect this is where the latter now has to lend her crush friend some help and support.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just want the trumpet lackeys to get utterly shat on, whether it's Kumiko or Reina doing it doesn't matter

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I've gotta say, though, if they don't pair up Kumiko and Reina, then the most explicitly gay character in the series (the trumpet girl with the bow) being an obnoxious 'psycho lesbian' stereotype would be mildly awkward.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Darth Walrus posted:

I've gotta say, though, if they don't pair up Kumiko and Reina, then the most explicitly gay character in the series (the trumpet girl with the bow) being an obnoxious 'psycho lesbian' stereotype would be mildly awkward.

Well, Kaori and Haruka seem much closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fangz posted:

Well, Kaori and Haruka seem much closer.

Yeah, but they just seem like good friends, nothing obviously romantic. Bow-girl has an obvious and explicit crush on Kaori - see also, when she got pissed at being shot down after asking her out on a festival date.

• Locked thread