Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it doesn't amuse me, its the sign of a loving troll and i've had it with these nerds and their stupid brass instruments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

This show is good and drat cute. It also managed to get my roommate's attention, and they don't watch anime.

man if a fairly generic moe show got their attention they are going to be an otaku in no time

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wb

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

This is probably the most depressing thing KyoAni's done yet. I expected cute girls playing in concert band having fun, not a drama about concert band politics.

i haven't actually seen it, but i was under the impression kanon and clannad were the most melodramatic depressing type of anime imaginable

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

good faces this week

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

whoa, it's so stiff! what is this?
i'll help, too
what do i do?
don't worry. hold this end. ready?
one two *grunt*

:mrgw:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

sound! eufeelsium

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

k-on?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dude why are you spoiling the book

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

I never got past a couple episodes because the eyes terrified me.

early kyoan eyes could be horrible, its the one thing i don't like about haruhi. awful eyes

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

:worship:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Parallax posted:

if this show doesn't end up yuri it's gonna be real disappointing considering this whole episode was just two girls practically yelling, "I'm gay! Gay for you!" at each other. also, no one has mentioned the tiny Midori clone!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i liked that they bothered animating the lights from cars on the road

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

They eye movement in this episode was really good. much subtler than other shows.

snafu season 2 does the same thing. its always cool when anime shows are subtle cause it leads to a lot of people missing plot points

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

i forget the episode but the gag is that arrows point to every single piece of symbolism. most of them are phallic imagery. the main villain is surrounded by big-rear end cacti and one of his henchmen walks in with a tiny little baby cactus and like fifteen arrows appear just in case you didn't get it.

i really gotta see utena

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what kind of cellphone doesn't have a flashlight build in?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its gonna happen

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they should kiss me instead

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

y'all care mad

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

aers posted:

https://twitter.com/eupho_not_lily/with_replies

This person is very mad about KyoAni's plot changes.

im guessing from the lily in the name that person is mad about lesbians?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

*wants the cutest couple to end up together*

'Ugh loving toxic anime fans!'

but sapphire isn't involved in the couple at all?

where's sapphires loveline kyoan?? WHERE IS IT

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

From that description it doesn't sound like there was anything especially irksome about it.

ultimatemegax posted:

Sapphire is there to geek out about music and concert/marching bands. Nothing more.

???

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

I mean the "student has crush on teacher" part that I assume is the part people were up in arms about apparently. Idk how you figured I was talking about Saphire.

cause it was a dumb joke dude

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lol that guy is really mad

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Yes route of childhood friend is a cliché que Occur in various animes, but in anime with male protagonists.
The route yuri and shonem-ai is cliché tipic of anime with female protagonist, happen in almost every anime que It has female protagonists. always the same thing the same story and same kind of relationship she always ends with another girl.[/COLOR]
taking about it is rare to find an anime with female MC que has a relationship and interest in the boy.
afterthought taking Cross Ange and Tamako in recent years can not remember me from others.
always have the same routes and stories in anime with female protagonist They always end up with people of the same gender,
incredible is rare to find a heterosexual relacionameto in anime that has a girl as the protagonist.
This could be seen as a kind of prejudice by industry de anime.
It is very rare terms traditional heterosexual relationships in anime with female protagonist every 10 anime 9 follow the route yuri and shonen-ai.
Very funny because no one stopped to think and question, that all anime with feminine protagonist, we always have the same kind of end and the same pairing it always ends up with another woman.
The numbers are so absurd that in the last 5 years, anime with female protagonists ending with other women, overcame 7X the pairings number of friends from childhood occurring in anime with male protagonist.
I wonder if people do not ever get tired of watching the same thing, always the same type of pairing.
And when we have an anime that escapes the rule Cross Ange, appear a lot of people criticizing. Lack industry of ideas anime is frightening.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mederlock posted:

for real id love to live in a world where 9/10 animes didn't fantasize about and fetishize teenagers and their relationships.

im glad to announce you are living in thta world

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im sick of the inami ripoff and her pushing around of kumiko

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i didn't like the animation when it zoomed on reina

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

Sapphire. They are trash tier waifus.

wtf. vile troll

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

when this show is done im going to make a fan edit that cuts out every male character except for the tuba guy

what did percussion guy ever do wrong??

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hyouka?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its happening people. kyoan subtext has become text

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

apparently, and this is according to tumblr so take it with a grain of salt, kumiko used to word 'ai' (confirmed i heard it) which means real love instead of the often used suki which is often used and way less serious. i don't know how real this difference actually is though

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the bird is the worst kyoan character in existence

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the running animation was nice

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY THE GHOST OF HETEROSEXUALITY. POST "STAY SAFE STRAIGHT GHOST" IN THIS THREAD OR YOU'LL NEVER SEE REINA AND KUMIKO KISSING AGAIN

what do you mean again

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bluray stuff

i can't read this, but beach episode hint or something?
https://mobile.twitter.com/gakken_animedia/status/615913426481647617

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they don't share a mouthpiece and don't get flustered and embarrassed about it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i watched all the specials. only 3 (boys side) and 4 (midori time) are good imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

• Locked thread