Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Fangz posted:

This show is still good.

Yeah, I just decided to pick this up a few days ago and having caught up with all the episodes I'm pretty pleased with it, the teacher is awesome and the characters are pretty fun. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Darth Walrus posted:

I thought it was Kumiko's old friend? Does he play the trombone? I'm still matching people to instruments.

Yes, he is and yes he does.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

trucutru posted:

That's because you didn't notice it, not because teenage girls are not insecure about it. And it goes both ways, if the girl is really stacked, she worries all the time about looking like a slut and so on. Perfect boobs? well, let me worry about my tight gap.

Hmmm, sounds like BS to me. I mean if women actually worried about the size of their chests there would be some sort of medical procedure to do something about it.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

MMania posted:

Wow, what a great ending scene. As someone who left high brass for low, the parts can seem a bit lame when played by themselves.

Yeah, I think it applies to any instrument but for ones like that it's especially true. Doing almost any activity alone that is set up for a group is less fun than doing it with the group so giving her a taste of the payoff for all that solo practice was a really good way of getting her to commit to the whole thing.

Also really liked Goto's impassioned speech about why the Tuba is great, "It's great because it sucks and is hard!" it does not sound right but I get what he means. :lol:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Fangz posted:

I think the social dynamics amongst the band members are one of the most interesting things in the show. This episode added to that a lot. (Last episode was rather weak in my mind because I was worried that that aspect was going away.) Now I understand why there is resentment over Kousaka potentially going for the solo trumpet role, given Kaori's efforts last year, when before it just read as jealousy. Also we know what Natsuki's deal is, now.

I'm perfectly fine with Midori never getting an episode. Something like Shirobako already shows that really they don't need to particularly focus on the 'main group' at all.

Agreed, I really enjoyed the episode. It was good to see some of the stuff under the surface come boiling out, the president's frustration and lack of confidence in herself, the tensions between the first, second and third years and so on. If the show just concentrated on the main cast it would be a poorer show.

Still, my favorite part was probably that utterly incredulous "Wha..?" at the end, like you could hear the thought of "Me? Him? What the gently caress?!" just from the tone used with that line, I immediately burst out laughing.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

That was a pretty great episode, lots of good character development. I really love the animation here, especially how you can see the emotions flitting across each character's face both clearly and subtly, it's like an entire second track of dialogue.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I was going to say that Euphonium was the first original KyoAni story that they seem to have gotten right, but nope it's based on a novel/manga/whatever. Regardless I like this show and don't think it really matters who if any the main character ends up with.

It's based on a novel, and not a light novel, just a regular one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

ViggyNash posted:

I hate you, and so do my ribs.

Hey, hey.

*whispers in ear*

~Royal Couple~ :laugh:

• Locked thread