Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So is Barbaro Cavernario in Ingobernables now? He seems to be tagging with Rush a lot lately.

Incidentally, is he really only 24? I feel like I remember people being really excited about him on the DVDVR board 5 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The Battle of Naucalpan was meant to be a BOLA style tournament but "you can only see it if you come to the arena" which is dumb because the whole thing is that BOLA is a big seller of DVD but hey ho.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Meeeeeeee. Switched over to the Spanish commentary because the English-speaking guys weren't very good.

The Twitch ads placed randomly wherever and whenever are a real pain.

Is it still Matt Striker & Vampiro? The last time I watched AAA they made me very angry.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

So Rush is in AAA now?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Did anyone order the recent CMLL PPV? I'm reading good things about Volador vs Bandido but can't decide if this is lucha fans starved for good wrestling or something to hope shows up online eventually

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The good news is Bandido vs Volador show airs on SamuraiTV later this month so hopefully some good quality footage makes it online

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

AAA have announced some details about Triplemania! August 14th, limited capacity, at the Arena Ciudad de México. And according to Cubsfan, Faby Apache vs Deonna Purrazzo in a AAA vs Impact title match, Kenny Omega vs Andrade for the Mega Title & Psycho Clown vs Rey Escorpion mascara contra cabellera.

Kenny & Callis sent in a promo

https://twitter.com/luchalibreaaa/status/1394695143098363907?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

CMLL sure seems like it's gone off the rails

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm surprised half of them have even been defended this year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

If they care that little, why not let Wato keep the belt?

Nobody wants to be associated with Wato

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Apparently CMLL will be getting a trio of women from Ice Ribbon at some point in the near future: Tsukushi Haruka, last in Mexico in February 2020, Nao Ishikawa who has only really been wrestling for a year and most notably Tsukasa Fujimoto, current ICE×∞ Champion, the ace of the promotion

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ooooh, this'll be the first chance I'll have had to see Nueva Generación Dinamita since they jumped from CMLL.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Benne posted:

That tournament makes no sense even in kayfabe

What's stopping someone from just laying down in the first round if it means they get to keep their mask?

The losers advance.

It's an odd field. Penta is 37, Psycho Clown is 36, everyone else is not so young. Canek is 69, Ultimo is 55, Rayo de Jalisco Jr is 62, Villano VI will be 57 by the time the tournament starts, Blue Demon Jr is 55 & LA Park is 56.

I honestly had just assumed El Canek had retired 15 years ago. There can't be many people still active who you'd associate with the UWA & yet here you've Villano VI & El Canek.

Even if I'm not sure I really want to watch the matches I'm utterly fascinated as to who will drop their mask from that lot. I'd assume the younger duo would be safe, along with Ultimo & presumably Park & Blue Demon Jr as they are still working regularly. The other trio seem to be firmly part-timers

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 9, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Germansimp posted:

That match sounds awesome, but what I'm also seeing, a Canek singles match? Is that the same near-70 Canek that could barely move in that terrible CMLL match B&V reviewed like a decade ago, or is there someone young and talented re-using that name?
It's part of a "loser loses their mask" tournament, with the loser advancing

To quote myself, "It's an odd field. Penta is 37, Psycho Clown is 36, everyone else is not so young. Canek is 69, Ultimo is 55, Rayo de Jalisco Jr is 62, Villano VI will be 57 by the time the tournament starts, Blue Demon Jr is 55 & LA Park is 56."

It has high trainwreck potential, which is a good 50% of what you want from AAA.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lid posted:

wait so this is round one? when are the finals?

Apparently the semi-finals are June 18 & the finals are October 15th & there are 3 Triplemania shows this year. I cannot pretend to understand but this one is Monterrey, June is Tijuana & October is Mexico City

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchalibreaaa/status/1584944882271064064?t=iVjDBaGGO6xdA_vwQa5zbg&s=19

Yes please

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Vampiro vs Nzo, a match decades in the making.

Impressed they managed to resist adding Travis Banks, just to add to the poo poo sundae.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oil! posted:

Dragon Lee has officially retired

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2022/12/28/dragon-lee-has-signed-with-wwe-to-start-in-february/

AAA announced a merch website during their show. They do ship to the US, but shipping is pretty expensive (~$30, the same as what it costs for UPS when I buy masks elsewhere).

https://lucha-libreaaa.myshopify.com/

Sucks rear end. Really wanted one more Hiromu Lee match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gatoh Move opening the real Forbidden door: Mei wrestling for CMLL, Emi for AAA

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Didn't realise the sun needed branding

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Will they be brave enough to cut Adonis's hair?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Are AAA still doing the Marvel matches?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

I'm very mad I accidentally bought this show on Fite because I was drunk instead of the one that had the Kenny vs. Vikingo match that I actually wanted to watch.

Vikingo Speedball should be pretty loving great too

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Triplemania developments:
Sam Adonis is a bald bitch now

Ahhh, that's the AAA poo poo we crave.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

I hope those prices are missing a decibel!

No, but they are in Pesos. 199 Pesos, 499 pesos, 699 pesos. Which according to cubsfan is about 9 USD, 25 USD & 35 USD which is pretty off-putting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

CIMA, Kyle Fletcher and Nick Wayne is a pretty decent team for one clearly picked by throwing darts at a sheet of paper with every wrestler in the world's name on it.