Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

a cartoon duck posted:

The biggest improvement in Bayonetta 2 is Bayo's hairdo, really.

She looks much better with the shorter cut than her old beehive, it's amazing.

yoshesque posted:

The verse design in this game is skewed towards making Platinums easy to get, but Pure Platinums are much more difficult to get. There are certain verses where you can lose all your health and still get a gold award on Damage, and as long as you do well in Time and Combo you'll get a Platinum medal. Compare that to getting hit more than twice in the original and getting a silver for damage. I suspect a lot of people who enjoyed this game never tried to Pure Platinum everything, because it is a bitch to do, and personally I have a lot more fun with the game when I don't try to PP it.

That was my feeling too, Once i stopped caring so much about rankings (particularly against certain enemies that are really hard to rank well against) the game got much more fun. I think the only real trouble I had was the.. first boss fight level? I still don't understand what they want you to do there to get good ranking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Peg me as another one who didn't even know the Frog existed until you showed it off right now.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Mulgar posted:

My knowledge of this is limited to messing about in TF2 maps but I think that without a skybox, or anything else, to draw the game doesn't wipe away what was on the screen beforehand.
Note how when the camera moves around it continuously draws Bayonetta and when it sees the tower it draws that as well.
In TF2, and other games, if the map maker can get away with not rendering an area of the map that they are sure a player won't see then they'll do it, as it helps with performance.

I've only ever seen this in games that allowed noclip though, I didn't think the devs would allow such an easy infinite jump to stay in the game.

Basically, the way it works is, to save processing power, most graphics engines won't redraw every single object every single frame, they will only redraw things that have changed since the last frame update. Everything else will just use the pixel value that it has in memory. The endless black void isn't a texture, or a skybox, so the engine doesn't have anything to draw, once something is written to the pixel it stays there until something that is an object overwrites it, like bayonetta, one of her attacks, the tower, or a wisp trail.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I think the point of Luka's appearances in this game are to point out that he's actually an amazingly good investigator (he found out about Jeanne, knew what Bayonetta would be doing, and managed to get here before her and do some research on things that would be helpful to her) he's just really really not the action movie star he thinks he is, at least not without Cereza helping him out.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

That scene from bayo 1 where he just kind of walks in out of nowhere, alive, with Cereza in tow going "Of course I survived, I'm a big damned hero" is great.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

meteor9 posted:

Honestly I'm not sure why everyone was so hyped up about RULES OF NATURE et al all the time, considering how much they all sound like radio rock. Then again I can't say I cared either way given that you're cutting a giant goddamn robot in half and that's never not awesome.

Like Dantes said, you don't really hear that much of Rules of Nature, because in game it's mostly just the bass guitar track, it only spins up to the vocals twice, once when you first parry the Ray. And again when you're running across a field of in-flight missiles and then suplexed into a clock tower that you then run down in order to cut the metal gear ray in half like a banana.

It's an incredibly average song but when you first hear RULES OF NATURE! you know something amazing is going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

yoshesque posted:

I'd have to sit down and find a good shot of it, but I would guess it says what the alfheim portals said: Heaven's radiance outshines all. Bayonetta's default outfits have always had traces of demon script on them, it's just basically impossible to get the whole picture, although bless the internet for trying.

The script on the back roughly translates to "Do not do what you're thinking of doing, it's tedious."

• Locked thread