Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
lol ok I gave you a respectful response and it's a meltdown now

learns me for taking you seriously I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Maybe it is my ESL, but you did come off like "I am mad as hell and I ain't gonna take it anymore!" there.

I like your Dishonored LP. :3:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah you know what i can see that

that's fair enough

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Psion posted:

One of the other problems of this change :airquote: trying to promote class diversity :airquote: is it really fucks anyone attempting a solo or 2/3 player run, because you will never be able to cover all the 87 resist bases, so it means any small group will naturally have to gravitate towards the least weak classes just to have a chance.

in the spirit of trying to promote 6-player diversity they killed any diversity in small groups who actually want to succeed. mmm yes.

I'll back you up if you post it; just let me know if you decide to piss or hug.

for example,

this is probably the most palatable option for TWI not to feel like they've wasted their dev time and to not burn the gameplay and salt the earth for the rest of us

It seems like the entire system is built for a group of six friends that play HoE or Suicidal and are perfectly coordinated (know the best class choices, constantly communicate with VOIP, never panic, know the exact spots to cover in every map, etc), which despite what people on TWI's forums say, is a very small minority. Those people are going to beat matches far more than your random pubbie ever will because of factors the game will never be able to control, so why bother trying to cater to them?

Incidentally, the ones saying the resistance system isn't hard to adapt to are the type that only play with friends in very difficult difficulties and have a perfectly coordinated team. It's everyone else getting pissed about it because it makes playing a bitch and annoying.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
Why did TW do this and PvP instead of adding classes and weapons to the game...

Seems pretty obvious that's what people would be more happy about.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Was PVP even in the original design document? I honestly thought it was a waste of time; if I wanted to play L4D I'd play L4D.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I dislike the resistance system in general, but the incap system is okayish, I could see myself warming up to it. They really need to fix gunbutting not stumbling, especially seeing as making enemies stumble was the point of gunbutting. Actually, they should just remove stumbling from using the new system and just have it as things that zeds consistently do like it always did.

But in regards to the resistance system, I feel as though my judgement on it is somewhat clouded by how convoluted it is. If they, say, had icons on your HUD indicating what zeds are weak to the weapon you're holding or resist it, that would've been nice. I've spent a few hours adjusting from the system and all I can notice is that bloats die to fire and explosives now and everything else seems to just tank every weapon except the microwave gun. Oh and Husks take three .500 shots to kill, two with max stats at 25 Gunslinger, and also that Gorefasts take way too many bullets to decap with handguns.

Then again, I'm fairly certain it is how it already appears to be (bad), but adding a system for clarity would still be appreciated.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 10, 2016

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

I dislike the resistance system in general, but the incap system is okayish, I could see myself warming up to it. They really need to fix gunbutting not stumbling, especially seeing as making enemies stumble was the point of gunbutting. Actually, they should just remove stumbling to work with the system and just have it as things that zeds consistently do.

But in regards to the resistance system, I feel as though my judgement on it is somewhat clouded by how convoluted it is. If they, say, had icons on your HUD indicating what zeds are weak to the weapon you're holding or resist it, that would've been nice. I've spent a few hours adjusting from the system and all I can notice is that bloats die to fire and explosives now and everything else seems to just tank every weapon except the microwave gun. Oh and Husks take three .500 shots to kill, two with max stats at 25 Gunslinger, and also that Gorefasts take way too many bullets to decap with handguns.

Then again, I'm fairly certain is how it actually is (bad), but adding a system for clarity would still be appreciated.

Adding cute little icons that pop up when you hit a zed with a weapon it isn't weak to doesn't change the fact that the system inherently makes it unfun to shoot critters; the primary point of the game. It is annoying and a chore having to put a ton of ammo into nearly everything because the devs thought it would really rock if your class could only really be effective on one or two enemies for the sake of adding teamwork.

You can no longer make Stalkers go airborne with the shotgun because oh noooo, that doesn't fit the optimized role for the Support class anymore.

No more Zed BBQs because everything laughs off fire damage. Get that MWG or else you're not playing Firebug the optimized, Tripwire way.

Can't save yourself from a Stalker or Crawler rush anymore as almost anything except a Commando because you didn't have a Commando that is somehow magically able to kill every Crawler and Stalker as soon as they spawn in from any direction before they reach anyone.

Don't even think about trying make it rain gibs with the Demo like you could before because of a combo of reduced explosion radii for his weapons and most enemies shrugging off explosive damage. Maybe you should go back into your corner with your RPG-7 and wait for the Fleshpounds to arrive, boy?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Theta Zero posted:

but adding a system for clarity would still be appreciated.

I think adding a bunch of HUD stuff to indicate resists is just going to mean a convoluted HUD - you can't make a system like this discoverable. Stun is a good incap, and it does add something to Sharp, but overall there are too many kinds and too many effects and too many resists - trying to put that on a HUD in a way which is glancable is, in my view, both implausible and treating the symptom and not the cause.

stuff like "firebug vs husk bad" is easy to remember and makes sense - it's incredibly discoverable. Of course the flamethrower enemy ain't gonna give a gently caress about fire. Stuff like "sirens resist this and this and that and this and those but not this" is untenable.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I know. Sort of. Which is why I said I'm pretty sure it's exactly how it feels, which is really bad. But if Tripwire is hard set on implementing this, which is reasonable to assume given their history with EA for this game, at the very least a system to make it more understandable would be nice.

I'm nothing if not a passive man.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Psion posted:

I think adding a bunch of HUD stuff to indicate resists is just going to mean a convoluted HUD - you can't make a system like this discoverable. Stun is a good incap, and it does add something to Sharp, but overall there are too many kinds and too many effects and too many resists - trying to put that on a HUD in a way which is glancable is, in my view, both implausible and treating the symptom and not the cause.

stuff like "firebug vs husk bad" is easy to remember and makes sense - it's incredibly discoverable. Of course the flamethrower enemy ain't gonna give a gently caress about fire. Stuff like "sirens resist this and this and that and this and those but not this" is untenable.
Yeah, firebug v husk is fine, and adding in a metal-armored dude that's resistant to bullets but gets cooked by fire and easily stunned by explosives would be fine too, but that's not what happened. Sadly. There's even natural roles that emerge from things like some classes having high damage, low RoF, long reload weapons being more vulnerable to Stalkers/Clots/etc than the guys with high RoF, low damage or shotguns or whatever. That's a natural role that just doesn't work anymore because some gun types suddenly don't do damage to arbitrary targets for some reason.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The thing that drives me batty is that there seems to be two teams at Tripwire: one that adds user accessibility features like boss health bars and class icons that can be seen through walls and one that adds insanely obfuscated garbage like resistances. These teams don't speak to each other.

Please don't take this as a hint to remove boss health bars, they are fun and good. Also it feels like Hans spawns a lot more Zeds when he's healing. Like...3 times as many. This is also fun and good.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
resistances make no sense. I dont see how they improve the game. They came completely out of left field as well.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah, firebug v husk is fine, and adding in a metal-armored dude that's resistant to bullets but gets cooked by fire and easily stunned by explosives would be fine too, but that's not what happened. Sadly. There's even natural roles that emerge from things like some classes having high damage, low RoF, long reload weapons being more vulnerable to Stalkers/Clots/etc than the guys with high RoF, low damage or shotguns or whatever. That's a natural role that just doesn't work anymore because some gun types suddenly don't do damage to arbitrary targets for some reason.

I like it when roles develop naturally. It gives the game some diversity and character. I thought it was neat how the Commando could kill trash at range, but also take out Scrakes with well-placed shots and clear out a stray Husk the rest of the team couldn't easily focus on, blast the Sirens that come with Fleshpounds to give your Zerk some breathing room, and pop Bloats before they got close and become living shields for Zeds. But, in TWI's infinite wisdom, you can no longer do anything as a Commando except glue your rear end to the floor and kill Crawlers and Stalkers as your priority targets because of the resistance system making it a pain in the rear end to kill anything stronger than a Clot.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 10, 2016

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Questioner86 posted:

Sorry to hear you guys don't like the revised resist system, but I'm going to go ahead and deny any requests for heads on sticks. I've been play testing A LOT over the last couple of weeks and had some of the most intense and fun experiences playing KF2 in those final playtests once the system really started to take shape and I'm not keen on firing anyone the company because they had fun during a play test.

Personally, I like the idea of there being some strategy to team composition, skill selection and weapon selection and we've gotten a lot of feedback over the last year that all the perks are too similar, the skill choices are always one-sided and that the tactics and combos aren't as complex as in KF1. The concept of certain perks being ideal to deal with certain threats and team work being the key to success sounds like classic co-op or team based shooter design I think it's a good goal. Medic+Berserker being the ultimate combo or a single perk with a certain loadout being being good at tackling every threat in the game isn't exactly thrilling game play and we're trying to improve that.

I think the system pairs really well with the new cumulative incap system and we'll just have to see what adjustments need to be made to keep the game fun and challenging as you go up through the difficulties. Save the serious resistances that require careful team coordination and perk selection to HoE and letting normal difficulty be an experience where 6 berserkers can run around playing whack-a-mole? Might be the solution. Add more weaknesses so each perk only has one nemesis ZED (like the Husk vs Firebug)? Maybe be that. We'll have to keep gathering feedback and see. If the community decides they want head popping simulator then I'm sure they'll make that desire known.

Okay realtalk constructive feedback dude:

If you really want the game to be about people naturally making a team comp that covers all avenues, then the class-weapon system needs to go. If you need certain weapons by design you can't lock them to classes that then also have to level in a very lengthy way (in a system that leaves many of them utter garbage before significant level investment). People cannot adapt because they don't have every class at max level. Decouple guns from classes and yeah - a dude can go "we don't have microwaves we are getting screwed by sirens, I'll pick one up".

Then reason this probably didn't show in your internal tests is because you can skip the grind and/or already have every class maxed. Of course people are going to be able to adapt at that point, but it's utterly unrealistic.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
:rip: Killing Floor 2.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ZearothK posted:

I hope Questioner didn't peace out from the frankly childish vitriol in this thread.

That said, the update is still bad. As I said earlier, it is pretty obvious why this is a beta within Early Access rather than something being pushed into the main build, despite the lack of faith of this community for TWI, they are aware that this is a huge change and need feedback from external testing before making this the direction of the game.

My ire is directed at the mechanics, not the Messenger :v: Questioner has basically been good people for the majority of things.

So I'm so far expecting off his robotic dismissal of concerns to be just getting burnt out dealing with "TWI does something that punches fun in the balls while calling it an improvement. Is the only staff member around to scream obscenities over latest change at." Every single time TWI comes up with some kind of :airquote: "improvement" that ends up being a slog and/or ignoring the stuff people keep asking to get changed....

Or changing it then going "So we made THIS part even harder! To make up for toning down the bullshit overkill!" It's harder to appreciate them finally trying to fix busted rear end unfun difficult parts of a boss... If they just turn around and immediately buff other parts of the boss, rather than see how it shakes out with the reductions and then add more difficulty back if needed, LATER.

So much of this seems to be trying to preemptively avoid as much incremental LIVE PLAYERBASE balance testing as possible, and just making wild stabs in the dark at guesswork of what the end result should be to just avoid the workload. Instead of, you know, testing stuff incrementally with the live playerbase in their early access game. Have a complete overhaul! Now, wait until our next internally tested complete overhaul. If you are really, really lucky, we might tweak some individual parts in any way that isn't a player nerf.

Again, that's all ire at mechanics and the TWI design. Not the poor messenger dealing with the aftermath.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 10, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

It's the problem of not understanding why people want to play their game. Most people just want to launch the game, pop zombie heads, and have a good time. What the devs seem to want is a very challenging co-op game that demands team composition and MMO-raid levels of coordination. Thing is, I don't see the action game full of exploding zombie heads and giant monsters with chainsaws and drill-hands and cancel my WoW subscription.

And the complaints kind of stem from problems with difficulty levels. For a group of friends who play regularly, Easy and Normal become a joke rather quickly, not to mention the progression issues with those difficulties. So Hard seems like it should be the difficulty where you get more progression but you have to ramp up your teamwork. And hard mostly is well-designed. It doesn't require sperg-level play, but you can't get away with everybody just pooping around. Unfortunately, there's a dice roll as to whether you'll get a really fun boss or one that requires you to break game mechanics while he one-shots everybody. Then when they finally balance that, everybody must now pick precisely the right class and shoot precisely the right enemy. And the only way to know this is to study a wiki and memorize it.

This is the problem with internal testing. It is done by people sitting in the same room who get to communicate with or are developers. It doesn't take into factors of public testing like internet latency, lack of communication, lack of in-depth knowledge that's not in the main game, etc. It's why everyone's so sour about the EA aspect of everything. It's not even being remotely considered even though it's supposed to be the closest thing to a release market.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 11, 2016

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Plan Z posted:

It's the problem of not understanding why people want to play their game. Most people just want to launch the game, pop zombie heads, and have a good time. What the devs seem to want is a very challenging co-op game that demands team composition and MMO-raid levels of coordination. Thing is, I don't see the action game full of exploding zombie heads and giant monsters with chainsaws and drill-hands and cancel my WoW subscription.

I'm not sure if it's because they genuinely want it to be a hardcore co-op game or because that's what they think the players want because of the diehard players on their official forums and Reddit.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Klaus88 posted:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

closeted republican posted:

I'm not sure if it's because they genuinely want it to be a hardcore co-op game or because that's what they think the players want because of the diehard players on their official forums and Reddit.

And that was the issue I had with them taking metrics. The player population absolutely tanked and is still going down. So who's left? People who are still playing the game in whatever state it's in and insisting nothing is wrong, which taints all kinds of things like the difficulty curve where the ~1000 player max population give a bad insight to how the game is really being played. It doesn't take into account all of those thousands and thousands of people who played it, quit for some reason, and never gave feedback. I can understand TWI being wary because supposedly focus-testing hosed RO2 up so bad after its beta where they were forced to Frankenstein CoD-like play into their milsim instead of fixing bugs, but this game sold like over 800,000 copies in EA and I'm wondering how they think it'll go post-release when hundreds of thousands of people bought the game and only a few hundred are playing it each evening now.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Have you guys watched much Kitchen Nightmares before? A scenario you'd see a lot on the show is failing restaurants with odd menus that have very limited appeal. The owners were always terrified to overhaul the menu because they were afraid of losing what tiny clientele they had left. The problem tends to be a focus on catering to the small group that stayed instead of the large group that left.

Don't know why I thought of that just now.

edit: :hfive: Plan Z

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Plan Z posted:

And that was the issue I had with them taking metrics. The player population absolutely tanked and is still going down. So who's left? People who are still playing the game in whatever state it's in and insisting nothing is wrong, which taints all kinds of things like the difficulty curve where the ~1000 player max population give a bad insight to how the game is really being played. It doesn't take into account all of those thousands and thousands of people who played it, quit for some reason, and never gave feedback. I can understand TWI being wary because supposedly focus-testing hosed RO2 up so bad after its beta where they were forced to Frankenstein CoD-like play into their milsim instead of fixing bugs, but this game sold like over 800,000 copies in EA and I'm wondering how they think it'll go post-release when hundreds of thousands of people bought the game and only a few hundred are playing it each evening now.

That's a really good point about metrics I haven't thought about before.

I wouldn't be surprised that their metrics will eventually reveal that the resistances haven't really affected the gameplay because the few people that'll stick with KF2 once the shine of the new update dulls managed to tough the resistances out or played in Normal, giving them an extremely skewed look at the game that ignores the many criticisms of the resistances from places like here, 4chan, and Reddit.

quote:

Have you guys watched much Kitchen Nightmares before? A scenario you'd see a lot on the show is failing restaurants with odd menus that have very limited appeal. The owners were always terrified to overhaul the menu because they were afraid of losing what tiny clientele they had left. The problem tends to be a focus on catering to the small group that stayed instead of the large group that left.

Wasn't Payday 2 in a similar situation, but managed to reverse the trend? I hope TWI takes some ques from Overkill and makes the game not cater to a small group of diehards on the official forums and Reddit.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/932623652014953127

Some, uh, "buffs" to resistances? They're planning on making Zeds not have as-stupid resistances to some of the more common guns. They also nerfed railgun auto-lock-on damage.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

Some, uh, "buffs" to resistances? They're planning on making Zeds not have as-stupid resistances to some of the more common guns. They also nerfed railgun auto-lock-on damage.

These are just band-aids on the festering problem that is the resistance system.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Wait. The railgun has a second firing mode? I never checked :v:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kikas posted:

Wait. The railgun has a second firing mode? I never checked :v:

It just allowed free aim. It didn't do anything but allow that, so they nerfed it so you actually need to move your mouse to hit heads now which you'd figure would be standard for a sniper class.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

quote:

M79 will now kill a siren with a direct hit in one hit

Good news guys, they fixed Demo!

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

DoombatINC posted:

:ramsay:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Sykic posted:

Good news guys, they fixed Demo!

Christ Tripwire is so out of touch. Yes, the biggest problem with Sirens is that Demos couldn't OHKO them with the M79. :rolleyes:

I imagine one of the Tripwire guys looking over the complaints and grumpily saying "Fine. I'll make Sirens die from one M79 grenade to shut them the gently caress up".

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

You're speaking my language since I recently quit a food job I helped start up with over similar reasons. I get it. It sucks to have a bunch of people jump down your throat and tell you that something you created is bad when you feel that they're looking at it the wrong way. A chef I worked for had it one day when one of those types who cuts their steak into strips before eating it squeezed out all the juice and complained it was dry. He then had it out with the customer who didn't understand what the problem was, not realizing there was an onus upon the consumer for his dining experience as well. But the difference here is someone said "come in and try our beef" with marketing that would leave people expecting a steak or burger suddenly has to plan out a multi-course menu of high-end beef dishes and choose the right wine for each.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

ZearothK posted:

But really, feeling like your guns are powerful is in my opinion one of the core elements of KF2, your gunplay is top notch, feeling like you are firing pea-shooters runs counter to that. I do agree that a better way to do increase challenge is by increasing the number of zeds, because that increases the amount of things being dismembered/blown/burned in fun ways, as opposed to making enemies bullet sponges. Hell, I don't even get mad if I die late in a wave after doing my part in painting the map red, because it is fun to do that. Just don't spawn four sirens at once.

Well said. The game right now has an identity crisis. As you said, the core elements that make this game fun is the gunplay and pacing. In some ways, the classic KF experience reminded me a lot of Doom 2 in the sense that you are constantly managing hordes of enemies using weapons that have a very specific purpose in a given scenario or play style. The game is at its absolute best when you are clearing out trash, but are slowly overwhelmed and forced to dodge and weave through traffic to get to teammates for help when a fleshpound or scrake shows up. Prioritizing threatening targets is fun and should be the aim to get players to cooperate more - not by arbitrarily degrading weapon stats on certain enemies.

Give us more enemies. Introduce new monsters that have certain characteristics that make them more dangerous and then sprinkle them in the same way as the scrakes or fleshpounds. This will make the game more difficult and increase teamplay, without making the regular enemies feel like a chore and by extension, the game.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
I thought about launching KF1 to see how it compares, since I got it for free w/ my purchase of KF2 at some point. Then I saw the $70 or so worth of DLC that I don't have. Did they give me a free game under the hopes I'd empty my wallet?

A lot of it looked cosmetic at first, but a few I picked at random seemed to imply that they provided new weapons.

How's Payday 2 and Vermintide doing these days? Anyone else move on to those? I heard Payday 2 had some serious problems with microtransactions affecting game balance, but I can't seem to find a consensus as to whether or not that was ever dealt with satisfactorily.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Payday 2's MTs have zero effect on gameplay now. You can get stat boost drops which you can attach to any gun which do the same thing as stat boost skins, except better (Because they're more flexible) - and those are for free.

also at the end of this month every single drop in Payday 2 will be free - no more 2.50 drills to open your safes.

so yeah, it's more than dealt with.

e: they also redid the skill system and made the game even more fun than before. Not like that's a pointed reminder or anything.

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 11, 2016

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Yeah, Payday 2 fixed the MT problem in the best way they could have twice-over now, first by making the stat gains not tied to purchases and then by just removing it altogether.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

On the plus side at least people post in this thread again

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Severed posted:

Well said. The game right now has an identity crisis. As you said, the core elements that make this game fun is the gunplay and pacing. In some ways, the classic KF experience reminded me a lot of Doom 2 in the sense that you are constantly managing hordes of enemies using weapons that have a very specific purpose in a given scenario or play style. The game is at its absolute best when you are clearing out trash, but are slowly overwhelmed and forced to dodge and weave through traffic to get to teammates for help when a fleshpound or scrake shows up. Prioritizing threatening targets is fun and should be the aim to get players to cooperate more - not by arbitrarily degrading weapon stats on certain enemies.

Give us more enemies. Introduce new monsters that have certain characteristics that make them more dangerous and then sprinkle them in the same way as the scrakes or fleshpounds. This will make the game more difficult and increase teamplay, without making the regular enemies feel like a chore and by extension, the game.

I'd like to mention that you can totally recreate the KF1/2 experience within Doom 2016 and it's basically infinitely more fun while potentially way more challenging (all up to the map designer though). See that's the thing, resistances aren't challenging, they're frustrating, they're obtuse. If resistances were to address why certain classes were just better, it's failed. It should have been obvious from the drat start as well, this is basically "level 15 siren resistance" writ large, this is taking the major issue with Demo and expanding to to every single class and yet somehow expecting it to fix things. This is crippling every class with the Commando 1v1 Scrake/Pound experience; who the gently caress thinks that's fun? You're implementing the main reason why the bottom tier classes were awful on the whole drat game.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

OneDeadlyBum posted:

How's Payday 2 and Vermintide doing these days? Anyone else move on to those? I heard Payday 2 had some serious problems with microtransactions affecting game balance, but I can't seem to find a consensus as to whether or not that was ever dealt with satisfactorily.

The Payday 2 was completely wrong from the get-go. People screamed about pay-to-win because a handful of skins gave out something like +4 stability (out of 100) or one extra bullet in reserve for a sniper rifle. I don't know where on Earth you heard it unbalanced anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Payday 2 is fun and cool, I'm not a huge fan of Vermintide but it's by no means a bad game. I don't think the latter is doing so hot in playerbase but there's definitely still goons playing it if that's your bag.