Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Melth posted:

Translation errors or idiosyncrasies like that abound in some of the less trafficked parts of the game and range from banal to hilarious to dangerous and problematic (like that ranking screen one). Here are a few from the demo screens that play if you don't press start:

To be fair to the translators I don't think either of these are actually their fault. Japanese FEs love using English in their demo screens because Intelligent Systems is just weird like that, and I don't think either of these have actually been changed from the original, as evidenced by one of them still having Japanese characters in it. I do know for a fact that Cavaliers have always been called Social Knights in Japan since FE1. Not as in the name translates to "social knight", but as in the Japanese actually sounds out to "social knight".

Anyway, nitpicking aside, I really liked your FE7 LP and I'm glad to see you're continuing on with this one. I'll be following this.

Melth posted:

Newb question: what does this mean?
It means you didn't give your thread a tag (the image you see to the left of the title in the thread list). If you don't pick one it becomes "poo poo post", and you can't edit the tag once the thread is posted. Fedule is a moderator and changed it to "strategy" for you because he's nice like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Onmi posted:

It's their fault for not translating it

The new translation patch shows that off. The old translations being poor hack jobs never ceases to piss me off.
I mean, yeah, but the class demo screen is probably way, way down on the priority list for things to translate. It's not surprising that early patches didn't care about it.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

FoolyCharged posted:

I'm just gonna take a guess and assume his issue with that was less the social knight thing, and more the usuable of the weapon thing along with it showing bows while the dude clearly has a lance.
The pictures are of separate things; the Japanese in the bow picture says "archer".

• Locked thread