Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I looked it up and that made me much more interested than these "just watch it heh heh" posts did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

serebralassazin posted:

Anyone know if the Working! Manga finished?
I believe it did or at least was going to "soon" months ago, which means it should be by now.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I'm almost finished Non Non Biyori season one, and I guess I will watch the second, though for no particular reason. The only thing I can really say about it is that it really captures how much it sucks to grow up in the middle of nowhere.

Also the closeup of Renge crying in that one episode lasts way too long and it's really awkward.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

serebralassazin posted:

Anyone know if the Working! Manga finished?

it is, so i assume this season will resolve all the plotlines. i accidentally read some spoilers that confirm that at least 1 couple end up together so we have that to look forward to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gatchaman 2 and uh. That's kinda it for me. Gangsta sounds cool maybe and I'm going to watch the first 5 minutes of the first person sleeping show out of curiosity

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to see Working!! but the first two seasons are still in my queue

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm hyped for more Gatchaman Crowds and Non Non Biyori. Also tentatively excited for more Dragonball, depending on what sort of tone it takes.

There's bunch of other things that I'll wait for other folks to check out first, since I still have a heck of a backlog going on. I'm glad of everyone who takes the time to sift through it all. I'm sure we'll get the usual pleasant surprise of the season somewhere!

Also the simulwatch is still going on so if anyone really wants something new to watch right now (and I mean that literally since it's happening tonight) then check it out!

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

the wildest rear end posted:

I looked it up and that made me much more interested than these "just watch it heh heh" posts did.
Well, I think people just don't want to spoil anything. I mean, as Sakurazuka said, it will not take long and anime-only viewers will learn about the setting that the story takes place in and the big twist in the first half (or maybe at the end) of the first episode but still.

Anyway, if we're putting in the description what the show is really about, I think the better idea would be putting something about the setting instead of what's in the spoilers right now.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

the wildest rear end posted:

Viggynash is incapable of googling things

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Gatchaman 2 and uh. That's kinda it for me. Gangsta sounds cool maybe and I'm going to watch the first 5 minutes of the first person sleeping show out of curiosity

didn't think you would skip the drinking OL show

im gonna watch that, gatchaman, working, gangster show and maybe the historical shoujo show if its good

don't really feel like watching anything i've already watched the manga of, learned with ore monogatari that i don't have the patience for that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

didn't think you would skip the drinking OL show

im gonna watch that, gatchaman, working, gangster show and maybe the historical shoujo show if its good

don't really feel like watching anything i've already watched the manga of, learned with ore monogatari that i don't have the patience for that

Drinking OL show?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Wakako Zake

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wakako-zake starring Miyuki Sawashiro

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

DiabloCthulhu posted:

Well, I think people just don't want to spoil anything. I mean, as Sakurazuka said, it will not take long and anime-only viewers will learn about the setting that the story takes place in and the big twist in the first half (or maybe at the end) of the first episode but still.

Anyway, if we're putting in the description what the show is really about, I think the better idea would be putting something about the setting instead of what's in the spoilers right now.

Fair enough

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

quote:

:siren:School-Live!/Gakkou Gurashi!
Lerche - Ando, Masaomi - Mystery, Horror, School, Slice of Life, Supernatural, Seinen
Takeya Yuki is in love with the school. For her, it's a wonderful place, where she enjoys her school activities, especially the activities of her club: School Life Club. The club has Rii-chan as the president, Kurumi-chan as another member, and the teacher, Megu-nee, always there for them. Yes, she is in love with her school... on her mind. Because, for her, the reality of the school and their club's activities is way too hard to be perceived... In reality, they are the sole survivors of their school after a zombie outbreak overruns the city.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

Wakako-zake starring Miyuki Sawashiro

Welp that's going in my list.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Gonna make the OP look like an SCP entry.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

redact all the bad anime

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

:siren:Wakako-zake
office DCI - Yamaoka, Minoru - Slice of Life, Seinen
Murasaki Wakako, who is 26 years old, loves going out alone to enjoy eating and drinking, especially when something unpleasant happens at work. This manga follows Wakako through many solitary outings, where she enjoys different combinations of food and drink!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

:siren: Aria is the best anime of all time and is getting another season/ova/thing idk

Please be as good

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Tonfa posted:

:siren: Aria is the best anime of all time and is getting another season/ova/thing idk

Please be as good

I hope the soundtrack is even better than the previous seasons'.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Namtab posted:

Gakkou Gurashi is good, trust me on this

e: give it the three ep test, and believe in me

I just read this last week and was like "Yo this would make for a pretty cool anime wonder why it hasn't been done yet" and lo and behold.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Aquarion Logos
Gangsta
Lupin if it airs in the summer (probably airs in fall)
I'll watch Dragonball Super when it's dubbed, gently caress the sub voices

Movies don't count because it'll take forever for them to come to disc

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Series I have at least a passing interest in and most of which I will at least check out if they get good press assuming I'm not already checking them out:

A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist - I feel like I saw a trailer for this and it looked like a potentially glorious trainwreck

Classroom☆Crisis - curious about the concept

Everyday Life with Monster Girls - :unsmigghh:

Gangsta. - sounds gangsta

Jitsu wa Watashi wa - please be a good adaptation please be a good adaptation please be a good adaptation please be a good adaptation

Red Dragon War - sure why not

School-Live! - not seen any trailers for this yet but the manga is shockingly good so I am looking forward to this

Working!!! - yeah sure

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Aquarion Logos seems to have switched out Kawamori, who is now basically uninvolved, for the director of Nobunaga the Fool. Also, Akino+Bless4 are gone. Not great signs. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You know you're in trouble when getting rid of Kawamori actually makes things worse.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

how can you even have an aquarion anime without akino+bless 4

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Yes: Aria, Durarara, Non Non Biyori, School-Live, Working, Miss Monochrome
3 Ep-test to see whether there's anything the manga/LN didn't do better: MonMusu, Gate, JitsuWa, Overlord
Maybe: Classroom Crisis, Chaos Dragon, Rokka no Yuusha

I see Denpa Kyoushi is still running but I haven't seen anyone in ADTRW say a single word about it. The manga didn't seem that good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hey guys, let's make a samurai champloo sequel without nujabes

wait poo poo i just made myself sad

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

you think they'd just come up with a new name if they're going to dump everything associated with the show

i don't think aquarion is that hot of a franchise to try and bleed profits out of at this point?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Endorph posted:

hey guys, let's make a samurai champloo sequel without nujabes

wait poo poo i just made myself sad
Though my mind's at peace,
The world's out of order.
Missing the inner heat,
Life gets colder.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Phlogistic posted:

Aquarion Logos seems to have switched out Kawamori, who is now basically uninvolved, for the director of Nobunaga the Fool. Also, Akino+Bless4 are gone. Not great signs. :(

Dang that blows, the directing in Nobunaga the Fool was weak as hell and it only sorta stayed afloat with Kawamori's writing.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Leper Residue posted:

I just read this last week and was like "Yo this would make for a pretty cool anime wonder why it hasn't been done yet" and lo and behold.

read lucifer and the biscuit hammer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTYRrn1Q6j8

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would probably be really mad that that was fake if I'd ever read Lucifer & the Biscuit Hammer.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

man i'd link the really good lucifer and biscuit hammer MAD, but apparently they killed the audio in it :smith:

eh screw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZzZzcBd_-4

audio was diamond crevasse from macross frontier, p easy to find

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Cake Attack posted:

Haha I thought the same thing after reading that and was just like there's No way this hasn't been adapted after googling for it.

edit; like there's a live action version of Orange Marmalade of all things which isn't even that far in, how is there not an anime version of Lucifer?

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 31, 2015

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

Davincie posted:

it is, so i assume this season will resolve all the plotlines. i accidentally read some spoilers that confirm that at least 1 couple end up together so we have that to look forward to

Ah cool. Looking forward to this and Gatchaman Insight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Paracelsus posted:

I see Denpa Kyoushi is still running but I haven't seen anyone in ADTRW say a single word about it. The manga didn't seem that good.

I think one goon was watching it. I just don't like the manga at all, and you're better off rewatching GTO instead.

• Locked thread