Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my list is at around 20, i may need to learn some self control from the rest of the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm probably going to skip monmusu because there are no monster boys and the centaur creeps me out

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

There actually are monster boys. Not in the central group, but they exist, outside of female-only monster species like lamias.

this + slime girl has me sold, i think

Twiddy posted:

The most eye opening thing for me has been the massive amount of Centaur racism on this board. I thought ADTRW was better than this.

i just have centaur double standards. the monmusu one weirds me out but i own all the English volumes of Centaur's Life :shrug:

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 2, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

which monster girl is worse, centaur or harpy?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

revivals seem more common lately. Tatsunoko keeps dipping into the 70's for material, there's Jojo, and the Parasyte movies/anime too. i don't know exactly why some of these things are happening but i'm intensely skeptical of Lucifer or Dorohedoro ever getting animated. hell, BLAME! just got swept from under me last year when it was teased as a show within a show of Sidonia. :(

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wakako is cute and i want to get drinks with her

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like the Kenji Ohtsuki(?) OP/ED

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it would probably work better to just add who's streaming it to the start of the vshow blurb, with whatever stuff Lucy has been putting there.

basically "this show sounds interesting, who has it? *sees it right in show description*" vs "oh, CR has this stuff, what is it? *scrolls up to read summaries*"

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 26, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

neither has Crowds, fail

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nobody has announced streaming for the show yet. on top of that, doesn't funi usually announce their dubs a little way into the season?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

WickedHate posted:

It just seems like the kind of thing you'd do with a show that popular outside of Japan.

i'm 99% sure it'll happen, but it does kinda hurt things that we don't even have an air date for DBS (i've seen July 5 mentioned but only once).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Well, Go Bots technically came before Transformers.

G1 Transformers were just Diaclone/Microchange toys rebranded by Hasbro.

tbh i feel like poor man's as an idiom just requires something as a standard, rather than needing to come before or after. so Go Bots are a poor man's Transformers, but VHD isn't related enough to Hellsing to even use the phrase.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Crunchyroll is streaming Aoharu x Machinegun and Miss Monochrome S2 in the US and Canada.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-30/crunchyroll-to-stream-aoharu-x-machinegun-miss-monochrome-2nd-season/.89924

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Should I be watching Gatchaman Crowds (since it's out now)?

yes
e: actually you skip ep12 and watch the director's cut finale instead

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i haven't seen 1974 Gatchaman, but it would surprise me if Crowds was at all inferior to it, with the exception of the production issues.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she's basically the mom from Uchouten

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

of course when I get excited for a show (Gangsta), funimation loving drags their feet on it. sometime over the last season i forgot how bad they are and was actually excited for their streaming announcements.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

It's now 3 eps/day for S1 to finish by the time S2 airs. Waffling is only wasting time, Grouchio!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the yikes smiley

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Why isn't anyone talking about Chaos Dragon War? Did it get cancelled or something? It's got an :siren: , so someone was looking forward to it.

well nobody (in the us at least) is streaming it yet nor does it have :filez: subs

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i have yet to read Gate so i got the false impression it was more about violence and nationalism than harem stuff.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Classroom Crisis was interesting, if a bit contrived. They started the series with a hostage situation because how else would you introduce the cost-benefit analysis conceit of the show? It actually reminds me of Amagi, just not as funny (or funny at all, really).

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 4, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rvm posted:

How is Ranpo Kitan in any way, shape or form similar to Yuri Kuma?

i think the point was both are heavy on style and that Ranpo doesnt have the substance to back it up. because yeah i thought the comparison was nonsensical otherwise.

though it's not like Ranpo has had, say, more than a single episode to prove itself. starting with a multi-part mystery is definitely a risk, but it's dumb to not account for that as a viewer.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would say corporate dystopia isn't really an accurate label for CC. maybe corporate high school (trying-to-be) comedy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i kinda wish Aoharu didn't give off the love triangle vibe, but that's the only bad thing i could say about it at this point. the characters and action are amazingly over the top, and the music/op/ed are all great.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it seemed extremely video game-y to me, which was kinda out of place

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

let's continue to talk about the merits of the show nobody is actually watching

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the finale was great, and that's what I'll remember over Akko being a poo poo for the first half

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

They should be, but Gangsta has been a shitshow with them so far.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm pretty sure Crunchyroll has it, they just don't have it up yet.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can't wait for Gakkou Gurashi to become the next Madoka.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Everything about Gakkou Gurashi seems vile and exploitative as gently caress. Whereas Madoka tells a story that fits in with many of the conventions of the genre.

i didn't mean to imply the comparison would be apt. i'm just sure there will be people going nuts over the bait-and-switch OP and "dark SoL." maybe somebody will even call it a deconstruction.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fangz posted:

Was Madoka genuinely ever a bait and switch? It's hard for me to get myself into the frame of mind if not knowing what it is.

the show itself didn't hide its darker tone, but the OP is pretty cutesy with barely any hints to that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

imo GUNNM should be the next 90s series to get an anime

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Battle Angel Alita could really do with a proper run at an anime now that it's actually finished Last Order. What's the deal with Last Order: Omnibus 6 happening or not happening anyway, incidentally?

i would only expect GUNNM to be animated, and that's fine. it's a really nice story that ties itself off well enough. I'm enjoying Last Orders but it feels very overblown and not as emotionally satisfying.

thus i have no idea what's going on with releases for it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

Is that the Bones show?

yes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Myurton posted:

Why the hell is it that almost everything I want to watch isn't airing on Crunchy Roll? It's all Funimation and Hulu and I can't use any of those sites cause I live in Canada. Because of this and stupid licensing policy's I am forced to get my anime the old fashioned way before the invention of streaming services.

even if you live in the US, Funimation spends the first couple weeks of every season loving up and releasing shows late. meaning you might as well get them elsewhere.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Snow White show was okay. Not that interesting and the guys' designs bother me. I'm watching the first episode of Yona now and it already seems better.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the first episode of Jitsu wa was very boring except for the newspaper girl. i suspect manga goons have been hyping me up too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nozaki managed to both introduce characters and actually be funny, so i don't feel like i need to be very forgiving with Jitsu. i kind of wish they had revealed more than just the vampire in episode 1, but maybe the robot girl will be funnier next week.

• Locked thread