Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Geop posted:

:stonk: I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO KNEW ABOUT THIS GAME

:whatup:

And yeah, it's possible to lose more than just your leg. Though losing two is death if your total HP pool isn't reduced to zero yet.

Let me tell you, it's pretty hard to keep fighting without your weapon arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Kobold sized hole? Kinda. Try leading the baby Trog to the hole.

Also, what's your setup for the 360 controller being used for the whole VSIM swordplay?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

rojogames posted:

I tried this and sadly it didn't seem to want to work for me. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Yeah, guess I misremembered since it's been over ten years since I played the game.

I lack the means to record reliably, but I tried hitting up the game again. The way in is even more obtuse. The kobolds on the raft, if you've used the crate entry, are not initially hostile to you if you focus on the Trog. Fight the Trog off, the kobold on the raft will attempt to jump off and run into the hidey hole. Fucker fell four times into the water, but the fifth, he hid in the causeway. I do not know if he gets an item out for you or not. Bug or not, the kobold survived. It might influence the way kobolds see you later in the game, though.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Oh gosh, I forgot Tony Jay was in this game. Then hearing the guy's delivery of the sorceror brings back so many fond memories.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Huh. They didn't even give Sir Tony loving Jay a VA mention?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

rojogames posted:

There seem to be two sets of credits. I think the first set is for the Limb from Limb xpac, and then the ones that follow are for the original game. Tony Jay is credited around 11:55 in.

Well colour me stupid :v:

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
And that brings me to material I never have seen before. Limb From Limb never saw much release where I live at the time, and I never :filez:'d it either.

I'll enjoy watching this.

EDIT: Huh. They refined the dungeon mechanics and cleaned the platforming up a bit? That's one way to start things off, I guess. What are the different weapons you can equip anyway?

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 26, 2015

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

rojogames posted:

Depends on the character. For example Enric only has the 3 - sword, axe, morning star. Some characters like Maya can dual wield which I believe has a slightly special control scheme to allow use of the offhand weapon. I'm not sure if all characters have different weapons. For Enric I think the sword is the easiest just due to the reach and the damaging portion of the hit box, but honestly I haven't messed around too much with the additional weapons or other characters.

Oh right, dual wielding.

I think you either need to double-tap the direction of the weapon you intend to move via VSIM, or you program in the animation suite for custom attacks that you can play at the press of a button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Jeez, those weevils sound unfun and unfair.

I take it there's no way to prevent that first kobold from staying hostile to you if you manage to slay the first weevil without hitting the blue bugger?

• Locked thread