Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmao did he just rebuy his account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

i hope so only so he can get banned again and again and again

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

OSI bean dip posted:

i wonder if he'll rereg
:toot:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

staphinfection1989 was the most interesting thing to happen to this thread in 2 months and all you dillweeds just gettin' mad that someone dare shitpost in the funny computer forum smdh

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
will this lead to the return of infectedballs.jpg?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I hear the only cure is found in the tropical rain forests of south america

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

blugu64 posted:

I hear the only cure is found in the tropical rain forests of south america

brazilnuts.txt

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

actually i find it outrageous you can be charged with both thing and conspiracy to do thing. seems like a way to double up the penalties for practically anything.
how do you feel about rubbing your stomach while patting your head

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

actually i find it outrageous you can be charged with both thing and conspiracy to do thing. seems like a way to double up the penalties for practically anything.
I think the sentences are concurrent when this happens

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Muscle Tracer posted:

conspiracy means a very specific thing in legal context, iirc it's mostly a way to charge crime bosses for what their associates do even if they don't do it themselves
you're thinking rico (racketeer influenced and corrupt organizations) which is specifically the acts involved in running a typical criminal organization, like a capo taking money for his underlings running an extortion ring. conspiracy's been a crime for a long time, as it's the act of getting other people involved in performing a specific crime and taking concrete steps towards it. there's murder, the act of killing someone, then there's attempted murder which is trying to kill someone, and conspiracy to murder, because you got your neighbor to help you by getting you a gun or something with him knowing it's to be used for murder. you're nailing the neighbor for aiding the murderer, and the murderer for enlisting help that advanced his criminal goal.

and that's my effort post of the day

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

kw0134 posted:

you're thinking rico (racketeer influenced and corrupt organizations) which is specifically the acts involved in running a typical criminal organization, like a capo taking money for his underlings running an extortion ring. conspiracy's been a crime for a long time, as it's the act of getting other people involved in performing a specific crime and taking concrete steps towards it. there's murder, the act of killing someone, then there's attempted murder which is trying to kill someone, and conspiracy to murder, because you got your neighbor to help you by getting you a gun or something with him knowing it's to be used for murder. you're nailing the neighbor for aiding the murderer, and the murderer for enlisting help that advanced his criminal goal.

and that's my effort post of the day

law posts [second] best posts [after electrical engineering posts]

[i miss three phase]

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
and he's back

with his awful avatar

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
can we please avoid trying to have actual arguments with the boring crazy person this time

mock him, fine, but don't actually try to point out the flaws in his arguments because he is a crazy person and it's like trying to staple jello to the wall

just jump straight to the derisive laughter because it's what you want to do in the first place, this isn't d&d

poik007
Aug 16, 2006
Thinks Mother 3 is the best game ever
yd&dpos

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

yods&pods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dDtOHH5ExY

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

OSI bean dip posted:

lol seraph84 is banned now

i wonder if he'll rereg

probably

prediction post:

FUKC YOU ALL. FREEDOM OF SPEACH. YOU MUTHERFUKCAS WILL NEVER HOLD ME DOWN

since he already unbanned himself i won't make a prediction about that

however, im sure the mod who probated him will get about 3-8 pms demanding an explanation to what exact rule he was banned for, how he broke it and why no-one else was banned

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Zom Aur posted:

however, im sure the mod who probated him will get about 3-8 pms demanding an explanation to what exact rule he was banned for, how he broke it and why no-one else was banned
he doesn't have platinum

boy it sure would be a shame if he bought platinum wouldn't it

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm kind of a green and tech oriented guy so I thought why not create a renewable energy marketplace but on the blockchain, since it's such an efficient tool. I bring the idea and you do the actual work.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

i hope so only so he can get banned again and again and again

becoming more and more complicit :10bux: at a time

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Ideas Man seeks Cofounder(s) who can actually work computers for a Blockchain/Renewable Energy Startup, because blockchains are famous for their conservative energy consumption.

Everything about that entire site just gave me cancer.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

quote:

Mining for comedy gold in the r/bitcoin corpus (self.Buttcoin)

submitted 16 hours ago by occasionallyrude

•It's possible to visualise in the dataset those glorious few months in early 2015 when Bruce "Bruce Fenton" Fenton tried to make "Bruce Fenton" happen. Unfortunately this was unsustainable and current levels of Bruce Fenton have crashed back to pre-bubble levels.

[–]bruce_fenton 4 points 9 hours ago

I was in an extremely serious car accident in early May -- hopefully as I recover I can provide something for Buttcoin to have a laugh at

[–]occasionallyrude[S] 2 points 9 hours ago

Ah, so the popping of the Bruce Fenton bubble was just a black swan event? Will Bruce Fenton return to beat his ATH?

Seriously I hope your fundamentals are strong and you get well soon

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

As a Millennial I posted:

there is no greater sin than Trying Hard.

death .cab for qt posted:

owning bitcoins
yeah but owning bitcoins requires trying hard because it's such a clusterfuck to deal with

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

OSI bean dip posted:

so please tell me: how do you buy things in the real world if you're trying to live fiat-free?
I don't live fiat-free. I never claimed to be a perfectly ethical person, or even an ethical one.

OSI bean dip posted:

also, you said that bitcoin would go back up to $1,000+ when it crashed--do you still believe that? if so, when? and why do you think it will be then?
Yes I do, but I learned my lesson about predicting exchange rate movements back in 2013. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the halving next year.

Seraph84 fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 12, 2015

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

divabot posted:

Ideas Man seeks Cofounder(s) who can actually work computers for a Blockchain/Renewable Energy Startup, because blockchains are famous for their conservative energy consumption.

Everything about that entire site just gave me cancer.
i want to point out a quote from that mass of wish-fulfillment:

a moron posted:

The co-founder also has amateur understanding of the developments within the Blockchain space. It is believed, that for efficiency and scalability, a prosumer platform could be built as a sidechain to one of the leading Blockchains (Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc.).
so pretty much, "i heard the bitcoin thing is gonna be big so let's do it for completely the wrong reasons because i dont understand it in any meaningful sense, like everything else about this 'opportunity'."

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

also, our favorite dumpster lawyer got his billion dollar lawsuit tossed for the same reason anyone with a functional brain and basic understanding of law would have said

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

kw0134 posted:

also, our favorite dumpster lawyer got his billion dollar lawsuit tossed for the same reason anyone with a functional brain and basic understanding of law would have said

he's going to accuse them of fascism/being scared of him/both

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

kw0134 posted:

also, our favorite dumpster lawyer
dratel?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

dratel belongs in a dumpster because his pre-trial motions were inexplicable in light of the actual defense he mounted, but he never actually ever claimed he learned his law from hornbooks thrown into a literal dumpster

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

indigi posted:

[–]occasionallyrude[S] 2 points 9 hours ago

Ah, so the popping of the Bruce Fenton bubble was just a black swan event? Will Bruce Fenton return to beat his ATH?

Seriously I hope your fundamentals are strong and you get well soon

reddit username delivers

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Heresiarch posted:

brazilnuts.txt

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Heresiarch posted:

deez_brazilnuts.txt

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Documators!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wINGfSWOz10

quote:

- I bought 32 of the miners at a 150 dollars a piece, so that's you know, 4, 5 thousand bucks.
- More than that bro
- I probably made a couple hundred bucks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

close this thread

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
this is the only good thread in yospos imo

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lovely

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

fifteen bucks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that correlation between Jew and Muslim is bizarre

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

yeah. there is no anti-semitism within bitcoin users. nobody is racist really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
a chart I can get into

• Locked thread