Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Your dog's safety is worth that pain in the rear end for them and for you. But cones of shame are not fully infalliable. Make sure it really blocks her off. We put one on KD in 2013 when she was healing up from Amy's grand treachery and she managed to wriggle it just right so she could pluck the staples out of herself.

I generally wouldn't trust a towel. VS likely has a notion of how tight to make it, but wrapping poo poo around your dog's neck if you aren't 100% sure what you're doing is likely to result in another vet bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Velvet Sparrow posted:

I was really skeptical and leery of the towel collar at first too, but I followed the instructions in the video (made sure I could get my fingers between the towel and Dusty's neck so she wouldn't strangle for instance, and asked my vet for his blessing on the thing) and watched her like a hawk--she was in the house anyway to heal and we were home 24/7--and we never had any problems with it. She ended up wearing it for several days, we'd take it off from time to time for short intervals to make sure it wasn't harming her and to let her move normally for a bit. But she could wear it safely and comfortably, especially at night. It really did work amazingly well!

'Grand treachery', heheh...

I don't doubt that you're able to do it. I'm saying we probably shouldn't encourage the lurkers who'll find this in eight years to do it because then there will be some hollerin PI thread goin "my dog's head exploded and it's all PI's fault!" and it'll link here and nobody will have archives.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Hey, look at it this way: if their dog's head explodes, they'll have a towel to clean it up with.

Hey look at it this way: if the dog dies lol funny jokes because you told someone to do something that is for farm level- medium kinda people and that lurker doesn't even know they should go to the vet because their dog has a limp.

I wouldn't tell you where to get off about chickens, but this is stupid as hell and dangerous to people who don't know what they're doing. You can tell them how tight to put it on as much as you want but without actually being able to show them properly in person, man, don't tell people to wrap poo poo around dog necks. Just use the e-collar. At least that poo poo breaks if the dog flails and is in danger.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 1, 2015

• Locked thread