Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'd like to watch The Flying Phantom Ship. It's a real good, real short anime from the 60s that packs the craziness of four or five films into it's hour running time. A young Hayao Miyazaki did the key animation for a pivotal sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In fact, instead of the 60s Simulwatch I had planned to do at some point, we could just have a 60s night where we watch The Flying Phantom Ship and The Little Prince and the Eight Headed Dragon, an anime that aesthetically influenced Samurai Jack and Wind Waker, and is a good watch in it's own right.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If we watch the Galaxy Express 999 movie, we should follow it up with the sequel, which is also pretty good.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Allarion posted:

I haven't actually seen Phoenix 2772 but I did read the manga. Well, Future anyways. Phoenix is basically Osamu Tezuka's lifework which he technically never finished, so it'd be cool to watch the anime movie based off it. It looks and sounds like a pretty interesting movie, which if you've ever read any of Phoenix, should probably be a trip.

Aren't there like four different movies, for each era? I think they have a really good staff behind them, I'd be interested.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think we should watch Kenya Boy, at some point. It's not a good movie by any means but it's really interesting and it's the kind of movie that makes you wonder why it was made.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Allarion posted:

Let's watch Final Fantasy instead! It'll be good silly fun. 8 year old me thought it was cool!

I wanted to rent this anime from the Blockbuster, but my parents wouldn't let me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What I'm saying is that I support your choice, 100%.

• Locked thread