Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Those all loving suck poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Those all loving suck poo poo!

i disagree

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Can't say I'm looking forward to any of these shows, but in the past couple seasons Tesagure and Seiyuu came out of nowhere and ended up being something I liked a lot, so the same thing could happen here.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Totally psyched for new Yuru Yuri

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I am probably going to watch Valkyrie Drive but not post about or make the thread for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also Yuru Yuri and Rabbit Coffee aren't lesbian shows, they're 'comedy yuri crush that goes nowhere shows'.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Also Yuru Yuri and Rabbit Coffee aren't lesbian shows, they're 'comedy yuri crush that goes nowhere shows'.

All shows are lesbian shows.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That doesn't make any sense.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you can delude yourself into thinking all the characters are lesbians, every show can be a lesbian show.

And it is, for me at least.

Ore Monogatari is one of the best lesbian manga ever released.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The courage required to live a lie.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Ah, yes, I get that reference.

I, too, watch Monogatari.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm glad.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

One Punch Man

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Oh wait, I missed that Subete ga F ni Naru (the Perfect Insider) is a full length novel adaptation. Those haven't let me down yet.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

wait a minute and a half in it is shown in yuru yuri that everyone is in middle school, and not like, halfway through and almost high school, as in, 'the main character forgot she wasn't in elementary school anymore'

namtab you are going to have a hell of a job convincing me to indeed go past the minute and a half mark

also what is the lesbian coffee show

Trust in my power

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Trust in my knowledge

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

Fangz posted:

Oh wait, I missed that Subete ga F ni Naru (the Perfect Insider) is a full length novel adaptation. Those haven't let me down yet.

And the character designs are from Inio Asano, which makes it by far my most hype thing of the season. I don't actually need to know anything about it, I will love it just for him.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Pringleton posted:

And the character designs are from Inio Asano, which makes it by far my most hype thing of the season. I don't actually need to know anything about it, I will love it just for him.

That's interesting also. I wonder how his designs will look in motion.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Pringleton posted:

I mean Inio Asano is great and all but his contributing character designs doesn't particularly make me hyped at all

Now if he was a writer on the other hand

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Charlotte, Rokka, Crowds, and the first ep of the new Gundam?

This coming Saturday is a good day.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Charlotte, Rokka, Crowds, and the first ep of the new Gundam?

This coming Saturday is a good day.

The new Gundam starts the fourth of October.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Definitely:

One Punch Man

Maybe:

The three project Itoh movies
Kagewani

Still watching:

Gangsta
Arslan
Lupin 2015

Relin fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 1, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
One Punch Man and nothing else looks good, I hear yuru yuri's great but never tried it and don't really care enough to

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As someone who generally likes SOL stuff I didn't really care for Yuru Yuri (or the rabbit show for that matter).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xihiVQwHftU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

quote:

Haikyuu!! 2

Hokuto no Ken: Ichigo Aji

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

Noragami Aragoto

One Punch Man

Owarimonogatari
Monogatari series thread

Namtab's top pick:
YuruYuri San☆Hai!

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

I mean Inio Asano is great and all but his contributing character designs doesn't particularly make me hyped at all

Well yeah, I mean, it's not like it's his show or anything. But to my knowledge he's never been involved in animation before, save for a couple commercials or something. So it's not even so much this series in particular as much as I'm just really excited about him getting into anime at all.

semi-related, but off thread topic: Did anybody like the live action adaptation of Solanin? I haven't seen anybody mention it in a long time, but I vaguely recall hearing it was pretty poorly received. But I thought, as far as adapting a manga that length to a film, it was as good an adaptation as you could hope for. And I've showed it to a number of friends that are kinda film-nerdy, and don't read manga and most thought it was a solid movie on it's own.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
New (?) trailer for Concrete Revolutio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSQfgI7pf4I

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

Oh series composition is going to be done by the guy who did/does Gatchaman Crowds and Tsuritama.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lupin
One Punch
Noragami

Das it. Maybe catch up on some stuff I missed in summer.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
As always, I'm fully prepared for the new notaminA show to be good but have no expectations.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

As always, I'm fully prepared for the new notaminA show to be good but have no expectations.

It's Subete ga F ni Naru, for people who don't want to bother to look it up.

Rampo Kitan: Game of Laplace is the noitaminA show from the current season by the way.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
As a person who only visits ADTRW VEGETA once every few months, thank you for continuing to do these seasonal write ups. That said, I would like to complain about the unbiased and neutral summaries in the OP. In the seasonal megathreads of years past, Zorak's reviews often contained interjections of disdain and loathing, making it easy for me to quickly know what shows to avoid. Please add quips in the OP about how stagnate the state of modern anime is, or at least bring back the idol/club/harem counter.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kuvo posted:

As a person who only visits ADTRW VEGETA once every few months, thank you for continuing to do these seasonal write ups. That said, I would like to complain about the unbiased and neutral summaries in the OP. In the seasonal megathreads of years past, Zorak's reviews often contained interjections of disdain and loathing, making it easy for me to quickly know what shows to avoid. Please add quips in the OP about how stagnate the state of modern anime is, or at least bring back the idol/club/harem counter.
Whatever shows you were considering watching this season are actually bad, hope this helps.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Avoid the shows that don't have

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Kuvo posted:

Have you considered avoiding posting?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Bad Seafood posted:

Whatever shows you were considering watching this season are actually bad, hope this helps.

onepunch-man noooo :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Madhouse is good but they were never gonna come close to reproducing Murata's art.

• Locked thread