Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Rinkles posted:

so this is gonna be broad, but please recommend me some 90s shows. i'm in the mood for traditional cel animation.

since i can't list everything relevant i've seen, here's the bigger stuff off the top of my head

evangelion
bebop
utena
outlaw star
sailor moon
trigun
nadesico
lain
captain harlock
banner of the stars

i just want to hear about shows you think are worth watching from that era

His and Her Circumstances
Marmalade Boy

Love me some 90s shojou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

BattleMaster posted:

My SO and I really enjoy comedy shows where the main character is some kind of terrible goblin who screams a lot and are often drawn as a chibi blob while they have their "clever" plans or reasoning backfire and they get exactly what they deserve while a straight man character or narrator heedlessly tells them that they are an idiot but things turn out alright and heartwarming in the end. Examples we have watched include Tearmoon Empire, The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!, 'Tis Time for "Torture," Princess, Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro, and Squid Girl.

I'm sure there are a lot of shows where elements of the above are true, but the key part of those examples is that only the main character is particularly zany for all or most of the runtime, and they get a lot of internal monologue or at least talks out loud to themselves a lot, putting their dumbass thoughts on display for all to see.

edit: For instance we've watched and enjoyed Kaguya-sama: Love is War which has a bunch of elements of that but none of the main characters quite have that "terrible goblin" thing going on.

Aho Girl. Shes more of a complete idiot goblin than clever though