Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

It also aired when every isekai was a happy dream fantasy so re;zero was the one outliner where the main character actually suffers.

I love it though and yes I am a rem waifu card carrier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Supremezero posted:

It has the major flaw of Subaru regularly being an enormous idiot in extremely obvious ways and leaving you, the viewer, to scream internally about how stupid he's being.

But some people find that a benefit or something iunno.

I think Subaru being a big idiot is the one of the more realistic things that some people like.

Like, sometimes I do wonder about the isekais where the MCs all have photographic memory and can construct farming equipment or make a gun because they took one college course or saw a youtube video from their past life.

Subaru constantly forgets things in the heat of the moment and has his emotions get the better of him.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

oh yea, even if its not your favorite cup of isekai, gonna give props to Subaru's VA, he really brings out the crazy when he needs to

i wish they would animate the re;zero IF 'what if...' stuff, where Subaru runs away or gives in during on the series' many turning points and what would have happened

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

That is one of my favourite moments and episodes in the show. The music that plays over it while the snow slowly accumulates is just so well done.

I feel like Ive never actually asked this before but can you guys recommend me some anime from the late 80s and early 90s? Genre doesnt matter in this case. DBZ might be the only anime I have ever watched from that time period and I feel like Ive seen enough modern shows that it might be nice to watch some of the stuff that inspired it.

I throw in Dirty Pair (1985) and Slayers (1995) into the hat

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

YES bread posted:

all the scenes where Subaru gets brutally or swiftly executed are good. I also like the parts where he cries

those goddamn rabbits...

re;zero rabbit scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYEIEu78uLM

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

and then tenchi in tokyo came and just got totally lost

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

started reading Neru, i know it got canned, man the start seemed really cool.

at least i know i can 'finish' it in one sitting

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

watched the 2013 and thought it was pretty neat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Bio-meat was an enjoyable short survival horror manga. Imagine The Blob in manga form.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the 1985 Vampire Hunter D movie was great
But I thought the Bloodlust one was garbage in comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Re;Zero works because of Subaru’s flaws and makes mistakes and sometimes the same ones repeatedly which is a lot more realistic imo.
Also because of Rem