Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Submissions are now open.

Namtab posted:

Where are the baps tags

Here's my base if anyone wants to try their hand at it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm going to post my ideas as I make them, and edit my submission post accordingly.

Try reversing the gif immediately afterwards so it's a smooth transition in and out.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm definitely going to think up a way to make this look cool by Friday, yeah...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Droyer posted:

this is a real good idea

I thank you friend.

The text legibility is probably the main issue, but even besides that it's still pretty plain at the moment.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

StandardVC10 posted:

I feel like the text needs to scale a little to fill the right and bottom of the tag a bit more.

Okay, I bumped the font size up one notch higher and turned off anti-aliasing. How's this?

It's a bit tricky to get the bottom, since the | character hangs lower than the other letters.

I might just go with another font entirely in the end.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 7, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

Why is it on a black backgorund? It's a simulwatch, so maybe like, text over a clockface? I don't know how easy that would be to get across in such a small space tho

It's mimicking text on a terminal as its theme. It's pretty much a placeholder at this point though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
v3:

I fiddled with cutting off the hanging bottom for the | and shifted its position at the beginning at end so it was more symmetrical. I also added in a bit of a border.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gimp is probably the most popular free photo editing software. It's what I use.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Strange Quark, please post the finalized versions of your tags.

Yeah, I'm still playing around with ideas.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Guess I'm not going to come up with anything exciting in the next four hours. I made some minor tweaks to the last version I made, so this is what I'm submitting for real.

e: ugh, Gimp hosed up. Give me a sec.

e2: Here we go.

I don't really know why the text looks like it's at 1.5x scaled resolution (it definitely looks sharper in Gimp), but eh.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

Looks fine here. Have you checked your browser's zoom setting?

It's at the standard zoom, yeah. It's weird, but if it's fine for everyone else, then I guess it's a non-issue.

• Locked thread