Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I still think Licenseless Rider is the better translation.

AnonSpore posted:

The afro wig in the background of Dr. Kuseno's lab :allears:

Not a wig, that's Genos' hair from after he got trashed by Asura Rhino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Does Hulu not have the eyecatches? I don't think I've seen any.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TheKingofSprings posted:

Read the manga version.

Then read ONE's manga version.

Then watch the anime.

Disagree.

Read One's version.

Then read Murata's print version.

Then read Murata's online version.

Then read Murata's online version redraws.

Then watch all the gifs of Murata's version.

Then watch the Anime.

Then check your Murata tankobons for signs that he's snuck into your house and redrawn them.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TheKingofSprings posted:

It'll sell figures and other assorted merch which will increase the likelihood of a second season

Yeah, you got to get in on the boob mouse pad merch early if you want to make any real money.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'd think this thread of all places would understand the difference between a robot and a cyborg.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like that the show has successfully established goofy Saitama to the point where finishing the episode with a serious Saitama is enough of a tune in next time moment.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Way to ruin this.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Terper posted:

Some of you are absolutely insane :psyduck: The animation at the start was absolutely fantastic.

They're comparing it to the continuously improved perfection of the Muratra version. A couple of chapters ago he included literal animation in an update for the webcomic version because gently caress it. Which he almost always redraws for the print version.

Like I think he got bored on day so he did this as practice or something:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AnonSpore posted:

lmao I just noticed he apparently has a firearms license as well. All the licenses.

00Rider?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jagchosis posted:

But anyway I hope they don't start adapting after Murata has redrawn enough material for it. They could probably go by One's comic and commissioning Murata to do character designs for creatures that haven't been shown yet. Idk if it would be as good but how the anime is going in general and the scenes I understand to not be adapted from manga I feel like the directors probably have a similarly keen eye for framing as Murata does.

Conversely, I'd like them to continue adapting the Murata redraw and include all the side chapters he's added. Most of them would make for a good episode or so. Maybe adapt some of the follow up cannon and side chapters as season 2, allowing season 3 to be the main arc that the redraw is currently in the middle of.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RareAcumen posted:

Ah right, Knov's infiltration part. I honestly couldn't remember any part of it being too slow so I was completely at a loss for what part exactly it was that you all were talking about. I have low standards so I wasn't too bothered. What irked me more was- Bad opinion time- the jump from Greed Island to Chimera Ants where Gon and Killua weren't exactly shown as powered up bad asses. I would've liked a bit of filler like how they zoomed through like those two hundred fights in Heavens Arena.

All of Greed Island was them powering up. They started off as a little above bare minimum and by the end were the strongest ones on the island playing the game.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Lmao whenever a someone talking about OPM says, "When are we going to find out the REAL reason Saitama is so strong?"

Look, read the story of Sampson. Then realize that Japan is on the other side of the Earth from the Levant, so of course it's opposite. Like how when it's winter in the real world it's summer in Australia. So of course being bald has made him immeasurably strong, because he's also ritualistically impure by Jewish standards and is eats vinegar.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Well, according to that quoted arrow Hisoka is now a good girl in shonen. An interesting statement.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

My favorite loving thing, along with the second verse of the OP playing, these audio cues have been established to be hype moments for heroes to give it their all and win, for intensity and stuff of heroics and they're playing for Boros, you assume at first this is finally Saitama's greatest clash, the loving anime scene where the OP plays as the heroes finally stand toe-to-toe with the main villain, but Saitama is bored out of his skull after the OP fades, this is a nothing moment but for the viewers and Boros it's the strongest loving thing and it's radical.

My favorite moment in the whole manga is "You're lying... you're way too strong." and the music managed to elevate it further, the greatest moment in Boros' life, his greatest fight... and Saitama can still feel nothing for fighting.

Yeah, for a second I was wondering why the theme was playing when Saitama wasn't even doing anything, and then I realized it was for Boros. It fits well with his design and color, it's just too bad he finally ran into something that he couldn't beat in one punch.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_ posted:

Because Shueisha's the one footing the bill for the anime, and since the anime is basically an advertisement for the manga, they're not going to compete with themselves by outpacing their own version.

Like, I know you think it makes business sense to get it out as fast as possible, but with how the industry works, it's actually the opposite of a good idea.

There's also the fact that Shueisha probably doesn't have any rights to ONE's version. They own the redraw.

Between the side chapters and the smaller arcs there's probably enough for a 2nd season already. It just won't necessarily have the same pace and arc that this season had.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TheKingofSprings posted:

This would actually be a really interesting thing because Saitama would have to beat Sweet Mask without using his fists

Ah, so a chop or maybe a kick. Good call, though, personally, I'm kind of hoping for a nice suplex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I like how Mumen Rider has the most epic music ever in his introduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFnBSt-NZtg

What other music would you use for the greatest hero of justice ever?

• Locked thread