Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I visited my parents last week and got some pictures of Tigger, who is indeed an orange cat and The Best Cat:

He met me halfway to my parking spot and immediately flopped-n-wriggled like he usually does in springtime. Yes, I did give him rubs.

rubsies

Surveying his domain the next day, less than impressed with the rain.

Also, in the morning, I was walking past the entry hall and heard a funny noise..

Some questions, I find, are best left unasked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Ty is literally the chillest, friendliest, most social ham of a cat I've ever met. Most cattes just disappear when strangers come by, but Ty? You visit my folks and he'll actively come up to see who the New People are. Give him half the chance and he'll clamber into your lap for rubs. Loves kids and will let 'em tote him around as long as they're not too rough.

He's also huge. Not fat, just.. take your average housecat and scale him up about 60%. He frequently wins 'fights' with our other housecat, Leo, by just sitting on the little bastard.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I'll try and get some the next time I visit my folks!

Also, yay. My parents got a dog last year and Ty the poor fella got so stressed, he licked off all the fur on his belly. It's finally grown back!

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Base Emitter posted:

Its like a little brush for their fur.

Sun Dog posted:

THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK.

It's also what they use for things like pulling off fur/feathers from whatever they hunt, and literally rasping meat off the bones of their kill. Cattes are surprisingly :black101:.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Bit of a blast from the past but I happened to find this in my archives. Last year, during the holidays, I got a bad, bad cold - I spent most of the week recuperating at my parents' place. Ty pretty much spent all week like that with me - it was super adorable at the time, though I'm pretty sure his reasoning was less 'poor human is sick, must cuddle' and more 'so hey you're warmer than usual and not going to be moving around much in the near future, right? Don't mind if I loving do.'

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Kit-kit and Oscar are both beautiful kitties and deserve many rubs, indeed :3:

Poor Ty is pushing sixteen, too. He's not moving around as much as he used to and needs a chair to climb up to his food bowl, now (we keep them on a kitchen counter to keep the dog from getting to it). Still as much of a cuddlebug of fuzzy purry love as he ever was, though.

That cat has been a part of my life for literally half of my life. The Best Cat.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I'm going to apologize beforehand.

This is Ty, begging for rubs (that he got!).

Last week, he passed away in my mother's arms at the ripe age of sixteen.

He was just a plain regular housecat that we got from a loving family as a kitten. They had an enormous fluffy dog that the kittens were using as a playground. When we kneeled next to him to say hello, a little ball of orange fluff stumbled our way to say hello, climbed up to my lap, and promptly fell asleep. We took him home the same day. Over the years, that tiny little kitten grew into an enormous orange tabby we named after Tigger from Winnie the Pooh.

He was the sweetest, friendliest, most social cat that ever catted. I don't ever remember him using his claws with us, even in play. When we had guests over, he'd come up to say hello and get some rubs. He especially loved children. There's a sweet old Dutch couple who rent a cabin near my parents' house and they told us that when they were in, Ty would turn up at their doorstep in the mornings and yell at them until he got expensive Dutch cheese and sausage. He'd then spend the day napping in their lawnchair. When I moved out, I wanted to take him with me, but he'd spent all his life as a free-roaming catte at my parents' property and it didn't feel fair to force him to live in a tiny student apartment. Whenever I visited, he'd crawl into my lap and make himself comfortable. He loved to climb into my father's lap, then reach up and tug his beard.

A few years ago, I got super sick over the holidays, a really nasty flu. I spent the weekend feverish and bedridden and Ty spent most of the same weekend curled around my arm like that.

He gave us sixteen years of purrs, cuddles, unconditional affection and laughter. I like to think we gave him a good comfortable life.

I'm a big dumb nerd in my thirties and I'm tearing up like a child when I think of him.

Please cuddle your furbeasts for Ty's sake. I'm going to miss him terribly.

I'll see you at the clearing at the end of the path, big guy.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
He's adorable :3:

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

skaboomizzy posted:

Thank you for sharing Tater.

He owns a lot and will likely be 80% wonderful companion and 20% pain in the rear end to you as long as he lives.

Eventually he will find the most inconvenient time to snuggle with you and you will be powerless to resist.

This is the Way Of The Orange Dudecat.

My Ty was one of those cats who couldn't sleep with you, he slept on you. I tend to sleep on my side and I'd always end up with a purring cat perched on my shoulder or hip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
You gave him a good comfortable last two months, with all the love and affection and care he could've wanted. When his pain grew too much to bear, you took it away and let him go in peace.

I'm sure if he could, he'd be thanking you.