Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Orange cat the first. My old roommate named him Clarence. He was wrong about this, but the name stuck. Great cat though, very much a loner. Found in the back forty of an old farmhouse I lived in, took months to coax inside. Not much miaow, but kind of a plurrrp noise when he was happy. He lived on the landing halfway down the basement stairs most of the time.

Orange and white cat, eventually named Simba. Showed up at an old converted schoolhouse I rented in the middle of nowhere. Took seconds to coax inside. Softest miaow ever, almost never used it. He might have been at least part Norwegian Forest Cat or Maine Coon. He had all kinds of fur between his toes. But he lived in front of the space heater whenever it was on, and was always in whatever room I was in.

Clarence and Simba's Tundra Adventure:

Never Mind, gently caress Adventure: (note by the tracks in the snow how far they got)

Sadly, they are both gone. They were best cats and are still missed.

My first ever short-haired cat. Also the first upside-down one. Bruce was left behind by some people who apparently gave him drugs, and slammed his tail in the door as they moved out. Presumably the tail bit was accidental, at least. Those people sucked, some friends rescued him, couldn't keep him, and now he lives with me. He's kind of weird and only has two settings: quiet and screamy. No miaow. Very sociable, though, and if not napping, wants to be around people.

Sometimes, Bruce is in the sink. I think this is because he's a very muscular cat who runs hot, and likes cool surfaces to lie on.

Orange cats loving rule:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

They're being orange cats. If that's not exciting enough, you're in the wrong thread, or on the wrong planet.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Retro Access posted:

The other one is a friendly dumbarse who adopted me on the street by following me everywhere when I was going through a really lovely time in life, and I owe my survival to him effectively.

He looks a lot like the big friendly patient orange and white cat that did similar for me.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Majestic beast. I was going to adopt an orange longhaired cat and considered calling him Selassie, which if you listen to enough reggae is more or less like naming him after a lion. Sadly, someone else beat me to him.

Give him a fitting name and buy him a catnip sceptre.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

This picture in particular confirms that this is in fact A Best Cat.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Paws in the food bowl like a barbarian! Be healthy, little orange kitten.

Looks like an Oskar to me.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

my cat is norris posted:

Sorry to be posting so much, but I'm just astounded at how much she's changed in only one week --

It's rough looking at videos of orange fluffball and ridiculously photogenic grey and white cat, but we'll manage.

Also, that picotum. Just look at that tum.

Gorgar fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 18, 2016

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Thanks! Bruce has turned out to be a really fantastic cat too. I don't understand how anyone could have left him behind. Rereading that, I had to go call him, then follow him to his special dish and pet him while he ate (his favorite thing these days).

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

sensy v2.0 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm5ENWov6vQ

necessary video of my cat and her favorite cactus

Who's a nice orange kitty girl? She is, yes she is!

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

ewe2 posted:

He gets sardines every day, starts meowing for them 2hrs in advance :D

This is excellent and proper treatment of an orange cat.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

cat_herder posted:

CommanderApaul you're a super good person, and thank you for taking care of that lovely gent in the last weeks of his life. He's gonna die happy and loved and that's the best anyone can hope for.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Cat, while gorgeous, not very orange. More pictures required to add up to proper orangeness levels.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

That was a very lucky cat. Thanks for being so kind to him. Sounds like he appreciated it.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

That's harsh. He's a handsome cat.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Good kitty.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Aww, a good cat.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Chococat posted:

The one in the back is a torbie so she counts too.

Loki heard this and demands to be admired now.

(she is actually a very sweet cat who still acts like a kitten and loves everybody but the new cat from the back yard, whom she hisses at)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Wake looks grumpy but I’ll take your word for it. My orange cat (posted way back) often looks cranky when he isn’t.