Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

AP posted:

This guy seem like a terrible individual, a real bad poster and his extended family are likely bad too.

I know that some terrible brown sea poster is reading this right now so this post is for you, brave knight:

I just want you to know that it would make my day if you took a screenshot of AP's post here and posted it in a thread so we can in turn take another screen shot of it and so fourth.

Go on buddy I know you're probably super angry about people making fun of your theoretical space game but take a minute out to have a sense of humour and lets run this meta screenshot thing into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Dusty Lens posted:

Five compartments are flooded. Some people are getting life jackets. Everyone else is talking about how amazing New York is going to be.

The dinner menu looks amazing.

Some people have criticised the dinner menu for being mostly jpegs of meals that they have yet to work out what the ingredients are yet.

These people have been forcibly silenced.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Karl_Ramseier posted:

http://www.compensationforce.com/2015/03/2014-turnover-rates-by-industry.html

roughly 15 % for the whole industry on a yearly basis.

http://www.thehrdirector.com/business-news/hr_in_business/staff-turnover-and-attrition-fall-salaries-up-in-games-industry/

Computer game industry.

Go figure yourself, I would be impressed if you can up with a rough estimate what would be normal for CIG's employment turnover. Keep in mind CIG was a start up and they pay less than average.
And don't forget we are at least 4 years in production according to our mighty internet warlord.

Turnover is extremely varied during production cycles in video games. You get very large fluctuation in staff numbers at the beginning and end of projects as people get mass hired and laid off as they are no longer required.

What you don't usually see is a gradual and constant bleeding of top level employees such as producers, executives and other senior staff throughout the project. These people are generally there from the start and may move on as the project nears the end.

Taking on new senior staff in the middle of a project is going to be a major burden no matter how you cut it.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Eonwe posted:

so lol, is there really some weird people within this cult mass reporting imgur photos to get them auto removed? ahahahahah

Wtf are they reporting? The refund gif?? What possible reason would they have to do that?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Berious posted:

They really love jpegs so they're hitting us where they think it'd hurt the most

If they take Gary away through :argh:

This is really a war between the mighty GIF and the insidious JPEG.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Go fix your front page posts guys, GIFs will reign supreme once more:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

If I post it from my account, they will have it removed. They've had three of these removed already.

There's some serious loving delusional behaviour going on here with people reporting these images. I can't wrap my head around what on earth they're trying to do.... I imagine them plastering tinfoil over their windows while blabbering about how if only they can remove all the parody GIFs from the internet then their spaceship game will become real.

Some genuine mental illness going on somewhere here.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

LGD posted:

I like this metaphor but what the gently caress kind of taco truck are you going to that they'd use a microwave for anything?!?! please seek out better taco options tia

I paid 90 million dollars for this taco truck and the concept art looks fabulous I'll have you know.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Can we start using images uploaded by redditors in our threads so they end up doing take down requests on their own stuff? That'd be pretty nice.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

HAH YOU CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE THEY BEAT YOU TO IT

no seriously, this is the all-time top posts of r/starcitizen

Now that's some funny poo poo right there. Someone out there is trying to eradicate SC from imgur, good for them.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

janssendalt posted:

The PU will be playable in 2016, and you're all gonna cry.

"Playable". Yeah. I heard there's a playable dogfighting module too.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Vire posted:

Pretty much someone used it on all the images in this thread not realising most of it was their own images. We know it was them who did it because they took down cooking images in this thread that had nothing to do with star citizen as well.

This is the greatest thing.

I don't know a lot about reddit, but can they go back and retroactively fix a "top" reddit post that's now pointing at a removed image? 'Cause if not and this has rendered their "top" page useless for the foreseeable future while we're able to just go in and fix our posts here.... holy poo poo that backfire is so loving funny I don't even know what to say.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

AP posted:

4chan seems to be teamed up with reddit in defending the BDSSE.

To be fair this image is cropped in such a way that it gives a rather misleading impression:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

A pretty balanced and extensive RPS article on the whole Star Citizen mess: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/27/star-citizen-101-what-is-it-and-why-is-it-controversial/

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

I still don't understand the current sperg theory that we are trying to destroy the game and don't want it to come out. Of course we want it to come out. If loving with these nitwits is this fun on the internet imagine how much fun it will be in an actual game.

The same guys angry that we're losing interest in the game are the very same who were really upset that goons were planning on playing the game. Mental illness is the front running explanation for most of these things.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

Dunno, some of the Christ-Roberts-suceptible types seem to have accepted him as a new lord and saviour.

Yeah, go on Derek! Smack that crippled kid! Ruin his life hahaha kidding honest

I dunno wtf is going on with everyone talking about a crippled kid but if you go online and say "I'm going to ruin your career!!" and get called out on it, I don't think you get to say "oh but I'm in a wheelchair so I get a free pass right?". Discriminating against someone because of their disability is generally considered a bad thing, and that poo poo cuts both ways. Not that I have any idea what this individual did, but their physical abilities shouldn't make any difference when it comes to being held accountable for poo poo you say.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

If Hitler was in a wheelchair we'd all be speaking German.

Ok guys I did it, the conversation has reached peak dumb we can all talk about something else.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Next livestream DS does he should do it from a wheelchair so these guys tear themselves in half trying to work out who to hate.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I imagine the guy in question isn't a fan of everyone saying "oh poo poo he's disabled we'd better get the kid gloves out and treat him like a delicate flower!" either tbh.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Regardless of whether or not this kid is a kid or whatever, it seems pretty clear that Derek needs to calm his litigation boner before he points it in an even stupider direction.

There's a mental image for you fuckers. Enjoy.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

So wait Derek is just threatening to tell a 19 year old's parents that he's being an rear end in a top hat about a video game?

Are you kidding me - this is what all this drama is about?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Agrajag posted:

yes but dont you understand he is a~~~trigger warning~~~CHILD

In an internet argument about video games, we're all children.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Eonwe posted:

im probably not going to even jump in on any of this IRL lookup drama because nothing good is going to come out of it and its going to keep happening and idiots on reddit are going to keep self-owning and harassing someone with the actual means and inclination to punish them for it

ill just make fun of star citizen drama when it happens i guess

Post some pictures of cats cooking food or something this threads gone to poo poo since you were last spamming the place up.

*edit* I'm serious this thread is dumb as hell at the moment we need more cats and food please send help.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 28, 2015

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Maldoror posted:

HE'S IN A WHEELCHAIR YOU GOD DAMNED SON OF A BITCH

I imagine this won't be news to his parents

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Coke machine is CR's wrestling name

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

kordansk posted:

poo poo....

Precisely.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Wafflz posted:

I would like derek to say "you're battlecruisin for a brusin" before he takes down his next reddit mod.

I wonder if derek would let us write his next blog post for him. I think it would be a pretty good one.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

If this isn't a 21 minute airhorn sample then I seriously question its accuracy.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Games > Star Citizen: Derek Smart is going to tell on you

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

i havent read this thread today, could somebody explain the wheelchair dude tia

Derek smart is going to tell a 19 year old's dad that he was mean to him on the internet about a video game. The 19 year old is in a wheel chair.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 28, 2015

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah we struck comedy gold alright.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

fuctifino posted:

Derek, he wants to fight you in the playground and slap your face.

All the most balanced commentary about SC is always screamed by a blading man from in front of a giant star citizen logo.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MVP posted:

this thread is hell in a wheelchair

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

What the everloving gently caress is that?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Derek Smart, PhD.

Chris Roberts, JPG.

They're both imaginary too.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

As in "F'you, you call that squeezing money out of nerds? I just sold some retard a $2500 space ship that doesn't even exist!! Suck on that, publishers. You wish you had balls this big"

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

I'm coming for you. Pucker up.

That litigation boner is getting more and more pronounced with every post.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Have all the images in the OP been reported and taken down again because if so that's super dumb and we should get someone to host them on a private host or something.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

0/10 - He's not writing "that's him in the wheelchair"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Mocking these Gary Oldman mocaps is childish a- :gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

• Locked thread