Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 8, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This sounds hilarious. What kind of beer would it be?

It would be a Swedish Brew from the region of Upssalla with a 'smooth' body and 'Pale' finish. Also very weak in Alcohol content so Americans can enjoy it without collapsing in a tearful heap of soiled under wear ..after two bottles.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

The Saddest Robot posted:

I'm listening to this on my monitor's lovely built in speakers and Chris Roberts sounds just like Lumpy Space Princess.

It's kind of amazing.

He sounds like Cleveland. Love the way he slips into that lovely, up at the end , mid Atlantic twang when he's really bullshitting

EightAce
May 10, 2015

The simple reality of Star Citizen

The Jpegs that were made last year and the year before now have to be fully realized as actual, functional game assets. To do this more Jpegs need to be created to bring in more money to pay for it. The initial funding has very obviously been spent on ridiculous luxury items and offices , an outright insulting attempt to get back into the hollywood film industry and preposterous Mocap shoots. I don't think that accountability entered anyone's head
I do not believe that Chris is involved with the Swedish mafia I do not believe he set out to scam anyone, although now they are probably pulling some dubious financial maneuvers to avoid the punters finding out just how little cash they have left . The simple facts are : he hasn't made a game for 12 years and even the 'games' he did work on there is some debate over his actual involvement in them. The 'High concept' rock star mentality that infested the industry back in the 90's is alive and well in mr Roberts. However , at every turn he has shown his total lack of understanding with regards tech, networking, the game code, the engine, the assets creation process etc. The simplest but truest comment I have heard about this fiasco is ' Keeping Chris happy is far more important than actually making anything functional or deliverable' this from an ex dev There you have it;

for fans of British 80's TV

Goons and horses

Stick a pony in me pocket
I'll fetch some .JPEG's from the van
Cause if you want the best 'uns
And you don't ask questions
Then brother I'm your man

Where they all comes from
Is a mystery
It's like the changing of the seasons
And the tides of the sea
But heres the one thats driving me berserk
Why do only goons and horses work
La la lala - la la la la la (etc)

We've got some half priced gladius
And lots of pics of idrises
Tshirts, travel mugs, CIG butt plugs
Mocap,man tits and hours and hours of bullshit
And at a push
Some Derek Smart Law-suites
From a mush in Shepherds Bush, Bush, Bush,
Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush

No income tax, no VAT
No money back, no guarantee
Black or white, rich or broke
We'll cut prices at a stroke

God bless CIG
Viva CIG
Long live CIG
C'est magnifique CIG

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Apr 8, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Apr 8, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Are you actually a nonce then? has that been proven beyond doubt ? I mean you seem to act and talk and behave like a Kiddie fiddler but that just could be an act right??

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce posted:

Are you actually a nonce then? has that been proven beyond doubt ? I mean you seem to act and talk and behave like a Kiddie fiddler but that just could be an act right??

This is for Seraph namefag by the way

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 8, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 8, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Namefag Edgelord posted:

Brit. You're probably not even a master-race London Brit, but some 3rd or 4th class hideous subspecies. Why are Brits the fugliest people on Earth, anyway? Was it all the in-breeding, or just the decades of bad dental?

I may or may not be British but you are most definitely a Nonce, or 'Cholo' if it makes you feel better

EightAce
May 10, 2015

That's right by critisizing the UK the fact you are a kiddie fiddler fades into irrelevance. You are an oxygen thief and about as funny as a burning orphanage. To repeat, jog on you loving, nonce, cholo,beast, stowt the baw, monster

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Namefag Edgelord posted:

Oh man this is going to be so :perfect: some day if/when you find out what I do for a living. This is like some kind of weird "pre-selfown" happening here.

I think I can guess. You clip on your ankle bracelet call your parole officer then go round the neighbourhood knocking on doors and introducing yourself as a kid fiddler, like Jesus in 'The big lebowski '.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Namefag Edgelord posted:

Closet-fascists love to fantasize about people they don't like getting mauled by USA's Injustice System. If you wish state violence upon anyone in any form, it's a sure sign that you're an rear end in a top hat.

You're one step removed from those punkass kids who SWAT people, and you should probably kill yourself.

Touched a nerve did I :)

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Namefag Edgelord posted:

Better watch out Britfag, there's some Syrians coming your way who'd like to touch more than a nerve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44vzMNG2fZc

'Nobody fucks with da Jesus '

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 8, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 8, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Karl_Ramseier posted:

SC is a triple AAA production and you just repeated and confirmed what he said, dumbass.

Karl : Hope you don't mind but :-
- Are you a Game dev ?
- Do you know anyone that is developing this 'game' ?
- How much have you invested in the aforementioned product. ?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Karl .............

In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion or the highest ratings by a consensus of professional reviewers. A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game or to be among the year's bestsellers. For a title to remain AAA post-launch, it must be either commercially or critically successful

Apart from the mystery finances this 'game' does not fit the criteria

To quote one of your fellow cultists from the RSI forum:

'AAA does not mean a huge budget.

EA/Ubisoft haven't produced a real triple A game in years. AAA games are supposed to be innovative, be critically successful and a financial success. Very few of games that we call triple A these days are truly triple A, the term has been corrupted to mean 'a huge marketing budget'. '

This is about right; innovative,critically successful and a financial success:

Lets break that down

Innovative: Nope
Critically successful: Outside of a few hundred thousand social misfits ... nope
Financial success: .... well yes for someone clearly !

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Concierge pop up events WTF!

So Sandi, Karl, THE WULGE and Ben standing around a buffet ............
awkward

EightAce
May 10, 2015

DarkRefreshment posted:

Wait wait. Ben's wife works there too? Is the nepotism that rampant? How much more double, triple and quadruple dipping can we have?

With double and triple dipping are taking straight nepotism or Ben's use of the on site 'melted butter' fountain.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Anyone got a clip of the fat fucker with that faggy little sailor hat on ? where he looked like mr Stay Puft

EightAce
May 10, 2015

G0RF posted:

The toilet is right under the shower.

It's really convenient and futuristic, and since there's no toilet paper in there (and it would get wet and gross anyway), you can just stand on your hands and use the shower-head as a bidet after you do your business.

Dunno man, something not quite right about that toilet at all ?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 8, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Broke his wrists

You really don't think he hasnt left for ' personal reasons ' like the rest of the key personnel

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Omi-Polari posted:

I'm still waiting on a surge in new Glassdoor reviews. Come on, Austin.

Never happen. There is a massive difference between a load of vacuous , pointless hr/pr bods leaving and bitching and proper dev staff .... Who have to work in. Very niche , competative industry

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 8, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Skellybones posted:

E: D actually looks pretty cool, it's nice to know there are space games being made that actually exist and are playable.

2 things CRoberts was right about, there is a market for pc space combat Sims , and he can attract some talent

EightAce
May 10, 2015

neonbregna posted:

A ship that is better in every way then other ships in its class. Hopefully limited amount of capital ships that are better then javelins for 5000 bucks a piece.

A load of Jpegs. Why change an incredibly successful business model?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I've noticed Wing Commander on Netflix, should I watch it for a laugh or will it be like the time I watched Superman 4 and the joke was on me?

Watch it ............
That film tells you all you need to know about Mr Roberts and his 'Vision'

EightAce
May 10, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

That movie suffered from a conspicuous lack of Gary Oldman and Sandi Gardiner, no wonder it bombed.

But far too much Mathew Lillard and Freddie Prinze Jr who went on to make the Oscar winning Scooby doo films.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Nation posted:

its a really really bad movie

As I said it tells you all you need to know about Chris and his vision. Even as much a the Space ship physics actually behaves like WWII fighters forgetting that they are actually in space. Lillard is 'Pull your eyes out' unbearable and I have seen better baddies in Dr Who than the Kilrathi.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Loiosh posted:

Too early for that. I imagine they'd want to have a concept for a large ship ($$$$) instead of another fighter ($$$).

Why are people even speculating ? its just another load of fecking JPEGS.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 7, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 8, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

EightAce fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 7, 2016

EightAce
May 10, 2015

AP posted:

He relocated twice, the first time to Austin you could assume he didn't know poo poo was hosed up and given his complete inexperience actually thought all the bollocks that they were spouting was possible. By the time of the LA move he'd have known what he was getting into, especially if the rumours of the Sandi/Wingman drama are true.

Since then he's been hard selling jpg's and making nearly as much fiction up as the entire writing team, I seem to remember he commented once that he saw part of his job role to project an entirely positive view of what's going on. He's willingly made himself Minister of propaganda, moved his wife across the country and tied both incomes to Star Citizen. He often labels anyone critical of the project a troll, if he didn't work there he'd be another Karl.

The only redeeming quality I see is that he does seem to get upset when friends get fired leave while Disco Lando doesn't at all. He's probably worried Lando is after his job/office, he is.

Just out of interest. Who the gently caress is that Disco Lando guy? what does he do and why is he called Disco Lando. He looks like hes on Meth a lot of the time and used to live in a dumpster. I only really know some of the dev staff involved in this .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightAce
May 10, 2015

AP posted:

The first show they did was called Wingman's hangar and it had terrible fan videos submitted. Disco Lando used to submit videos and they were better than the terrible average. He's had 35 jobs or something according to him, I think he joined in February but it was a secret or something for some unknown reason.

I notice he appeared in the office for a visit on an episode of reverse the verse in August 2014, so it looks like he was trying to get employed for a good two years. They gave him his own terrible cig show, The Wonderful World of Star Citizen, which was awful, he appears to love attention and to be more interested in making videos than a game. So I'd guess he probably gets on extremely well with whoever hired him.

If :lesnick: leaves he'll be moving stuff into his office before :lesnick: makes it out the front door.

So Hes about as qualified as the rest of these chumps to actually make a game

• Locked thread