Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm kinda sad we got :gary: too late to see it stenciled on someone's pumpkin.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

grimcreaper posted:

Coca-Cola owns Dr. Pepper. These 2 sodas are the greatest sodas that have ever existed.

They also brought back Surge!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I'm just a filthy console gamer, but I think most pre-release sales come within two months of the release date. Like, nobody at GameStop asked if I wanted to pre-order Fallout 4 last January.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I didn't buy spaceship .jpgs, but I have a cat. I adopted him in July.

Here is Oscar ready to dart to the window and stare something to death:

And here he is the other 18 hours of the day:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Why would the guy who aches to be a big player in Hollywood build a mocap studio in LA?

Why indeed?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I am just going to go out on a limb here and speculate that any money they make from the mocap studio will not be going into the game. Why should it? They already have enough money to finish the game, after all!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

If I could look one year into the future, the two things I'd look at first are lottery numbers and the Star Citizen thread.

I can't imagine how the brown sea will still be excited and waiting for the game that's "content complete" and coming any day now, but I know they will be.

Unless our hero burns it all down first.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Blackmjolnir posted:

Why do you need an entire loving mocap studio for a spaceship game. I do not understand. How can SC backer be so monumentally stupid

Not A mocap studio. FOUR of them.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

If we do our own metal cards, they should say "this didn't cost me $1,000".

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Mirificus posted:

Getting your money's worth through theorycrafting? :confused:

When I drop $4 on Powerball tickets I get at least that much fun out of daydreaming about how I'd spend the jackpot. I bet I could have $15,000 worth of fun daydreaming about the One True Game To End All Games, so I'm off to order the Completionist package! I should have plenty of time forever to think about the game before it comes out!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Paladinus posted:

What's the point in adding so many emotes, when autists won't be able to tell angry_1 from sad_3?

You'll need very nuanced emotes to describe your feelings about space pirates boarding your ship and raping you.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I feel like the lighting in that picture just kinda sucks, and it probably looks way better in real life than it does in that. I'd probably try it, but I wish someone would do something with slaw that isn't "slather it in mayo or salad dressing and call it a day"

Primanti's slaw is pretty much just shredded cabbage with some vinegar. It's not that confetti drenched in mayo like KFC or other places.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

When I get hungry for hot dogs, I try to dress them up a little bit.

Slightly toasted potato rolls, quality cheese (pepperjack or provolone), bacon, mustard, something just a little spicy (banana pepper rings, Texas Pete, sriracha). I also like to cook them on my Foreman grill so I get the nice marks.

A little bit of effort goes a long way toward deluding myself that I'm living a real life and I'm not going to die and have my cat eat my face before someone finds out I'm gone.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Thanks for doing our work for us in finding bugs, you get to play 2.0 first!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

This is actually pretty good strategy in making sure the first people playing it will be True Believers.

It's still gonna be a catastrophic buggy mess, but hey!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

kingkongor just crashed again :v:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

The guy I'm watching has a crash like every ten minutes but is all cheery and "it's alpha, it happens, I'll make bug reports".

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

:lol: this guy can't get near a planet without the game crashing.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Watching someone play Lost In A Space Airport Simulator. I like this.

Edit: and it crashed.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Justin Tyme posted:

These dilweed streamers better loving land on the gas giant and walk around on the surface considering they're just giant spheres.

This is the second streamer I've watched and they haven't managed to fly near a planet without the game crashing.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I have never had so much fun watching a game constantly crash.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Holy poo poo this guy didn't even make it to the ship selector before crashing again.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I've watched this guy's game crash three times in ten minutes, and it takes 3-4 minutes to reboot every time. I'm just laughing like a lunatic at this.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

A Neurotic Jew posted:

what stream are you watching now? the guy I was watching just tapped out.

MatticusGames on twitch

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Did any streamers make it to the hipster gin bar IN SPACE that they spent half an hour talking about yesterday, or is that not in the game yet?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

CrazyLoon posted:

I have to ask since I keep seeing this pop up, is this the new fad in America atm, which is somehow supposed to absolve you of all criticism of racism?

To be fair, tho, he does ride bare too!

In the South especially, "I'm 1/32 Cherokee" really means "Great-great-grand-dad knocked up one of the slaves."

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I'm watching someone else (BadNewsBaron) try to play this game on Twitch, my third streamer since last night.

Nobody has managed to keep the game running for more than 10 minutes. Jumping onto someone's "mutli-crew" ship causes a crash. Approaching a planet causes a crash. Blowing up space pirates causes a crash. Several times people haven't managed to get to the ship selector (which has one of the ship names bugged) before a crash. I haven't seen anyone do FPS yet, but some guy claims he played it for 15 minutes and will put it on Youtube. Everytime I see the game crash to desktop I keep hearing an airhorn in my head.

I have any number of games I could be playing right now or comedies I could be watching on Netflix, but this is the most hilarious gaming experience I've ever had.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Holy poo poo, DickWulf just gave this streamer $100.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

:lol: This guy rants about Saitek/MadCatz products because of their PR policy of never admitting to mistakes or bad products

Then his Star Citizen game crashes for the third time in 15 minutes.

I'm loving done, I'll die laughing if I watch any more.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

It's like if everyday you sent your not-very-bright little brother to the store with $1 to bring back some gum. Day after day, week after week, month after month, he comes back empty-handed. No money, no gum, no explanations; just a big dumb smile.

Then one day, it happens. He comes back home with a handful of Bazooka gum that looks like it's been sitting in the sun since 1997. It's not even pink anymore, there's no flavor to it, and it chips two of your teeth the instant you bite down on it.

But he did it. He finally did it. He brought home some gum and he's just beaming like he won a Nobel Prize.

The 2.0 Experience, everyone.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Is the Million Mile High Club actually in "the game" yet, or is it still just a fever dream of the designers?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

RagnarokZ posted:

Just out of curiosity.

If Robert's insane company goes backrupt, isn't it possible that some other company would just by the intellectual property and all the game assets, and just leave all the commitments behind?

In case of bankruptcies, don't the usually try and recover as much for the real creditors, not for idiots who bought JPEGs?

Out of all the bullshit this enterprise has spawned from "donations", which do you think failed Hollywood producer Chris Roberts would most likely hang onto:

- his generic sci-fi game that is drowning in scope-creep from the demands of autistic space-pirate-rapists
- his state-of-the-art MoCap studio

If (:lol: when) this whole thing goes tits-up and nobody buys the rights to "the game", you will probably find that every one of the umpteen corporations involved will be liquidated to pay debts except the one that owns that MoCap studio. Everyone will have contributed to Chris Roberts being Andy Serkis' bitch for C-list MoCap projects, but at least he's back in Hollywood, baby! And that'll mean a big role for his leather muppet wife in some god-awful movie!

What are we up to now, $96M?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

BadNewsBaron is streaming and has this on his screen:

Crash count: 48
Time since last crash:
Longest playtime: 38:00

This definitely seems like a great way to spend an entire day.

Edit: just crashed again six minutes in. 49 now. :v:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

BadNewsBaron is still doing an all-day stream. He just had his 104th crash today. Still only has 38 minutes as his longest uptime.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I'm just wondering how many crashes BadNewsBaron's 12-hour stream had when he was done. He was at 104 when I checked in after 8pm Eastern.

BDSSE, saving PC gaming, etc

I haven't seen a Twitch stream on this game over 1100 viewers and The Wulge gave that dude $100 for crashing every ten minutes on the first day of whatever the gently caress this is.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

PU = Precum Universe

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I'm imagining someone several thousand dollars into SC who is also living off of Soylent. He thinks he's living in THE FUTURE but will die broke and alone from cadmium poisoning before the game ever comes out.

His tombstone will read SEE YOU IN THE 'VERSE.

This entire project is like a magnet of misery and broken dreams.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Here are some questions about SC streamers.

What is the cost/specs of a PC that is able to "play" Star Citizen and stream the effort as well as a webcam/mic to commentate on it live? Have they ever released specs on "recommended machines"? I haven't bought a new PC in six years and my current one is a terrible shitbox that I can't even upgrade. What monstrosities are these Twitch streamers running, and why are people paying them for the privilege of watching them crash every six minutes? A rig capable of doing all this has to be over $1000, right?

Please note that I am ABSOLUTELY NOT asking these questions because I would like to start a Twitch channel of me playing drunk and bad Hearthstone to pay the bills while I go back to school yet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Has Karl hosed himself yet?

• Locked thread