Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AP posted:

Wow, Dickwulf sounds totally broken, I actually feel sorry for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Raskolnikov posted:

We have two groups of married women harassed by Wulf Knight. So it looks like we're on the level if you omit 5). Cheers!
Christ, what a cretin.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Psycold posted:

I’m excited for the game but I’m 32 now and it’s easier to keep my expectations realistic than it was in my 20’s. Most of the “controversy” around Star Citizen that I’ve seen has been people who don’t even play PC games and instead of waiting to form an opinion based on experience, they just blurt out the first negative thing they can think of…same thing is happening with V.R. Anyone who has tried it knows it’s amazing and the only people who are negative about it are the same people who haven’t tried it. If you’ve tried modern V.R. and you are still negative about it then you are probably a huge bummer to be around.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Cartmanboy posted:

I don´t even care if it´s a good or bad article, I don´t give gaming media clicks - period.

Nexus Gamer, yes that´s the stuff I like. INN news. This Reddit. Gio, BoredGamer, Batgirl, Tactical Advance, etc. etc. etc. etc.

No bribed shill gaming press will stop this game if it´s even half as good as planned. Think about all the fun we´ll have linking up their bullshit for the lulz in 2017,18,19 etc.

they´re shoveling their own credibility grave together with Dip poo poo. At the end they´ll all be as laughable as DS, I´ll label them the Smartpress forever. Can you imagine how embarrassing that will be? This is going to be epic, friends
If anything, the gaming press has been grotesquely lenient on Star Citizen.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

metamf posted:

What the point of these new articles that are repeating everything over and over again? There are balanced, overhyped or negative articles like 100s of them all over the internet. There is even accusing article. This is getting silly in my opinion. Can they talk about actual game for a second? Like gamersnexus.net does it? I think they're only ones.. Can they loving talk about gameplay, technical side of it... Did they even look at existing or upcoming mechanics or this is not interesting at all? Ofc it's not for them.. they need clicks and talk talk talk talk endlessly about marketing of CIG. I almost puke everytime I here about another dissective article about CIG's business model.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Cartmanboy posted:

no, all they can do is rambling and begging for clicks. Which I refuse to give them, unless my adblock is set to maximum stun.

Gaming online media sucks since at least 2009, and there are only very few exceptions.

Gamer Nexus, 100% excellent example - THAT is gaming journalism, not that mainstream crap. Gamer Nexus is so awesome in fact I give them money next month for being awesome. Never did that before, but I want, because quality.
Is there something special about the Gamers Nexus?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

pftc posted:

Derek Smart: 4

Team Crippled Dick Wulf Wulge: 0

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Raskolnikov posted:

I feel like I should take this moment to say that Wulf Knight once went off in RSI chat about how he would open his door on people that were lane splitting on motorcycles because "they deserve to die [for disrupting traffic]".
Quite the pattern of ethical bankruptcy. Maybe he'll follow it up with literal bankruptcy.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Reddit, what are some red flags you saw but ignored? Do you regret that decision? posted:

When you're the only one trying to repair a relationship and they've obviously cashed out.

When someone has wronged you and doesn't do anything to make up for it or try and fix things.

When someone lies and misleads you and leads you on.

When you already turned your back on them because they weren't there for you, but you give it another go because you love them.

When this has all happened before but each time you think it will be different, that they'll be different.

When you let all this happen because you don't have anyone else.

Same person:

aoxo posted:

I think it's a less balanced article than most here seem to think.

I'd like to preface my post by saying that while I follow the game's development and own a copy of it, I'm not a massive fan of it. I'm still pretty on the fence.

Okay, so, this article has innuendo spread right throughout. It starts off in the title and continues in the first sentence. For starters, why Star Citizen is "controversial" is (I think) two-fold, but the article begins with the assumption that SC itself is controversial, rather than asking why it has attracted controversy. This may just be a matter of semantics, but it's a leading statement. When you read the title your mind is lead straight to, "Star Citizen is controversial".

In the first paragraph, after the question of "What is Star Citizen?" the response is "Well, that’s a question with a least two answers". I suppose that's relatively innocent, but coupled with some other comments, like this one in the third paragraph ("Star Citizen reads like an attempt to combine almost everything games have ever done") it again leads the reader to believe that Star Citizen is (in concept at least) more complicated than it really is, which very easily helps fuel the "too ambitious" or "feature creep" arguments later presented. It's very subtle, and, again, may simply be a matter of semantics, but I think ultimately it skews the perceived meaning of what's being said and the general (and wider reaching) tone against Star Citizen (side-note: the mere fact this article is written to defend/explain SC suggests that there are reasons to be "against" [or for] SC which I think only lends more credence to the "SC is controversial point made above).

Continuing on, not all games are clear cut, but they certainly have core game play features, so why suggest SC is any different and that what it is is hard to explain? What would you call GTAV? IS it a driving game? Action game? Shooter? Adventure game? Open-world? With the re-release/release of the enhanced/PC versions of GTAV is it now a first person shooter also? I understand the point - Star Citizen aims to be many things, but just as Grand Theft Auto is an action-adventure game, so too is SC a space sim game. Starting off with "well I can't even explain it" isn't, in my opinion, the most balanced and fair way to present it.

I think it then provides some misinformation by talking about the different "modes". This in general, as with most SC articles, starts to show a lack of familiarity with SC and it's development. Unless I am misunderstanding, these "modes" are mainly the modules, which, aside from the public nature of early access, don't differ too much from the different stages any other company would go through when designing and developing different game play mechanics. Using GTA as an example again, I'm very sure that the people dealing with character movement, weapon stats, etc were separate to those working on vehicle physics/stats. I don't want to go into this too much because I don't how how different CIG is working to a "normal" company.

I think the rest of the article is pretty much more of the same - it tries to give a quick run down of what SC is, what it wants to be, what CIG is, how it works, etc but doesn't really provide genuine details (and by genuine I mean "fair"). As usual, a huge focus is put on being able to buy "virtual" ships. There are three parties at fault for this: CIG who insist EVERY ship MUST go up for sale, the "take my money" backers who keep buying ships despite already owning several, and then those who don't own the game and have no stake in it, but who are adamant that any purchase of "virtual" items means pay-to-win, despite not having any understanding of the context of the ships or the purchases themselves. To explain my understanding of this point: what's better: a supercar or a minivan? The supercar, says the racer; the minivan, says the parent with four kids.

There are several allusions as to the current success of SC by gauging it against former suggested release periods. As we all know, none of these was ever set in stone. Does that entirely defend the delays? I say no, of course not. I remember when Arena Commander was first delayed - everyone tried to defend it by saying that the server back end was done which meant they could make "more" progress, but what we ended up with was still extremely limited. If anything, the delay should have provided us with more, which means the initial release date could have never been met. But all of this ignores the point that this is a work in progress where - as is acknowledged - the scope of the game is increasing as more money comes in, as the team becomes more experienced and as development rolls on. Asking whether it is "good" or not is also a bit misleading. There are many games out there in "Early Alpha" which are awful and have been for years coughDayZcough which do not garner anywhere near the same criticism or attention that SC does. SC has had steady and relatively constant updates and progression and recently and the near-future I think we're all expecting a lot more. Whether they hit the vaguely-suggested-though-never-even-hinted-at-let-alone-stated dates is anyone's guess, but after CitCon we know what to expect (and with some other speculation some are expecting even more). Which, compared to DayZ as mentioned before, will be a huge amount of progression and far more than DayZ has made since it's initial stand-alone release nearly two years ago.

I think from there on the article just neglects to mention the role of "the media" in all the supposed controversy surrounding the game and gives far too much credence to detractors. The Derek Smart stuff had been going on for a while, but it wasn't until the Escapist made claims of racism and embezzlement that anyone outside the SC community even took notice - and that was just at the Derek Smart stuff, that doesn't include the new racism/embezzlement "controversy" that was sourced by, yup, "the media". The article goes up and down like a see-saw (teeter-totter for you yanky doodles) between defending SC and making thinly veiled criticisms. Claims of "overt expenditure" and that concern is "not without merit" seem to suggest that there is something to be worried about. But why? Because people paid money up front?

No one likes what-about-ism, so hold on to your butts, but what about all the games with pre-order bonuses (which is a ghastly enough practice) which are delayed or fail to deliver? GTAV was delayed numerous times across each of the release stages - the original release, then the enhanced version, and then the PC version and that was with a 300 million dollar budget. Star Citizen always aimed to be a fully fledged PC game pushing hardware to its limits and as funds came in the scale, scope and grandeur were set to increase with it. I really don't think that having celebrity voice actors is a point to make in an article about "controversy" and yet it found its way in there as another thing to niggle at. The paragraph seems to say "oh but that's not detracting from making the actual game" while at the same time saying tutting at the "overt expenditure" as if they are Drug Cartel kingpins throwing money in the streets and eating diamond encrusted caviar.

I feel like I'm ranting a bit now so I'm going to stop.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Nickiepoo posted:

People will die over this game.
The parallels with their relationship with CIG are eerie.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Do you guys have any endgame plans that you want to work towards?

quote:

Personally after I trade enough I want to use game packages to create some custom NPC's. Then buy an Endeavor with farming pods and send all the "peasants" to work the farms. I might even decide to board other "houses" and conscript the peasants to relieve them of their stuff, thus making my "house" richer. All will fear the wrath of House Zuri.

Well thats just what I want to do. You guys have any plans once you save up enough UEC?

quote:

A hangar with every single game-purchasable ship in it, in mint condition. My own personal ship museum. My pledge ships don't count. Every ship I've pledged for will be my workhorses. I'll have to buy them all again in-game for the museum.

In this way my game is never over while ever CIG is adding content.

quote:

I want to be known as a notorious bounty hunter, with endless bounties claimed. I want people to look to me when I jump into a system and wonder if I'm there for them. I want a nice quiet hangar on some beautiful planet full of trophies from my conquests. I had that in Galaxies and it was so much fun, and very fulfilling. I'd load into a starport and watch everyone's head look at my character as they ran a command to see if I was hostile towards them (bounty hunters had first strike, forgot how you could tell if you were being hunted)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Advocacy Records: 116952 posted:

Advocacy Records

Evidence pertaining to case file: 116952

Log file recovered from derelict ship

LOG ENTRY 2945-10-21_16:59 SET: New message came off the spectrum today. Must be some pretty serious stuff. I've been taking contracts for nearly eleven years and I've never come across encryption this heavy. Nothing to do now but wait while my decrypt protocols work on it.

LOG ENTRY 2945-10-21_21:13 SET: Well, I finally got the job decrypted, and not a minute too soon either. Once word of this hits the net the scavengers will be out in droves to try to collect. Not a small amount either. If I can pull this off, this will be three times the biggest payroll I've pulled. The name sounds familiar, but I'm not quite sure where I've heard it before. Time to do some research.

LOG ENTRY 2945-10-21_22:44 SET: Parker Terrell, I knew I had heard that name before. Some independent conspiracy nut who runs a spectrum show. Looks like he finally mouthed off about the wrong people. Could be anyone though, this guy has a list of enemies a mile long. I'll put some feelers out tonight and see if I can't pin down his location.

LOG ENTRY 2945-10-22_08:21 SET: Woke up this morning with a dozen messages from my contacts throughout the empire. Looks like this guy keeps on the move. Luckily there's an information broker I use from time to time who has a pretty solid lead on Parker. Looks like he's on Earth, and apparently asking some pretty damning questions. No time to waste. Anyone who's decrypted the job will be chasing down the same leads I am. I just have to make sure to get to them first.

LOG ENTRY 2945-10-24_13:17 SET: I never followed politics. Never really saw the point. It's not like the suited up bastards ever did any good for me personally. I've been listening to some of Parker's broadcasts on my way to Earth. Know your enemy and all that garbage. While I can certainly agree with some of the sentiment, the guy comes off like a raving lunatic. He keeps spouting off these outlandish accusations about corporate and government conspiracies. Who knows. Maybe there's some truth to what he says, after all, someone posted this job. In my experience though, people aren't that smart. Things are more or less what they seem, and it seems like someone is sick of this guy's opinions.

LOG ENTRY 2945-10-25_01:24 SET: Set down on Earth without a hitch, but I have to leave most of my equipment on the ship. I always hate visiting these core worlds. Everything is too clean and regulated. I have a contact here that I can get some equipment from once I'm through customs, but his supply doesn't come cheap. Good thing the people who want Parker dead are willing to pay so much. Still, pulling off a job on a core world like this comes with a lot of risks. I'll do some recon before I visit my contact. Figure out the best way to finish the job and make a clean getaway.

LOG ENTRY 2945-10-27_20:38 SET: I think I have everything ready. It didn't take me long to pick up Parker's trail. That man moves around a LOT. I assume he's following up on leads for his show because he doesn't stick to any kind of pattern. Always to different places. Luckily I was able to follow him back to his ship. It's locked up in one of those SelfLand towers. I won't be able to touch him in there, but the area in front of the tower is a nice big open space. I figure I can take him down from a distance and be off world before anyone knows where the shot even came from. I was able to get a rifle and an IR masking bodysuit from my contact. The bodysuit should mask me from the automated sentries covering the square. If this all goes off without a hitch, by this time tomorrow night I'll be counting my credits far away from this rock.

LOG ENTRY 2945-10-28_23:07 SET: Well, things have gone to poo poo and I'm thinking it's time to hit the eject on this job. I'm on my way out of the system as I type this. Maybe there's something about being a conspiracy nut that just always keeps you on edge. I don't know how, but when Parker got in my line of sight, he started looking around. Like an animal sniffing the air for trouble. I know in my mind there's no way he could have spotted me. Camped on a roof two blocks away, but I swear as I was looking at him through the scope, that man stared right back at me. I rushed. I took the shot, but it was sloppy. Pretty sure I hit him in the shoulder. He went down, but he was surrounded by police and civilians. I couldn't get another clear shot, so I ran. No chance of him bleeding out either. No, the medical facilities on a core world like this will patch him up just fine. In my experience, jobs like this you only ever get one chance. I hosed it up. Best thing I can do now is cut my losses and run before the job gets too hot. Parker's been alerted now. The next guy who comes for him is going to have a more difficult time.

LOG ENTRY 2945-10-30_02:12 SET: I don't know what the hell is going on, but I sure as poo poo don't like it. I've been keeping on the move since I botched the Parker Terrell job. As soon as I jumped out of the Sol system, my nav computer started going haywire. Started broadcasting my position on some secure channel. I couldn't lock it down, so I had to do a whole system wipe. Before I cleaned the drive, I got a look at the file that had initiated the process. That goddamn encrypted job had some hidden subroutines. There's definitely more at play here than some simple elimination job, and I don't take to kindly to being a pawn in someone elses game. I'm hiding out in Nyx right now. My gut tells me to just lay low until this blows over, so that's what I'm going to do. Some serious poo poo is at work here, but with a little luck, I'll stay alive long enough to update this log again.

:END_OF_FILE

ERASE: Y/N

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

G0RF posted:

Dolvak creates Stargur, an image host service, to protect Spergs from future imgur takedown attacks (of the sort he himself might have been responsible for when targeting SomethingAwful...)

quote:

Edit: YOU ALREADY KILLED IT

Edit: hug of death over, stop loving it so hard

quote:

Can attest, 100% spaghetti code haha. I will open source is once the code is not so awful and we push a few more things to it :)

quote:

/u/Dolvak this is blocked at work. Thats gonna be a pretty big problem for folks.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Stargur is dreadfully slow.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP posted:

Clearly he feels guilty about all those images he deleted and is trying to replace them.

I love how you can see each image load one by one.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Dsmart egotrippin aside, I still think it's really funny that Karl Rumsmeier guy comes in here once a day to basically drive-by-tough-guy at him.
Their style of posting is amazingly similar to Matilda2013's.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Remember when Octopode tried to argue there was never a plan to release an FPS module literally a day after the FPS module was cancelled.

Yeah but that wasn't as memorable as when he posted this:

Octopode posted:

I'm sorry that reality doesn't fall neatly into the personal narrative you've constructed where all people who choose to spend money on a game of their choosing suffer from some mental disorder that you get to play the hero and save them from. The reality is that people see something in the game that excites them, and they are willing to spend money because of that.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Well stargur didn't last very long:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

So how should CIG go back and show real appreciation to the first 250,000 Original/Veteran Backers? posted:

This is not a troll thread and this is not a joke. This is a request that CIG and the rest of us show some proper respect and take responsibility for showing such apathy towards the Original and Veteran Backers efforts. Sorry if this comes across as hostile but the attitude that the first 250,000 or so Original and Veteran Backers should accept being given so little for doing so much is just Bullshit. They are the reason why we, the 750,000+, are even able to pledge and become backers. They are the reason we are all able to celebrate these milestones. I seriously do not think they have been shown any real appreciation when we give everyone a trophy for not being believers early on. It really doesn't matter if you didn't hear about Star Citizen until just recently. The fact is they are the ones that got us here and more and more as time goes on something changes that says they were played. I get it, the rest of us are backers as well. But if you took a tally on how many of us can say that we are truly responsible for getting the game to $6 million, let alone $21 million, $50 million, or even $90 million we are piss poor of character to think that just because they got a handful of minor stretch goal rewards they were rewarded enough. That is a cowardly attitude to have and it shows a complete lack of integrity on our part.

You remove the $6 million from the Original Backers on Kickstarter and we have nothing. You remove the following $15 million from the Veteran Backers and You have nothing. Without them the rest of us 750,000 are sitting around like idiots waiting for the next DLC for another poo poo game and wondering why we are paying for that DLC when it was supposed to be in the original game in the first place.

Either the stretch goal rewards the OBs and VBs got need to be enhanced or CIG need to go back and come up with something real for them. Disrespecting them and saying that they are no special snowflakes, when we didn't lift a finger and let them shoulder all the weight if totally hosed up. As regular backers the reward we got was that there is a game to pledge for in the first place and that we may still be paying less that people who come on after release. Giving out much of the things the OBs/VBs got to the rest of us says that their faith and dedication to the campaign meant nothing. Why are we all ok with that? The $10 in UECs they may get per package is not enough and we know it. They are better than that. Not acknowledging that means we are not.

We hit a major milestone getting to 1,000,000 Citizens and we were all happy and excited for the two members that got free Sabers. I have yet to see or hear of any of those OBs and VBs getting $170 or anything and they are the very reason those two Citizens got those ships or that those ships even exist. They are the reason we hit 1,000,000 citizens and also the reason we will soon be able to hit $100,000,000 in crowdfunding.

Yeah okay I get it, they are nothing special but we sure are because we are the many that outweighs the few.

NOTE: I really appreciate the civil responses, even the ones that disagree with what I'm saying here. To those being evil and toxic do not post if you can't answer in an intelligent manner.

Three questions to ask:

1. How many people do you think would have backed Star Citizen to $6 million and later $21 million if CIG said during the Kickstarter that all Backers will get is the game for free at release?

2. If people feel that the 250,000 were so insignificant ask yourself where the game would be if those 250,000 weren't there and just never signed on.

3. Where were the remaining 750,000 when they were needed, and would they have backed Star Citizen if they were told they were getting nothing but the game at launch?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP posted:

I think pretending to be different people and talking about sharing accounts is a novel approach to protecting yourself and I wish you good fortune.

I mean you're obviously crazy, that's some defence right there too, right?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

This is actually true, publicly identifying and accusing someone of sexual harassment is serious business, especially to someone married. I wonder why Wulf Dick isn't threatening to sue? Is he one of those "turn the other cheek" ultra christians?
Is it true that your husband can send as many dick pics as they want?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6FJEde5ciAUfkJBYldrOEFENEJIdlg5cDVOYS1wMkxMWFFFelJ2Sm5WdzNnWmJOelJJY00

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP posted:

So who do we think is going to keep the faith longest Janssendalt or Karl?

I know Karl has started strong with the whole multiple online personas thing, a rather heavily "investment" and a belief that this thread is a well organised disinformation campaign dance but I wouldn't rule janssendalt out just yet.
Don't forget about Octopode.

WebDog posted:

Then Star Citizen would continue in the hands of die-hard modders who bring over the design into Freespace 2's engine and manage to make something functional in less than a year.
That would break Ben's heart. He hates Freespace 2.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP posted:

Supporting the dream with the Space Warlord package.
Is that $100,000 a typo?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Klyith posted:

did you read the words after it?
Yes, I did. I didn't put two and two together initially though.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Valatar posted:

I still hope they make the game. I got my eighty bucks out for the initial $60 bounty hunter tier and the $20 to bring it from a 300 to a 325 because I'm intensely skeptical that this is going to succeed instead of crashing and burning everyone's money. But that said, I still want them to actually pull through and provide what was promised back in the initial crowd fund: Privateer 3 done on the scale of Elite. If they'd never embarked on trying to bolt on the kitchen sink and hiding in cargo containers and a hold your breath while shooting button, I think they'd probably already have something playable on the market and things would be great.
It doesn't look like that was ever in the cards. Chris' (and Sandy's) dreams aren't so pedestrian.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Palpek posted:

I still can't stop laughing at Reddit thinking that Derek Smart was behind the fake imgur reports that took SC's pictures down because he wrote about burning down JPG ships. Yes, obviously that was meant literally. How stupid can autists be, it's beyond me, fucken :gary:.
Creating Stargur in response only to have that fail in turn made it even better.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/293055/value-should-matter-for-ships-stats

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP posted:

ASCENT’S LEAD DEV OFFERS INSIGHT ON THE STAR CITIZEN CONTROVERSY

Another Star Citizen auditor.

Hey Karl, I'm no expert but given that
A: - You said here on SA that you no money in and you have a RSI Space Marshal account
and
B:- You said you weren't that crazy reddit Star Citizen auditor who was trying to troll me from there of all lovely places.

I'm going to go with
C:- You're a nut. :gary:
The auditor bit really clinches matters.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP posted:

I'm pretty sure she doesn't read the thread, can't see her landing a big role doing that. I believe Karl just emails her things that concern him, like the screenshot of that radio guy who's been flipping out about it ever since.
Karl really is the best: full of courage and immunity and 20 years of experience regarding internet, blogs and forums.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

I love how Karl presents themselves as some kind of impartial adjudicator:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

I apologize to Octopode for comparing them to Karl. Karl is on an entirely different level:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

tdevx posted:

I'm not upset, i said it pisses me off when they slate a game without the facts, not to mention pricks like Derik Smart and the Escapist brainwashing them
LOL

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP posted:

"Let's say I am mildly interested in SC" Karl, seriously get help pretending to be your own kid and lying to complete strangers about a stupid "potential" game, is odd to say the least. This is not normal behaviour.

Mild interest:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP posted:

Ha, it is him, bloke has no clue how predictable he is. Failed again Karl, make another account, also make a new SA one and try to fit in for a couple of weeks.

"A company is at steak!"
I don't understand why he has a compulsion to create an elaborate web of thinly veiled accounts everywhere.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Karl doesn't seem to like the that your existence threatens to collapse their worldview Bootcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Bootcha posted:

They can believe what they want at this point.

In the end, every nerd wants to be right. I wanted to be right about nothing being wrong and Smart being full of horseshit. I wanted to be right about SC being a big success and making me a good chunk of change in the process.

But when you step away from the sepia fuzzy glasses, and ask questions that should have an expected answer (but don't), that's when that sucking sound starts to be audible.

And that's why I can say I was wrong, and I'm doing something to correct it.
I'm glad you were able to take such a frank look at things once evidence started piling up instead of digging yourself deeper and deeper into the hole. The more invested you are, financially, emotionally and otherwise, the harder that can be.

• Locked thread