Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

The reason the turnover is such a big deal is how many people with director and producer in their title. I'm not in gaming, but it was my understanding that those people stay on the project until development ends.

Well, from personal experience working in a company with a domineering, overbearing owner, you cycle through a bunch of people with lead or director in their name. Also nothing gets done efficiently. (Also not commenting on gaming though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

Pho recipe. easy and cheap you just need to have a hella large cooking pot.

How well does this store? Can the recipe be reduced to only make four servings easily?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Okay, who bought :gary: because it's great. (though a bit small)

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

2DCAT posted:

I tried to get one bigger, but the dimensions are 90x25px vOv sorry!

Not a problem, thanks anyway for contributing to this big gay forum. Your gif purchase is well appreciated.

:gary:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

3 posted:

So of course the faithful are screaming about it like Alec Meer personally murdered their housepetsjpegs.

Oh please do link to some tears about it. I read it myself and agree it's fairly neutral all things considered. Didn't get into any of the more ridiculous claims that I've seen here. (not saying they are untrue)

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Their isn't actually going to be any legal action come November is their? :(

I wasn't really expecting any.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

ether posted:

I might have discovered the pre-pre-pre-pre alpha of squadron 42's final level.

http://paaarrrppp.itch.io/squadron-42-final-mission?secret=jezANogqHqXujZ57aHsiEcWbJ7g

Nice, I got a high :gary: Paaaarp

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

ps: I didn't dox any "teenager in a wheelchair" or "children", moron. So go back to your Reddit echo chamber. As a token of your visit here, hope you like your new forum avatar.

Dman he did source his quote a bit later. The post was from reddit.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Madcosby posted:

The craziest part about this mixing minigame is that so much of the full version of the game is required in place for it to serve any purpose

-They have to build the ship that basically a passenger plane (it's just a jpg right now)
-They have to make the ship flyable
-They have to have multi-crew in for the many seats inside
-They have to program NPCs that actually want a place to go
-They have to program NPCs to have individual demands
-They have to program ability to travel from star system to star system
-They have to program places to land
-They have to program a way to drop off and load NPCs
-They have to have a working economy to insert pricing

Ahh, but don't forget that the last time the passenger ship came up that in addition to the drink mixing minigame, you could also show your NPC passengers movies. Movies which are items that are found/bought/acquired in game. The quality and apparent varienty of said movies somehow ties into that last point in determining how much money you make for ferrying NPCs.

So more stuff to code.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Ahh, thank you. I wanted to post my catte from awhile ago, but the thread had moved on.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well, I am one shocked at this incident. One of the things I've come to rely upon is the consistent posting of Derek's blog.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Oh god, peter is this yours? Because my Honeybee has been been beaten in the cute catte picture category certainly.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Oh good, very nice catte, though not as crushingly adorable as when he/she was a kitten.

Also, we don't let Honey into the Christmas trees, she'd tear them to shreds.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Karl_Ramseier posted:

It's a full time job, I can tell you.

I'd believe it, since you are so amazingly one note that you apparently post about nothing else but Star Citizen.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

So been away for a bit, is Derek completely radio silent?

Well, he's missed a deadline he set for himself for posting his next set of revelations on his blog. So pretty much a standard Tuesday for him.

Nothing that special about that.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

vyst posted:

Imagine having this try to have sex with you

I can't imagine at his size he'd be a very active partner. Seems more like you'd have to imagine trying to provide sex to him while he lies there.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Woh now, I'm going to need to stop you right there. I'm afraid the Star Citizen thread just can't contain both catte.jpg and bird.jpg. Please redo your bird.jpg.

Now if it was a concept of a bird.jpg that would be released in the future, I'd love to see it.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

MeLKoR posted:

I WANT MY MONEY BACK DEREK SMART OR I'M BLOWING THE LID ON THIS!

That's a bit harsh, after all it's a pre-alpha blog.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Seriously, the blog will no longer update, and we'll later find out Dsmart has been murdered.

The only clues will be a plate of meatballs and some unidentified black hair in the shower drain.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

If this is even beginning to be serious, there's a thing called self control. Its an important tool in life. Just saying.

Wait I minute, let me stop for a second to really parse this.

Are you for real right now? Because it's kinda hard to tell in this thread.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

What is "real"

What I mean is....Actually in this thread you are correct. Carry on then.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

1500 posted:

Is this better?

Perfect. Now, we can make the next stretch goals to lose the fur and add the feathers. After that, maybe a goal to add the beak.

We'll get to a finalized bird.jpg eventually. Or, we'll end up with a horrible mismatched abomination. Either way, it will be wholesome open development.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Eonwe posted:

did you guys know that CIG used to work on something called star citizen

Yup. In fact they still are, depending on your definition of work.

Oh, I haven't posted since the popsicle sticks were added. Apparently I'm soiled meat now.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

xanif posted:

"CR just needed some more money and time! I know they were 3 years behind on development but you can't rush perfection! YOU ALL DID THIS!"

I certainly will wear that as a badge of pride. Took down the savior of PC gaming by shitposting.

Hell, no offense intended to him, but this is the most relevant Dsmarts been in years.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

And for only 1000$ pledged you too can spend 10 more dollars per shiny HID proxcard

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

G0RF posted:

"Reverse the Verse" is on-- very exciting!"

I'm going to just keep editing this with summary notes...

Man, these QA sessions sure are getting pretty desperate when they mostly consist of justifying things they hosed up in the last QA/marketing release.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

G0RF posted:

Alexis- "We are not making any money on the VIP Cards".

YOU MADE $1000 MINIMUM ON ANYONE WHO QUALIFIES FOR CONCIERGE STATUS.

I'll have you know that each of those quality cards costs exactly 1010 dollars. So really it's about break even on each person who buys one.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

No. If and when it crashes, the Feds will most definitely be involved. And once that happens, there is no way they get to hide money anywhere. That's what RICO is for.

You honestly hope for a RICO case out of this?

I mean, it would be hilarious, but I really don't see it going that far.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Let me consult my lawyer...

She says I'm not supposed to talk about it. Sorry. :saddowns:

A good lawyer. How many bones do you need to pay to keep her on retainer like that?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

Yes. I know things.

Well I look forward to hearing all about it in 5-10 years then.

Because if it does qualify as a RICO case, it's going to be forever before we get all the juicy details.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Meta-Mollusk posted:

As an ignorant Eurogoon I had to Google what the hell is a RICO case and goddamn, that sounds way more serious than I anticipated. :stonk:

It actually is, and while I'm giving Dsmart the benefit of the doubt, I can't imagine this would qualify for a RICO situation.

It's what they brought against FIFA if I'm remembering correctly. It's a pretty big deal in the US.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

tooterfish posted:

You never watched the Sopranos?

RICO is the poo poo they used to take down the mob, that's pretty much what it's for. It's serious loving business.

Yes, I agree, it's pretty serious. Which is why I find it hard to believe that this whole Star Citizen fiasco would qualify.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Jethro_E7 posted:

From RTV INN transcription

[What will the mocap studio in the office provide?] It's a shared space. They're building 3 standing spaces for community productions, one for AtV, one for Meet the Devs, something else. They'll be on wheels, so when they need to do mocap with the mocap equipment they have, they can wheel that stuff out, and do mocap in the room. Performance capture will still happen at proper studios.
There's an AtV set, an all-purpose one for interviews, and a third one for a new 'Dev vs. Dev' show.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3rsofi/reverse_the_verse_episode_70_inn_transcript/

Hmm, cool a set for AtV, a set for Meet the Devs, a set for this "Dev vs Dev" thing. I wonder where they do the actual programming?

quote:

They need a LOT of mocap for things. One thing they do when creating new ships is look at angles on walkways and how doors opens, and they invariably need new mocap done for each new ship that comes around.

Well that's a giant red flag of a statement.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Kakarot posted:

lol they already have a new ship to sell on Nov 19

Well good, now they can build another Mocap set for that ship.

Seriously can't get over "...and they invariably need new mocap done for each new ship that comes around."

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Im_drunk posted:

Remember when video games were fun and not a second job, with twice as many supervisors as your regular job?

Kinda the reason I don't do MMOs anymore.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Wow, I know these people are delusional...But drat these people are really delusional!

This on the other hand is a quality catte.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

dyzzy posted:

Normally I'd expect a gimmick souvenir like this to come as part of the package when you give 1,000 or more to crowdfund a product and the access to social events to be an implicit understanding, but I guess I'm just an enemy of PC gaming :shobon:

Look if you didn't pay 10$ for it in addition to the original 1000$+, how would you know it was exclusive?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Goredema posted:

VVVV Very good point. If I hadn't taken a vow over a year ago to never spend another cent on Star Citizen, I'd buy up a ton of these cards and dump them for sub-:10bux: prices to ruin the sense of entitlement some of the "concierge" seem to have about their stupid, useless gentlemen's club.

I understand destroying the sense of entitlement, though one can't help but wonder if you could buy them for 10$ then flip them to other idiots for like 15 or something.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

BMan posted:

Putting seraph on ignore is good, you guys should try it. Also, thanks to whoever recommended Redline, it was good.

Yes, though people can't help but quote him. So really the functionality is pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Chalks posted:

I'd still love to know how many people qualify for these cards. Someone said earlier that there could be 10,000 of them. That's quite a lot of people to invite to a meeting.

Weren't these the cards you could only buy if you bought 1000$ worth of other virtual stuff?

Or is this some other card?

• Locked thread