Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's hard for me to square the fact that this is close to true, but at the same time reebok appears to be outsourcing these to some sort of experimental sports apparel design artificial intelligence.

This was all caused by just one incorrectly inserted hole-punch card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[in rorion gracie voice] When my fada begin teaching jiu-jitsu over 80 years ago now, not even he realise he not only create a way for levitating gay men to jack off people who try to do the Walk LIke An Egyptian thing, he was creating a way of life

lol

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
There is value in learning to not panic tap to things and developing enough to grit to spit blood every now and then.

But. Sweet. Jesus. How. Do. You. gently caress. That. Up!?

I'm still recovering at my grandfather's so I'm posting from an iPad but if I get to my normal computer soon I think we need to do a commentary on MMA fighter costumes.

Lobster, Mr. Nice, Dangerism, do you want to get on a chat client and Fashion SWAT these fuckers?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My contentious MMA fashion opinion is that Aldo dresses better than Conor. McGregor has lovely tailored suits but Aldo has many different types of lovely outfits.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

My contentious MMA fashion opinion is that Aldo dresses better than Conor. McGregor has lovely tailored suits but Aldo has many different types of lovely outfits.

Conor walks like a tiny bantam rooster so he pulls off the suits better.

That is all.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Aldo's woollen blazer cardigan is lovely as gently caress

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Trast posted:

Magana is an idiot. And who the gently caress is the other person to crank down on a twister in training camp?

To be fair, some submissions you cant tell if you are applying it correctly, so maybe he thought "what idiot doesn't tap maybe I need to pull harder"

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

EmmyOk posted:

I like this one lot but the design should be maybe an inch lower and it needs a stitched collar and cuffed hem.

e: If it's a jumper, not a longsleeve

I want to buy it just so I can get a Sharpie, cross out "UFC" and write in "Dharma."

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

willie_dee posted:

To be fair, some submissions you cant tell if you are applying it correctly, so maybe he thought "what idiot doesn't tap maybe I need to pull harder"

Yeah I've had that before, had a guy in a Kimura and he kept trying to get out even though it was in pretty well, so I applied pressure, then he yelped and started tapping really hard. Coach got into him for being an idiot not me for continuing to apply it.

I've gone out trying to fight out of a guillotine though but in my defense I was rolling with my instructor (black belt) who I am pretty sure wasn't going to kill me and I wanted to test how far I could go in a choke fighting the hands before I fell asleep in his crotch. spoiler: not long. But for anything joint or tendon or bone or anything else related -you're a retard if you don't tap when they've got you you don't "lose" in training the whole BJJ mantra has always been you win or you learn.

Also on Mark Hunt, he's been in Thailand for a lot longer than normal. I'm almost sure for the Stipe fight he didn't do anything except hit pads for a couple hours a week 2 or 3 weeks before the fight and for the fight in Mexico he had a really short run up to the title shot.

In the past I wouldn't be surprised if his trips to Thailand have been less "training camp" and more "hit pads in between naps", he looks a lot leaner than he has in years and from videos he's posted he looks a lot, lot faster and lighter on his feet. I can only really remember one other time he's looked like this in the UFC in the lead up to a fight and that was when he tore his knee and had to sit out and promptly got huge again.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

willie_dee posted:

This is true. Additionally; I'm an injury-prone, 8 year white belt. I know enough poo poo to catch people in really obvious submissions, but I lack the regular training necessary to know when I have someone dead to rights so I rely on them tapping.
The problems begin when you get some guy who doesn't want to tap to the unfit white belt, and he gets a shoulder tweaked. BJJ definitely suppresses ego, but it still exists.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Stone Cold didn't tap to no twister.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[in rorion gracie voice] When my fada begin teaching jiu-jitsu over 80 years ago now, not even he realise he not only create a way for levitating gay men to jack off people who try to do the Walk LIke An Egyptian thing, he was creating a way of life
Ah, the last forbidden technique

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Miesha Tate is thinking of taking her ball and going home. Also thinks she should get paid as much as Ronda. http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/2/9660580/frustrated-miesha-tate-willing-to-retire-unless-the-ufc-can-make-some

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Yeah Hunt's been in camp for a few months and he looks like his shorts will not fit well

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

There is value in learning to not panic tap to things and developing enough to grit to spit blood every now and then.

I'm still recovering at my grandfather's so I'm posting from an iPad but if I get to my normal computer soon I think we need to do a commentary on MMA fighter costumes.

Lobster, Mr. Nice, Dangerism, do you want to get on a chat client and Fashion SWAT these fuckers?

:thumbsup:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

Miesha Tate is thinking of taking her ball and going home. Also thinks she should get paid as much as Ronda. http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/2/9660580/frustrated-miesha-tate-willing-to-retire-unless-the-ufc-can-make-some

That'd be nice. She has nothing for Ronda, but has just enough for the rest of the division. It makes her seem a lot more relevant than she is. Plus she constantly has this look on her face that suggests she discreetly farted, and you are just smelling it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I can't say I know what Miesha should have done but I see no upside to having her continue to buy into fake hype everytime she beats someone in the UFC and gives the brass an excuse to say Ronda's name despite how unlikely it is for her to be fighting Ronda right now.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

https://twitter.com/UFCONFOX/status/661368350627520513

Matt Brown suffers injury, out of fight against Kelvin Gastelum

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I can't say I know what Miesha should have done but I see no upside to having her continue to buy into fake hype everytime she beats someone in the UFC and gives the brass an excuse to say Ronda's name despite how unlikely it is for her to be fighting Ronda right now.

She could win fights in an impressive fashion and make people want to see her fight Rousey again. Winning a series of close and boring decisions against people, including Rin Nakai, doesn't do anything for you.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

kensei posted:

gently caress

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Getting put in the hospital for not tapping in training and then bragging about it is one of the most astonishingly stupid things I very heard of in this dumb sport.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Captain Log posted:

Down

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

kensei posted:

get hosed i hate all of you

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

kensei posted:

this was a sleeper for foty imo and i'm absolutely devastated by this news

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Hendricks vs Gastelum in the battle of the fat welterweights.

Haha who am I kidding Hendricks probably weighs like 240 right now.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

Le Saboteur posted:

Hendricks vs Gastelum in the battle of the fat welterweights.

Haha who am I kidding Hendricks probably weighs like 240 right now.

They could just do it at middleweight like those fat bastards were relegated to.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
The twister? it's just a pain position man, weakness leaving the body, nothing else bro!

*get her back mangled and need to be completely immobilized for weeks*

It's just pain man.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
reebok sells the stupid ufc poo poo at their outlets for cheaper if you have one near you

just want a zip up hoodie that says ufc or something is that so difficult

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Actually Hendricks/Gastelum at middleweight would be a fine thing to replace this with and was the plan for these guys all along anyways.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I'd be extremely down for Hendricks/Gastelum at middleweight.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

kensei posted:

Updated.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
why did I read the twitter replies

why

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
good job, ufc

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/660843267886419968

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I bet bellator knew Eddies birthday!

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I think it would be really funny poetic justice if angela magana got out of the hospital and the UFC cut her

god she doesnt even hav ea wikipedia lol

she has lost 4 fights since 2012 ... it would be the best if the 3rd time now she has broken her back they were just like "you know, you're kinda dumb, later dummy". She is like a weird version of the rousimar palhares of womens MMA and is going to end up getting permanently crippling herself.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I might be giving UFC's social team way too much credit in this brave new Reebok era, but could it be a European to American thing? 1/11 is Nov. 1 there, so either the birthday database or the person running the Twitter today is British maybe.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Oi mate, I'm right chuffed to be working with the lads there at reebok - Dana White

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bluedeanie posted:

I might be giving UFC's social team way too much credit in this brave new Reebok era, but could it be a European to American thing? 1/11 is Nov. 1 there, so either the birthday database or the person running the Twitter today is British maybe.

Or someone saw the slash/dash in the wrong place.

mewse
May 2, 2006

At my previous company we had some custom software that needed calibration files to run.

Each file could store several calibrations that were tagged with a "name" that was just a text string containing a date and the calibration range, and then a timestamp stored in a binary time format.

The calibration would be performed on a computer running Canadian regional settings and then the calibration file would be sent to an American computer to actually run the software.

This actually led to a situation where I was able to produce a screenshot that showed 8/6/2013 and 6/8/2013 on the same software dialog, which our programmer explained was totally normal.

e: in summary use ISO format errday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Meowbot posted:

I think it would be really funny poetic justice if angela magana got out of the hospital and the UFC cut her

god she doesnt even hav ea wikipedia lol

she has lost 4 fights since 2012 ... it would be the best if the 3rd time now she has broken her back they were just like "you know, you're kinda dumb, later dummy". She is like a weird version of the rousimar palhares of womens MMA and is going to end up getting permanently crippling herself.

They need her around to lose to legitimate prospects and people who know what striking is. She'll have a home for a little while yet.

• Locked thread