Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

This is a courtesy notice that if your company has Entrust-issued TLS certificates in load-bearing capacities, you would do well to figure out how you would move to either or both of a) another CA, or b) 90-day cert validity periods .

Thank you. You may return to burning effigies of the Palo Alto product manager of your choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Subjunctive posted:

This is a courtesy notice that if your company has Entrust-issued TLS certificates in load-bearing capacities, you would do well to figure out how you would move to either or both of a) another CA, or b) 90-day cert validity periods .

Thank you. You may return to burning effigies of the Palo Alto product manager of your choice.

your certificate authority is a piece of poo poo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Look some were issued incorrectly but our clients told us it would be disruptive for us to revoke them and the customer is always right you see

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

tadashi posted:

I love how smug I feel when I don't get an interview for an infosec job I applied for and then the company has a huge information security issue.
There's probably no difference I would have made, but they don't know that :argh:
It means they were looking to hire someone to take the fall for existing issues.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

It means they were looking to hire someone to take the fall for existing issues.

I find that the issues are already a known issue internally and this is to backfill the current fall guys.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Sickening posted:

I find that the issues are already a known issue internally and this is to backfill the current fall guys.

How much is the going rate for professional fall guy?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Seppuku as gig work

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Subjunctive posted:

Anyone got a summary I can put in front of my CISO boss's eyes

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://substack.com/@aaomidi

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

there'll be one soon ...

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I finally registered to take the CISSP.
I've used the official study guide, some classes, Destination CISSP, CISSP flash cards, podcasts.
Basically everything I can think of other than actual Brain Dumps/test banks.

Any last advice from anyone?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rust Martialis posted:

Expecting one from the head of Mozilla’s root program in the next day or two, maybe today.

Amir’s above is pretty good though incomplete.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Another successful goon project

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

Serious Hardware/Software Crap › The Infosec Thread: Yes, time to move off Entrust

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

En"Trust"

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Zero trust refers to vendors

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

unknown posted:

Serious Hardware/Software Crap › The Infosec Thread: Yes, time to move off Entrust

lol, this is great. Reported it to remind myself next time I'm at a computer.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rust Martialis posted:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Entrust_Issues just dropped

waiting for Bruce Morton to release a diss track response

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Entrust_Issues just dropped

waiting for Bruce Morton to release a diss track response

Step aside Kendrick, Bruce has beef

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Oct posted:

I haven't vetted these myself but the folks behind the DFIR Report have started offering a few hands-on labs which might be good:
https://the-dfir-report-store.myshopify.com/collections/dfir-labs

Considering the quality of their writeups, I'd wager they will be pretty good.

I'll take a look at these, thanks!