Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

It'd be more appropriate to rattle off the list like it's the side effects in a radio commercial for an anti-depressant or prostate pills or something.
Soothing female voice: Always talk to the Games forum before beginning any new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Soothing female voice: Always talk to the Games forum before beginning any new game.

lol

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

5 Dark Souls Bosses that Made me want to Punch a Baby in the Face: err none... Why would having a relaxing time effortlessly killing dark souls bosses cause me to want to Punch babies. That's weird.

I got so pissed off from the totatl lack of challenge that I punched a million babies.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Well actually I think the funnier meme is that The game IS hard, but... It's not actually that hard. But, here are 1,000 tips so you can get started and here's a megathread full of moral support. But the game really isn't that hard.

Same here.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

To me it's worse that people talk to forums like this or whatever whom should be upholding the integrity of the single player experience and know better, that get's my goat about it.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Oh you bought Dark Souls? Let me dig out my doctoral dissertation on just a few of the things you have to know before you begin playing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Imp Zone is the only forum to make me play better, play better games, and have more fun. Thank you, Imp Zone.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

I got so pissed off from the totatl lack of challenge that I punched a million babies.

Lmao.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I hate that for every fun Dark Souls boss there are three reskinned bosses that you don't even remember fighting

?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This would never happen if the USA a single-gamer system like the rest of the civilized world.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

FactsAreUseless posted:

haha

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I think that thread, is more for the sake of the advice givers than givees,a safe space for them to feel powerful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You just reminded me of the games thread "tell what I need to know before playing this game for the first time" where people would post a game and a fellow goon would lay out every single overpowered thing in the game for them.

That thread is sad.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think its funny. i think its funny that people start off being able to think their way through game puzzles and stuff when theyre 6 and by the time theyre 30 theyre on the internet asking other people with fried computer brains what word they need to write in the Name Your Character prompt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i think its funny. i think its funny that people start off being able to think their way through game puzzles and stuff when theyre 6 and by the time theyre 30 theyre on the internet asking other people with fried computer brains what word they need to write in the Name Your Character prompt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSH39aiTx2A&t=232s

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lmao FTW. i hope that guy does one for mgs 5

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You and I are in the same boat, except I was duped into buying Dark Souls on steam and spent literally 2 hours configuring the awful Games For Windows Live bullshit and then an hour playing around until I realized it was unplayable without a controller. Then I bought a controller and played for 30 minutes and kept getting killed by skeletons so I ragequit and never started back up. I tried getting back into it at one point but the second I saw the GFWL screen when reinstalling I had flashbacks and gave up.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

You and I are in the same boat, except I was duped into buying Dark Souls on steam and spent literally 2 hours configuring the awful Games For Windows Live bullshit and then an hour playing around until I realized it was unplayable without a controller. Then I bought a controller and played for 30 minutes and kept getting killed by skeletons so I ragequit and never started back up. I tried getting back into it at one point but the second I saw the GFWL screen when reinstalling I had flashbacks and gave up.

getting PTSD from installing a computer fgame is cool

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Full Metal Games For Windows

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Dark Souls December.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Games poster, reading side effects list on anti-depressants that will stop them from sadposting in the Undertale thread: I can't take this...

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Goondolences. The steam version works ok tho. Also, the skeletons is the wrong way.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

They chopped GFWL out of it, but you still have to jump hoops for it to make the graphics not look like farts.

I payed $20 for Dark Souls, had fun until the levels sent me into lava caves, and got bored. I got my money's worth, but the locations around that lovely tree boss felt dull enough for me to lose my curiosity.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Uh

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Orstein and Smough is such a good boss fight. Maybe the best.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plan Z posted:

They chopped GFWL out of it, but you still have to jump hoops for it to make the graphics not look like farts.

I payed $20 for Dark Souls, had fun until the levels sent me into lava caves, and got bored. I got my money's worth, but the locations around that lovely tree boss felt dull enough for me to lose my curiosity.

I don't think you understood what he wrote there.

People who ask for tips n tricks before they even play are the worst... It doesn't take a genius to figure out a video game. Although I'm really bad at most games I play so maybe I'm just retard with a fried computer brain and also stubborn

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Plan Z posted:

lmfao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The boys are back in town.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

e: dumb

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 30, 2015

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plan Z posted:

:cheerdoge: :shibe:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

The boys are back in town.
Tonight there's gonna be a failpost
Somewhere in the Zone

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

source your quotes!!

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Plan Z posted:

Congratulations, you managed to discover a better game than Dark Souls: "Dark Souls but you stop playing after beating Anor Londo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Holy poo poo, gas.

• Locked thread