Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
From the few chapters of Oshiete! Gyaruko-chan I've read that are scanlated, it could be a pretty funny show. Also it's missing from the OP Lucy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Allarion posted:

Also it's missing from the OP Lucy.

It's not, it's just translated

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Polsy posted:

It's not, it's just translated

Ah, never mind then

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looks like a good season for comedies. I'm particularly looking forward to Dagashi Kashi.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Given I like P.A. Works, I'll probably check out their show at some point.

Also, this thread title will be dated soon!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Thanks again for always handling these threads, Lucy.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
A-1 Pictures | Itou, Tomohiko | Psychological, Seinen, Supernatural | Jan 8, 2016
Struggling manga author Satoru Fujinuma is beset by his fear to express himself. However, he has a supernatural ability of being forced to prevent deaths and catastrophes by being sent back in time before the incident occurred, repeating time until the accident is prevented. One day, he gets involved in an accident that has him framed as a murderer. Desperate to save the victim, he sends himself back in time only to find himself as a grade-schooler one month before fellow classmate Kayo Hinazuki went missing. Satoru now embarks on a new quest: to save Kayo and solve the mystery behind her disappearance.
Links: N/A

DoubleDonut's AOTS:
Dagashi Kashi
Feel | Takayanagi, Shigehito | Comedy, Shounen | N/A
Shikada Kokonotsu's father owns a rural sweets shop, and his plan is for Kokonotsu to take it over one day. However, Kokonotsu wants to be a manga author instead! One day in summer, the cute but weird girl Shidare Hotaru, from the famous sweets company, comes to pay a visit. Apparently, Kokonotsu's father is famous and she wants him to join her family's company. However, he will only agree if she can convince Kokonotsu to take over the family business!

Dimension W
Studio 3Hz | Kamei, Kanta | Sci-Fi, Seinen | N/A
In the year 2072, the world's energy problems seem solved by a network of cross-dimensional electric-field inductors—"coils"—that extract energy from a seemingly infinite source. That source is the W dimension, a fourth plane that exists beyond the X, Y, and Z dimensions. In this world, unofficial "illegal" coils harness powers that the police can't hope to counter. Dealing with these coils is the job of coil-hating repo man Kyoma, whose run-in with the unique coil android Mira leads the two to form a reluctant partnership.

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
Studio Shuka | N/A | Action, Mystery, Supernatural | Jan 9, 2016
The story takes place in a downtown of Tokyo, Ikebukuro. Teenage punks gang up and fight against each other. The gangsters are afraid of an urban legend "Dullahan" headless rider, who rides a black motorcycle without head lights nor sounds of engine. Ryuugamine Mikado is a normal high school boy who seeks peculiar beings. When he moves in to Ikebukuro, a mad scramble for Dullahan's missing head breaks out. Third and final cours of the second Durarara!! season.

Snow White with the Red Hair 2
Bones | Ando, Masahiro | Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo | N/A
Second season of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime.
Will check out each of these in time. I'm pretty behind on a bunch of stuff though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What DO we know about Macross Delta? Last I heard they were holding auditions. By this time Frontier already had a synopsis, character designs, and even the first episode aired way ahead of time as a preview.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Speaking of which, Concrete Revolutio should be added to the leftovers, it's still running another 13 episodes.

Done.

Also no siren updates until page 3 or 4 or so.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Hmmm, I think the rakugo show looks interesting.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Same.

I hope there's a Jugemu recitation at one point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One day I want to make a piece of media where a character is named the whole Jugemu.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

yeah but its josei which already implies a low budget combined with deen animation. it will probably look horrible :(

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

One day I want to make a piece of media where a character is named the whole Jugemu.

It doesn't count unless you put the whole name in the credits.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

test...

:) :) :) :) :)

Edit:
Bah, not enough. I think I will replace the sirens with something not animated.

Edit 2:
It really looks like poo poo on mobile phones... Maybe this will work: Hmmm...

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 28, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Just use this:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm down for more shirayuki and zen stories

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gifs look bad on mobile right now, especially on Awful for android if you don't have them set to auto load.

Regardless of the size they're a grey rectangle labeled GIF

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Oh, gross.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're fine on my iOS.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fangz posted:

Is that a vagina in her armpits

Once I'm done with it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Durarara should get sirens because I am excited for it and I bet it will be very good.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Unless they patched it this will fool the awful app into loading a gif:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

.jpg posted:

Unless they patched it this will fool the awful app into loading a gif:

Works for my Android phone.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

They're fine on my iOS.

Is the current OP ok on iOS?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

It chugs and then crashes on my ipad:v:. That's third in line for how i browse this place anyway, so it's not a big deal. For me personally in any case.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Looks fine to me

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

a kitten posted:

It chugs and then crashes on my ipad:v:. That's third in line for how i browse this place anyway, so it's not a big deal. For me personally in any case.

Woah. Crashes are bad.

Allarion posted:

Looks fine to me

Oh great, different things happen for the same OS.

I love how strange stuff happens in software if you do something slightly unusual.

it is.

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 29, 2015

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

a kitten posted:

Do you have embed video links turned on? There's a bunch in the second post that will slow everything down if they're being embedded

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

.jpg posted:

Do you have embed video links turned on? There's a bunch in the second post that will grind slow everything down if they're being embedded

I do actually, i bet that's exactly what it is.

E: i'm in the awful iOS app, whatever it's called. Might be fine through chrome.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Oh, ok.

Should I replace the embedded videos with links?

Edit:
gently caress it. I just won't use more than 20 regular emoticon :siren:. That should work everywhere.

My fav icon in chrome is also doing something strange for a moment when loading the current OP.

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 29, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is the longest watch list I have ever made for a season thread jesus christ
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi - reading it, kinda wish I hadn't now tbh because I'd love to watch this with no idea how it ends
Dimension W - reading it, super excited to watch it
Snow White with the Red Hair 2 - First season was great! (also can't forget the OVA)
the rest of Haikyu!! - :yeah:
Ojisan to Marshmallow - gonna be so cute :3:
the rest of IBO - I finally got hooked on the first season
Doukyuusei - have been waiting for this movie for SO LONG holy crap. I love this manga series. Here's a PV.
Kono Danshi, Mahou ga Oshigoto Desu. - already watched the rest of the Kono Danshi series so I know what to expect here
Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru - PV looked cute I guess, dunno. It's a maybe.
Prince of Stride: Alternative - like I would skip a show with cute boys doing a sport
Rainbow Days - a thing I've been meaning to read so I'll watch it instead
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu- I haven't read the source manga but really like other stuff by the same author so I'm hoping this one will be a good adaption

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised that there's no posts on the first page saying that this is going to be a bad season. The curse has been broken...

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

I'm surprised that there's no posts on the first page saying that this is going to be a bad season. The curse has been broken...

ViggyNash posted:

Man this is a really bland season. There's a lot of bandwagon crap along with the usual array of generic trash. And then there's Ajin's lovely CG. Cross your fingers and hope there's more than a few pleasant surprises.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Goddamnit Viggy why you gotta ruin everything.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Haha guess I was wrong, three more months of bad posting.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Since the Winter season is starting soon that means it is time for me to start watching shows from Fall.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Twiddy posted:

Goddamnit Viggy why you gotta ruin everything.

The one season that I don't think is pretty solid...

Also, I guess I'm sold on Dagashi Kashi as long as goes super hard on the cheese.

I don't get why so many people seem interested in Active Raid though, It sounds like a bad GiTS ripoff. I would watch the PV but it's not available in my country apparently. :shrug:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Active Raid is being directed by Goro Taniguchi, predominately of Geass fame but he has directed a bunch of other good stuff, most recently Maria the Virgin Witch. He just has a pretty solid track record so I feel that show is a safe bet.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

ViggyNash posted:

I don't get why so many people seem interested in Active Raid though, It sounds like a bad GiTS ripoff. I would watch the PV but it's not available in my country apparently. :shrug:

I didn't realize Ghost in the Shell was supposed to be a tokusatsu series. Nor that Masamune Shirow had a copyright on law enforcement units fighting crime. :v:

Honestly, I just don't see any reason to reach that particular conclusion. Perhaps reading the description in complete isolation from everything else about the show might give you such strange ideas, but neither the key visual nor the teaser trailer support that assumption. It's like how people thought Maria the Virgin Witch was going to be an annoying sex comedy full of cheap fanservice based on nothing but the plot summary (and the name itself, I guess).

PS: Here's a dailymotion link too, since apparently the Youtube video is blocked in certain places as a result of Youtube Red's introduction.

wielder fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
A dark cyberpunk future in which a special Public Security unit does badass things in neo-Japan? It sounds pretty GiTS-y to me. The released images do tell a different story but the description sounds similar enough to put me off.

As for the PV, thanks for linking it but it didn't say much of anything except its character designs are pretty generic, and after Gatchaman the robo-suit design looks kinda bland.

As for the Maria the Virgin Witch comparison, I thought the description sounded pretty neat, although the name did confuse me.

• Locked thread