Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
A truly desolate season, the only thing I'm curious about is Bubuki Buranki, which I know nothing about. I read Dimension W but it doesn't seem worth watching animated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dagashi Kashi will own and I'll watch Durarara too.

That's it though because I'm boring.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I'm unironically looking forward to the vaporwave idol anime

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Huh, don't have much this season myself. Only really interested in Active Raid, Dimension W, and that Muv-Luv thing. Dunno if I'll need to have watched Macross Frontier for Delta (given I'm like the one person who hasn't seen it), but I guess I'll poke that. And then there's Gundam and Concrete Revolutio.

Of course in the Summer I ended up watching like five more shows than planned due to comments here soooooo who knows.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The Devil Tesla posted:

I'm surprised that there's no posts on the first page saying that this is going to be a bad season. The curse has been broken...

This looks like a decidedly average Winter Season. And the "surprise enjoyable comedy" award seems locked up already.

clamp down and keep going
Jun 19, 2013
Fall season turned out pretty good the shows I planned on watching all turned out really good and, while I dropped both shows in the "if time allows" column, they were replaced with two other really good shows.

As for Winter season,
Watching:
Dagashi Kashi - From what little I know of the series it looks good.
Myriad Colors Phantom World - Its a Kyoani show
Snow White with the Red Hair 2 - Second season of a very good show

Interested if time allows:
Ojisan to Marshmallow - Don't know much about it and I rarely watch shorts but sounds like my kind of show.

Continuing:
Haikyuu!!
Concrete Revolutio

clamp down and keep going fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 30, 2015

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

ViggyNash posted:

A dark cyberpunk future in which a special Public Security unit does badass things in neo-Japan? It sounds pretty GiTS-y to me. The released images do tell a different story but the description sounds similar enough to put me off.

I don't see much in terms of "darkness" in that future at the moment , not even when it comes to the color palette, nor does the general environment seem to be aiming for cyberpunk either.

The special law enforcement unit in Active Raid is literally going to be called the Special Public Security Fifth Division's Third Mobile Assault Eighth Unit, also known simply as "the Eighth" to avoid repeating that whole thing. To give you an useful point of comparison, Dai-Guard had a similarly ridiculously named unit with the 21st Century Defense Security Corporation's Public Relations Division 2 and that show is certainly nothing like Ghost in the Shell. This doesn't mean it will be good or bad, not necessarily, but just something you shouldn't approach with those curiously unsupported expectations in mind.

And yes, I've already acknowledged that the PV doesn't say much right now, which is why it's more of a teaser trailer than anything else. The first trailer for Maria wasn't too informative either. I am indifferent to the character designs at this time, but the main character's attitude (the website describes him as a guy with a black belt who can be rude and does things at his own pace) combined with the theme song tend to suggest there will be a superheroic mood rather than a brooding atmosphere. More T&B, less GITS.

wielder fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Nov 29, 2015

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i will watch Luck and Logic this season, as it looks like its going to be half moe girl simulator and half bad cg background simulator. I'm also gonna watch Spice and Wolf because I've been meaning to for a while. Will also finish Sakurako's Investigation, even if the rest of the episodes are boring and Not Good.

also when does Persona 3 #3 come out? A friend of mine is loaning his DVD for 1 and I can watch #2 on netflix so I'll be caught up by then.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Hype level - HIGH
:siren: Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hakkei
:siren: Dagashi Kashi
:siren: Dimension W
:siren: Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
:siren: Macross Δ
:siren: Snow White with the Red Hair 2

Hype level - MODERATE
:siren: Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
:siren: Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru
:siren: Myriad Colors Phantom World
:siren: Ojisan to Marshmallow
:siren: Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

This is subject to change, of course. Even during the season.

The OP also has both Japanese and English titles now. I just didn't have time to add them until now.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Uhhh... Ajin looks lovely, but less lovely than expected. There is a loving No Game No Life ripoff. Why is nobody interested in AssClass Season 2? Also: This seems like a bad season for poor Dark Titsanime. Looks like there is only Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut that has ecchi as genre.

Anyways, here are my lists:

Full shows:
Active Raid
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Dagashi Kashi
Haruchika
Phantom World
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

Short shows:
Ojisan to Marshmallow
Sushi Police

gently caress, I need more comedies. I hope at least one of those is good:
Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara.
Ooya-san wa Shishunki!
Please tell me! GALKO-chan

Maybe I will like these:
Bubuki Buranki
Dimension W

Huh, I guess I will end up with 6-7 full length shows as always.

Edit:
And I will keep watching IBO and Osomatsu.

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 29, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you should put down osomatsu-san as a fall leftover since its getting a double cour

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Davincie posted:

you should put down osomatsu-san as a fall leftover since its getting a double cour

done. thanks.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
Lerche | Ando, Masaomi | Action, Ecchi, Fantasy, Harem, Romance, School, Supernatural | N/A
Lux, a former prince of an empire named Arcadia that was overthrown via a rebellion five years earlier. Lux accidentally trespasses in a female dormitory's bathing area, sees the kingdom's new princess Lisesharte naked, and incurs her wrath. Lisesharte then challenges Lux to a Drag-Ride duel. Drag-Rides are ancient armored mechanical weapons that have been excavated from ruins all around the world. Lux used to be called the strongest Drag-Knight, but now he's known as the "undefeated weakest" Drag-Knight because he will absolutely not attack in battle. After his duel with Lisesharte, Lux ends up attending the female-only academy that trains royals to be Drag-Knights.
Links: N/A

Oh hey, I guess the Failed Asterisk Knight thread will still have something to talk about.

That said, the only thing I really care about checking out right now is

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

DoubleDonut's AOTS:
:siren: Dagashi Kashi :siren:
Feel | Takayanagi, Shigehito | Comedy, Shounen | N/A
Shikada Kokonotsu's father owns a rural sweets shop, and his plan is for Kokonotsu to take it over one day. However, Kokonotsu wants to be a manga author instead! One day in summer, the cute but weird girl Shidare Hotaru, from the famous sweets company, comes to pay a visit. Apparently, Kokonotsu's father is famous and she wants him to join her family's company. However, he will only agree if she can convince Kokonotsu to take over the family business!
Links: N/A

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

quote:

Uhhh... Ajin looks lovely, but less lovely than expected. There is a loving No Game No Life ripoff. Why is nobody interested in AssClass Season 2?

I'm interested in AssClass Season 2! I just generally don't bother listing all the sequels and continuing shows I plan to watch because I figure everyone knows if they're good or not.

Gonna watch AssClass, Durarara, Osumatsu, Concretio, IBO, and whatever. Probably the snack show, nothing else really stands out to me so far.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am excited for Akito 5 so that at last I will be free

Other than that I dunno, I'll see what people grab onto

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Uhhh... Ajin looks lovely, but less lovely than expected. There is a loving No Game No Life ripoff. Why is nobody interested in AssClass Season 2?

AssClass 1 was good?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Agronox posted:

AssClass 1 was good?

It was alright. There's maybe like 5 kids worth remembering out of the entire class though.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Maaaaaan. I was pumped for the Marshmallow Ojisan and I don't know why. Only a short show thing huh? Oh well, I'm sure I'll find something this season.

I came around on season 1 of AssClass a bit but I liked that show way more when it was being comedy and not all..oh these kids are actually getting SUPER GREAT AT KILLING. Haha I just like the happier type stuff I guess in that.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The namtab pick of the season, as mentioned, is nurse witch komugi-chan R

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Aijin will be bad, because the mang is bad

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Is that a reboot of a spinoff of incredibly forgettable anime Soul Taker? How nostalgic.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I don't expect Komugi-chan to be good at all, but I'm going to watch it because the original show was really dumb and I'm kinda vaguely nostalgic about it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Plan to Watch
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Bubuki Buranki
Dagashi Kashi
Dimension W
Myriad Colors Phantom World
Prince of Stride: Alternative
Sushi Police - The animation looks good and it seem eerily like something that might be made by Dreamworks or some US studio
Please tell me! GALKO-chan

Three Episode Test
Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - Set up seems generic, but the backgrounds in the PV look gorgeous
Luck & Logic
Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara.
Ooya-san wa Shishunki!
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Ojisan to Marshmallow
Sekkou Boys

The lack of moe and healing feels bad, hopefully something here will turn out fine.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Clarste posted:

Is that a reboot of a spinoff of incredibly forgettable anime Soul Taker? How nostalgic.

The spinoff was better than the original anime in every way. For one thing, I can actually remember what it was about.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Agronox posted:

AssClass 1 was good?
The AssClass manga is good. Don't know how that transfers to the anime.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Clarste posted:

Holy poo poo I remember Soul Taker.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All I know about Nurse Witch Komugi is this nearly decade old AMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG7CobZ04a4

I'll be checking it out because I hope it retains an early-2000s attitude about everything.

I want to feel like I just bought some DVD of a show that wasn't on Toonami at Best Buy and I don't know anything about it and it's really weird but also kinda awesome.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 30, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The reason no one watched AssClass is because it was directed by the forever bland and derivative Seiji Kishi. That he made Angel Beats and HHD still boggles my mind.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Has Chiaki Kon ever been an asset as a director to a show she made? Because I remember one of the biggest problems with Golden Time being the aggressively bad direction.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think AssClass is just the sort of thing where the manga is already great and an anime adaptation as standard as the one it has isn't a high viewing priority, since it adds little.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I've been reading Boku Dake ga Inai Machi for some time now, and it will very likely be a very good show based off what I know from the manga. It's a bit of a mystery story, so if you haven't read the manga, don't spoil the story for yourself. I will say that I had a strong suspicion for who the main culprit was all along, though.

Gotta say though. Some guy "accidentally" seeing a girl either under-dressed or outright naked is so amazingly rare in anime. It's refreshing to see this story-scenario being used this season for once. Also, we know it's such an incredibly common occurrence in real life, I'm just surprised the scenario not used more often in anime.

Especially if the girl is a princess or somewhat. I mean, it just happened to me the other day. I was accidentally in an area with semi-clad princesses. Truly amazing how easy it is to wander into these princess bathing areas. Really. I got challenged to some kind of duel or something and I won the challenge. We're getting married in June.

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
Might want to change the classification for Macross Δ in the list as what we're really getting is only the completed first episode preview of the series. The show itself doesn't really start till the Spring season 2016.

They did the same thing with Frontier back in '06.

Stumbling Block fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 30, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dan7el posted:

I've been reading Boku Dake ga Inai Machi for some time now, and it will very likely be a very good show based off what I know from the manga. It's a bit of a mystery story, so if you haven't read the manga, don't spoil the story for yourself. I will say that I had a strong suspicion for who the main culprit was all along, though.

Gotta say though. Some guy "accidentally" seeing a girl either under-dressed or outright naked is so amazingly rare in anime. It's refreshing to see this story-scenario being used this season for once. Also, we know it's such an incredibly common occurrence in real life, I'm just surprised the scenario not used more often in anime.

Especially if the girl is a princess or somewhat. I mean, it just happened to me the other day. I was accidentally in an area with semi-clad princesses. Truly amazing how easy it is to wander into these princess bathing areas. Really. I got challenged to some kind of duel or something and I won the challenge. We're getting married in June.

:neckbeard: congratulations :neckbeard:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Stumbling Block posted:

Might want to change the classification for Macross Δ in the list as what we're really getting is only the completed first episode preview of the series. The show itself doesn't really start till the Spring season 2016.

Aha! It did seem suspiciously early.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Has Chiaki Kon ever been an asset as a director to a show she made? Because I remember one of the biggest problems with Golden Time being the aggressively bad direction.
higurashi's direction was pretty striking. it had some bad spots/goofy close-ups but it also had some really, really effective shots.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Waffleman_ posted:

All I know about Nurse Witch Komugi is this nearly decade old AMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG7CobZ04a4

I'll be checking it out because I hope it retains an early-2000s attitude about everything.

I want to feel like I just bought some DVD of a show that wasn't on Toonami at Best Buy and I don't know anything about it and it's really weird but also kinda awesome.

miko miko nurse miko miko nurse miko miko nurse miko miko nurse miko miko nurse miko miko nurse miko miko nurse miko miko nurse miko miko nurse

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Stumbling Block posted:

Was gonna say. That makes a lot more sense.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ViggyNash posted:

The reason no one watched AssClass is because it was directed by the forever bland and derivative Seiji Kishi. That he made Angel Beats and HHD still boggles my mind.

Seiji Kishi did good with Carnival Phantasm. That combined with the pretty good comedy in P4 makes me think that he's actually a good comedy director that somehow keeps getting put on non-comedy projects.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Waffleman_ posted:

Seiji Kishi did good with Carnival Phantasm. That combined with the pretty good comedy in P4 makes me think that he's actually a good comedy director that somehow keeps getting put on non-comedy projects.

rear end Class is a pretty decent show, and Kishi did a good job for what it is.

Kishi's worst problem actually, is that he keeps getting jobs where he adapts things and they don't give him enough episodes so he has to crunch a billion things into a short running time and it turns out lifeless and dull as a result. DanganRonpa and Devil Survivor should have been 24 epsiodes series, but they weren't and nobody could have made anything good from those properties in the time given. Hamatora was just downright poo poo though.

I'll agree though, he's at his A game when doing comedy. HHD, Persona 4, and My Bride is a Mermaid are all fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Black Stones posted:

rear end Class is a pretty decent show, and Kishi did a good job for what it is.

Kishi's worst problem actually, is that he keeps getting jobs where he adapts things and they don't give him enough episodes so he has to crunch a billion things into a short running time and it turns out lifeless and dull as a result. DanganRonpa and Devil Survivor should have been 24 epsiodes series, but they weren't and nobody could have made anything good from those properties in the time given. Hamatora was just downright poo poo though.

I'll agree though, he's at his A game when doing comedy. HHD, Persona 4, and My Bride is a Mermaid are all fantastic.

Devil Survivor should've had jokes.

• Locked thread