Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

TheCool69 posted:

UFC just released first fights for London card next February

Bisping vs Mousasi

lmao

EmmyOk posted:

Ok I have an absolute rake of recommendations now. I just gave some of them my FightPass login and copy pasted the responses people gave into a list! I have also been getting them excited for a fight between a man who loves America too much and a white trash Greek god.

Along these lines, you shouldn't show people Edgar/Maynard III unless you're first going to show them Edgar/Maynard II and then the promo where everybody picks who they think won, and also you shouldn't show them Bisping/Hendo unless you're going to have them sit through half the TUF season of Bisping shittalking and becoming increasingly unlikeable before being turned into a metaphor for american foreign policy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rockhold watching Weidman/Belfort

https://streamable.com/byva

fatherdog posted:

Along these lines, you shouldn't show people Edgar/Maynard III unless you're first going to show them Edgar/Maynard II and then the promo where everybody picks who they think won, and also you shouldn't show them Bisping/Hendo unless you're going to have them sit through half the TUF season of Bisping shittalking and becoming increasingly unlikeable before being turned into a metaphor for american foreign policy

Sounds like a plan! Though for Bisping Hendo I'll just tell them Bisping is aggressively English and history does the rest.

e: Though the politics is long since quietened "Anyone But England" still exists in all sports

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 1, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a top 100 all time banter session from Bisping though. People are still angry about it and it's like 6 years or so ago now?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
My favorite is when a white fighter comments on Bisping being whiter than a bandaid, Bisping thinks a black fighter made the joke, then throws poo poo at the black fighter and complains about racism.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iBsYEtVNGbM

Dan Henderson is a national treasure. :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

drat, Hendo was 38 when he sparked Bisping. That's a trip.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Anderson Aldo

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
That Death Star looking flag in b&w though. Just in time for the new movie.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

EmmyOk posted:

Anderson Aldo

Maybe at this point they're playing the long con. That by flooding the market with intentional comical misprints, they're creating collectors items that will have significant value once they're out of print, or that people will just buy blindly so they can laugh at Jose McGregor, Dutch Jiu Jitsu Champion when they get it in the mail.

That has to be it. There's just no way a company this big can have such poor quality control.

Pelleas
Apr 24, 2005
I take it you have never worked for a big company before. I bet some manager was assigned to the project that has no idea what the UFC is and only sees it as an opportunity to move onto the next job promotion.

mewse
May 2, 2006

My son is also named Giblert

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Pelleas posted:

I take it you have never worked for a big company before. I bet some manager was assigned to the project that has no idea what the UFC is and only sees it as an opportunity to move onto the next job promotion.

And I'm sure the best path to that promotion is to gently caress everything up relentlessly, including key things that only a UFC fan would know such as how to spell "flexibility."

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

I know a place in Calgary that serves this but I wasn't quick ready to drop 25 bucks on cold cuts. But I mean, poo poo, Mighty Mouse can splurge all he wants. I remember reading a UFC mag a few years back where he said that his favourite coffee joint in Seattle was Starbucks so him developing a taste for cool expensive stuff is only a good thing.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Reebok shirts are only right maybe 15% of the time but I always to love to see what they come up with.

Pelleas
Apr 24, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

And I'm sure the best path to that promotion is to gently caress everything up relentlessly, including key things that only a UFC fan would know such as how to spell "flexibility."

I think they just assumed that UFC fans can't read or spell...which is a fair assessment.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The design of the shirt sucks event outside of the typo.
It's amazing how consistently they gently caress it up.

Surprised he's got a black shirt considering he's not champ. Does that only apply to fight kit?

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Anderson Aldo

Link please? (Unless it got pulled by Reebok) I will buy this and wear it the next time I watch a fight.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

Rockhold watching Weidman/Belfort

https://streamable.com/byva

haha he calls the fight as soon as Weidman gets the takedown.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not sure I'd seen the end of Vitor vs Weidman before but that streamable makes it look like the ref left it pretty late to stop it.

I'm sure Vitor's not going to get a lot of sympathy on that front but there was no getting out of that mount for him.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm not sure I'd seen the end of Vitor vs Weidman before but that streamable makes it look like the ref left it pretty late to stop it.

I'm sure Vitor's not going to get a lot of sympathy on that front but there was no getting out of that mount for him.

Vitor was actively trying to punch himself out of mount so no concern warranted

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dogbrisket posted:

Link please? (Unless it got pulled by Reebok) I will buy this and wear it the next time I watch a fight.

http://www.reebok.com/us/anderson_silva

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

colonel_korn posted:

Which is fascinating, because the previous time Vitor was on his back against a wrestler he almost broke Jon Jones' arm. Shows that Rockhold respects Weidman's ground game.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

The Anderson Aldo shirt is gone :sigh:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

EmmyOk posted:

Anderson Aldo

I don't follow stick and ball sports but I like to think this poo poo just doesn't happen at all in the NFL, MLB, and the NBA.

Reebok just suits MMA with how janky it is and I love it.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Dogbrisket posted:

The Anderson Aldo shirt is gone :sigh:

It'll be on eBay for $500 tomorrow.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
It has to be on purpose at some point

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

colonel_korn posted:

He called Vitor a smart fighter.

lol.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Disgusting Coward posted:

He called Vitor a smart fighter.

lol.

he was talking about weidman

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Skip My Posts posted:

he was talking about weidman

no, he wasn't

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
An Asian fight promotion based in South Korea (Road FC) is jumping into the bidding for Benson Henderson. They stated publicly that they would pay him $200,000 per fight. He was making 48/48 (plus $15,000 from Reebok) with the UFC.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

-Atom- posted:

no, he wasn't

oh jesus

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Let him walk

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
"vitor is a tactician, he's a smart fighter" yeah all right

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Historically, he is a "smart" fighter.

1. Juice until you're more artificial growth hormone than human because you can get away with it.
2. Win

Now he can't do 1 so easy, 2 isn't too easy either unless he's fighting someone who should have retired a long time ago.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
It was anounced that Big John is handling Aldo vs McGregor and Herd Dean is doing Weidman vs Rockhold.

Derek Cleary, Sal D’Amato, and Junichiro Kamijo will score Aldo vs. McGregor
Adalaide Byrd, Chris Lee and Marcos Rosales will score Weidman vs. Rockhold.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

henkman posted:

"vitor is a tactician, he's a smart fighter" yeah all right

Vitor is smart in that he knows he has a round and a half to win the fight before he turns to poo poo and gives up.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators
Methylated Testosterone
Androgen Anabolic Steroids
Recombinant Human Growth Hormone
Testosterone Cypionate

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators
Methylated Testosterone