Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

If I pay a bit more could I get a shovel without all the stupid UFC poo poo on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Adalaide Byrd

uh oh

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Maybe he's just trying to avoid people making GBS threads on him for insulting the guy who kicked his head completely off.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

On the plus side, Weidman vs Rockhold will probably get a finish so she might be making some easy money.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

They should probably use it to bury all those reebok shirts they will never sell.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Are they selling the shovel Dana used to bury Stitch Duran?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I think the ufc encourage the picking of awful judges. They want finishes not decisions and what better way to go about that than make the fighters dread it going to the judges.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
If they had any input on things like that whatsoever steve mazzagatti would never ref again

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The UFC on multiple occasions have paid out win bonuses to losing fighters because company and public opinion so unanimously felt the scores were eggregious. I don't think they are deliberately choosing bad judges and then spending more money because of it.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Didn't Shogun get his win money after the first Machida fight because Dana disagreed with the decision?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
They definitely payed Pearson his win bonus for the Sanchez fight.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sean Spencer got both his win and show money after the Cathal Pendred robbery too.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

henkman posted:

If they had any input on things like that whatsoever steve mazzagatti would never ref again

Dana insulting mazzagatti is very funny to me

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Dana: it's nothing personal but he's a dumb piece of poo poo and i want him to lose his job

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

RDA is an interim champion. From Jeremy Botter's twitter

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
You may also like:

- a large pile of poo poo
- face tumors
- the official UFC hot dog brander

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators
Methylated Testosterone
Androgen Anabolic Steroids
Recombinant Human Growth Hormone
Testosterone Cypionate
True Revival Time

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Adalaide Bird judging a fight that will likely be a very technical battle on the feet and on the ground is just absurd to the point of comedy. I hope that somebody puts a "TATTOO = WEIDMAN" post it on her scorecard.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

- the official UFC hot dog brander

I love that this is a real thing.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Adalaide Bird judging a fight that will likely be a very technical battle on the feet and on the ground is just absurd to the point of comedy. I hope that somebody puts a "TATTOO = WEIDMAN" post it on her scorecard.

Realistically, she's probably not any worse than Sal D'Amato, who is judging the similarly technical Aldo vs. McGregor. Fortunately for those two at least, they have Junichiro Kamijo, who was the only judge mentally competent enough to realize Nam Phan beat Leonard Garcia the first time.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
As bad as this is, it's not as bad as when Marc Ratner sends Sal D'Amato overseas to judge fights on purpose. At least NSAC has the excuse of dumb bureaucracy and nepotism.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Who are the good judges and who are the bad ones?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the only good MMA judge died, rip Blatnick

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The only good judge is the lord god & he makes his judgement known by rewarding the faithful with success in their fights. The worst judge is Mike Judge, who's film Idiocracy was disturbingly classist.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
Matt Hume had a system which kept him pretty consistent. While not perfect, at least he can backup his decisions afterward. That's the biggest piece that annoys the public anyway; when judges can't or don't explain their decisions.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

EmmyOk posted:

When I think of bad judges, I think of three people.

Cecil Peoples - Noted hater of leg kicks. Probably able to shoot a hadouken because his ki is strong.
Adalaide Bird - Probably actually blind. The Bo Jackson of combat sports judging since she also fucks up in boxing.
Doug Crosby - Openly admitted to not following the Unifed Rules of MMA. Will probably end up murdered by Longo and eaten by Serra.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Was it Crosby who had that his were appearance on Chael's show? That was remarkable listening.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Doug Crosby is cool because he trolled Chael on his podcast

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

EmmyOk posted:

James Clark McReynolds is almost inarguably the worst

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Holy gently caress, this month. Three title fights, one I've been waiting to see for over a year, one where I hope both guys die and one that cannot possibly be boring.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
McReynolds openly reads a newspaper at ringside when Noad Lahat fights

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I can't recall hearing from Cecil Peoples for a while now, as either a judge or a referee.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I don't hear Tony weeks name brought up much, which for a judge I guess is a good thing

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

When I think of bad judges, I think of three people.

Cecil Peoples - Noted hater of leg kicks. Probably able to shoot a hadouken because his ki is strong.
Adalaide Bird - Probably actually blind. The Bo Jackson of combat sports judging since she also fucks up in boxing.
Doug Crosby - Openly admitted to not following the Unifed Rules of MMA. Will probably end up murdered by Longo and eaten by Serra.

cecil peoples is a karate guy or something so he's usually pretty good when it's all stand up. just very terrible whenever a fight hits the ground. i'm pretty sure the leg kick thing is made up.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Foul Fowl posted:

cecil peoples is a karate guy or something so he's usually pretty good when it's all stand up. just very terrible whenever a fight hits the ground. i'm pretty sure the leg kick thing is made up.

I've actually said this for ages; Peoples is good at judging standup he's just terrible whenever a fight goes to the ground. And yes, the leg kick thing is made up.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Fuckin love the Cecil Peoples round start

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Cecil Peoples does legitimately have the best round start move and or catch phrase.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Mario Yamasaki's modified Bieber Heart would like a word.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

fighter are you ready? fighter are you ready? LESGEDDYAAAUN, C'MAUWN

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Handle your business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Mario Yamasaki's modified Bieber Heart would like a word.
that it's terrible and embarrassing for a 50 something year old man, but not intentionally comedic

• Locked thread