Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?

Motronic posted:

You can turn it off.

I truly did not think of this.

After your post I unplugged the humidifier (the big black power cable) and then waited to see what would happen. I have a thermometer / humidity sensor (govee) in the living room where the thermostat is, and another one of those in the back bedroom, plus a third (thermopro) in the master bedroom. The back bedroom sensor shows a pattern that the temperature and humidity rise and fall together, but in the living room the humidity drops as the temperature rises (and vice versa). The master bedroom has the same pattern as the back bedroom, but it's not as pronounced of a match.

What's up with that, and does it provide useful information in terms of having everything level out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I truly did not think of this.

After your post I unplugged the humidifier (the big black power cable) and then waited to see what would happen. I have a thermometer / humidity sensor (govee) in the living room where the thermostat is, and another one of those in the back bedroom, plus a third (thermopro) in the master bedroom. The back bedroom sensor shows a pattern that the temperature and humidity rise and fall together, but in the living room the humidity drops as the temperature rises (and vice versa). The master bedroom has the same pattern as the back bedroom, but it's not as pronounced of a match.

What's up with that, and does it provide useful information in terms of having everything level out?

Sounds like your house doesn't have great airflow, and perhaps the leakiest sport from the outside is the living room so makeup air is being pulled through doors of windows in there. Relative humidity is going to fall as air warms, and pulling cold air from the outside and warming it up will decrease the measured relative humidity without removing a single drop of water from the air (that's the relative part).

Bedrooms will also hang onto humidity because of big sponges in them (mattresses) so it can take days to meaningfully impact humidity in either direction.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

not HVAC but there’s ducts so I suppose it counts but I finally installed a panasonic exhaust fan and wired it to a timer switch and gd it’s quiet lol

even on 110cfm in my tiny bathroom it’s quieter than the original that was just venting into my attic lol

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Yeah, its nice that Broan and others have finally got around to updating fan designs that have not changed since the last time we went to the moon.