Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
At this point, I'd consider climbing Everest and leaving your pampered first-world carcass to rot in a crevasse is comparable to littering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

www posted:

you are so loving dead dude

"I'm gonna live forever!"

-- RIP elwood 2016

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Each year something worse and worse happens on Everest until eventually it will just be hit by a large meteor

This year:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Random Hajile posted:

Year after year, Mt Everest continues to eat people for putting their lives at risk for asinine me-too bragging rights.

I'm betting that this is the year people fight back. Forty-two people will die heroically in the process of settingt off enough explosives at the summit to knock Everest off its perch as the world's tallest.

Then people will just try climbing K2 and instead of a half-dozen dead out of 100 it'll be 88 dead out of 100.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Nah because the sherpas aren't that loving stupid and so there will be no impoverished third-world brown people to enable wealthy Westerners with next to zero alpine experience. The main reason the Everest tourist climbing industry exists at all is because, once the Sherpas fix all the ropes in place, it's an easy climb that anyone in reasonably good physical shape can potentially perform, regardless of experience level. K2 is not that.

Good point. I amend my previous estimate to a 100% death rate.