Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I think these threads are cursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Each year something worse and worse happens on Everest until eventually it will just be hit by a large meteor

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

So that's where Green Boots went :tinfoil:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

SaNChEzZ posted:

A new thread, a good thread. I'm in for 9 this year in the death pool.

This is how it starts. Then in April we will have headlines "Millions killed when Mt Everest somehow detaches from the ground and becomes airborne, landing violently on a large metropolitan area"

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I wish that climbing K2 would become the "it" thing to do

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I will climb Everest on meth

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I would like to place a unique bet: that there is going to be another physical fight on the mountain this year. Someone is going to have their rear end(es) kicked on Mt. Everest. Bonus points if it's a tourist vs Sherpa throw down like the one that happened a few years back

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Mega64 posted:

Almost?

I'd love to hear the story behind this.

It was the Great Everest Brawl of April '13

http://www.outsideonline.com/1929351/everest-brawl-sherpas-tale

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

StoneOfShame posted:

Yeah Steck is probably the greatest climber since Messner and the whole story sounds like miscommunication mixing with very high tension and general resentment from Sherpas due to the way the tourists had been taking them for granted over the years. Steck certainly wouldn't treat Sherpas badly and just happened to piss them off when they were already ready to snap.

The whole thing sounds like people Kicking Each Others Asses on the loving highest mountain in the world you stupid bitch idiot

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Chris! posted:

I was climbing in the Tatras in Poland at the end of February, and the Polish people I was with were hard as nails and terrifyingly fearless.

I read this as "climbing the tatas"

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Can we talk about other disasters here, or is this mostly for idiots on mountains

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Picnic Princess posted:

There's a lot of snowmobile idiots where I live, they all go out as a huge group, and usually all hit the same slope at the same time, and then you get 5 people dying when an avalanche takes everyone in the group out.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/avalanche-deaths-of-5-snowmobilers-preventable-expert-says-1.3433105

Like how hard is it to take turns so that if an avalanche occurs there's multiple people available to dig the poor fucker out of it?

I have a feeling that this may be the intersection of snowmobiles and alcohol

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Well, this seems like as good a thread as any to point out that there was a man called Major Butts on the Titanic

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Microwaves Mom posted:

hahaha Did he go down with teh ship?

Sadly, Major Archibald Willingham Butt perished

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Why was my prediction not added to the OP :mad:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Rondette posted:

because I'm lazy. Hold up I'll do it now.

edit is it this one-

Double edit-

:siren: TIM MEDVITZ IS GOING UP AGAIN :siren:

http://theheroesproject.org/the-founder/

Yes, it was that one

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I lust for sick mountain battles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I want the next world war to be fought primarily in the Himalayas. I want hypoxic soldiers with modern weaponry to double the height of Everest with a mound of garbage, corpses and human feces