Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Results out of Night 2:

1. Deonna Purrazzo def. Crazy Mary Dobson with a step-over roll-up and her feet.
2. KOT: HeXed Men def. Major League Moustache after Wicked twisted Dasher's mask sideways and hit him with Never Wake Up.
3. Mark Angelosetti def. Missile Assault Man with the Colossal Bomb

Before the next match, Abominous Rex turned up in street attire via a side entrance. He grabbed Vlad in the ring and unmasked to reveal Max Smashmaster. Max threatened to break Vlad's jaw unless Quack gave him his job back. Quack tried to talk him down, but Max kept screaming at him to give him his job back, while insisting, "I'm a reasonable man!" Princess Kimberlee came out, and told Quack "Reinstate him, so I can finish what HE started." (Referring to attacking her back at the start of the season.) Quack agreed, and Max left out the side entrance as Oleg and Thunderfrog came out.

4. KOT: Warriors Three def. Team Original Divas Revolution after Kimberlee pinned Mickie James with a German Suplex.
5. RDV: Frightmare def. Tony Nese, Candice LaRae, Space Monkey. Monkey was first gone with a Nese pumphandle reverse piledriver. LaRae was next after Instant Death from Frightmare. Nese was last after a Kneecolepsy.
6. KOT: Team JWP def. The United Nations after Bolshoi reversed the Coronado Clutch into a pin. JFDC was furious and told Boar & Sabar "We are done!" UN came to the ring with the two winners of JFDC's "servant for a day" contest in the Conclave.
7. RDV: Aerostar def. Amasis, Johnny Gargano, Wani. Amasis was unable to continue after Frightmare attacked him on the floor. Wani kicked the leg outta Gargano's leg and hit his running neckbreaker to eliminate him. Wani was last gone after a slingshot double knee to the back from Aerostar.
8. KOT: Team Sendai Girls def. The Colony after Chisako tapped Silver to a cross armbreaker, reversing out of a kneebar. Excellent match and Sendai worked Silver's bad arm heavily.

Advancing to Night 3:

King of Trios: HeXed Men (Hallowicked, Icarus, Jigsaw), Warriors Three (Thunderfrog, Kimberlee, Oleg the Usurper), Team JWP (Command Bolshoi, Hanako Nakamori, Manami Katsu), Team Sendai Girls (Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako, Cassandra Miyagi)
Rey de Voladores: Frightmare vs Aerostar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Night 2 was solid beginning to end, except for a brief pause for Frightmare interfering in the Rey de Voladores match. I was on the other side of the ring and the match lost some momentum/coherence as a result.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Space Monkey's Chikara theme is amazing. Wani Wrestling.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

KungFu Grip posted:

Space Monkey's Chikara theme is amazing.

Yes.

quote:

Wani Wrestling.

Yes.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
This has been an excellent KOT so far. Reminds me a lot of 2012.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did they deliberately change the entrance setup so the ring is positioned like a Fire Pro game?

I really liked the hard camera setup for KOT 2012 in Easton, but every show in Easton since then has looked bad on film because of whatever they did to the seating configuration

edit: this looks not-good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwTAmhQQz2I

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
The 2012 setup had issues because there was limited front row seating. Everyone at that show was on only 2 sides of the ring. So, they make more money with all 4 sides having seats.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Results out of Night 3:

1. KOT: Team Sendai Girls def. Warriors Three when Satomura tapped Kimberlee to a cross armbreaker.
2. KOT: Team JWP def. HeXed Men via Excesivo de Castigo DQ when the HeXed Men hit Nakamori with all their finishers but kept pulling her up instead of pinning her.
3. Mark Angelosetti def. Arik Cannon with the Flea Flicker Codebreaker and the Colossal Bomb.
4. Tag Team Gauntlet:
- The first team out was Devastation Corporation. But then Sidney Bakabella came out, saying "We need to talk." He says they used to be his guys, they won King of Trios, they won the Campeonatos de Parejas, and now you're the first team out for the Tag Team Gauntlet? What happened to you? He says they started listening to the fans instead of to themselves, and threw his toupee at them, saying they got weak. Max Smashmaster snuck in behind Bakabella, then stood alongside Blaster and Flex, before turning on Blaster, dropping him with a Tombstone while Flex screamed at him. Bakabella and Max left, and then the second team came out...
4a. N_R_G def. Dev Corp in short order as they pinned Blaster's carcass. This got big boos for N_R_G.
4b. Big Deal Security (Rick Roland & Sloan Caprice) def. N_R_G after hitting the Deal Breaker (combination World's Strongest Slam & Hart Attack Powerbomb)
4c. Gentleman's Club (Drew Gulak & Orange Cassidy) def. Big Deal Security. Gulak had Caprice grabbed for a sunset flip, but Roland was holding Caprice's arms to keep him from getting pinned. Cassidy came in and gave Roland a wet willy to make him break the hold and Caprice got pinned.
4d. Gentleman's Club def. Sea Stars after Cassidy used the Freshly Squeezed Orange Mist. One of the Sea Stars grabbed a fishing net and threw it over Gulak, and he was unable to free himself.
4e. Cornelius Crummels & Sonny Defarge def. Gentleman's Club after hitting Gulak with the Great Expectations.
4f. Crummels & Defarge def. Los Ice Creams with the Great Expectations.
4g. Dez Peloton def. Crummels & Defarge with a double-team double-wrist-clutch German Suplex. Lots of bicyclist-related antics from Dez Peloton, and more of the scurvy lads' snot-related disgusting antics.
4h. Dez Peloton def. Hermit Crab & Rock Lobster after Lobster missed a moonsault and got pinned.
4i. Bloc Party (Proletariat Boar of Moldova & Prakash Sabar) def. Dez Peloton after an X-Factor.
4j. D-X (X-Pac & Billy Gunn) def. Bloc Party after a gorilla press into an X-Factor.
- After the match, D-X kept attacking the Bloc Party, with Gunn hitting the Fameasser on both, and telling them to "suck it." Fans chanted "You can't say that!" X-Pac explains he forgot to tell Gunn that this is a family-friendly show. Gunn apologizes and puts over Chikara as a lot of fun. X-Pac says he passed up the Misfits reunion for this. Gunn says he passed up Movie Night with his wife, "and that's real heat." Good ovation for them both.

Intermission. Gulak was still trapped in the fishing net at his merch table.

5. Lucas Calhoun def. Chuck TaylorTM after a karate punch and an overhand chop to the chest. Taylor was unimpressed with Calhoun's karate and kept running his mouth on the microphone, so Calhoun took him outside and chopped the hell out of him, then started a conga line of fans and others to take turns chopping Taylor. Notables in the conga line include several children Leonard F. Chikarason, Joey Styles, Moustache Mountain, Yolanda from the merch table ("He owes me $5!"), and a baby. Taylor begged off and started singing "Say My Name" in tribute to Beyonce, and proposed forming a team with Calhoun. It was a trick, and he tried to attack Calhoun with the microphone, but Calhoun threw him across the ring and then finished him off.
6. Rey de Voladores Finals: Aerostar def. Tony Nese. Frightmare was announced as unable to compete as the doctor would not clear him. No explanation was given. Match therefore had surprisingly little heat to it, but they still wrestled a hell of a match.
7. King of Trios Finals: Team Sendai Girls def. Team JWP to become Queen of Trios. One hell of a match and joshi as gently caress. Satomura finally managed to hit a Death Valley Bomb on Katsu to win the match.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That bit with DX. whose name I am going to extend to make the contents of this spoiler a bit less obvious in nature, tally ho! is pretty drat great.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Night 3, too fun, I love me some Chikara and wrestling queens.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I officially like Vlad more than Gavin Loudspeaker. The guy absolutely KILLED IT with his pre-main event speeches.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

These were really fun shows to go to! I had no idea who much of anyone was, but had a great time. I'm glad I decided to use it as an excuse to meet some longtime internet friends and also spy on Gavok. Probably gonna do it again next year since it's just a few hours' drive for me.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Gavok was out of control, enjoyed watching him as much as the matches.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

That's one hell of a AV/post combo.

For real, if you see me at a show, stop by and say hi. I'm easy to approach and I only forgot to apply deodorant one day. Even then, I made sure not to raise my arms.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Gavok posted:

That's one hell of a AV/post combo.

For real, if you see me at a show, stop by and say hi. I'm easy to approach and I only forgot to apply deodorant one day. Even then, I made sure not to raise my arms.

Gavok is good people

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

In my defense, I didn't see you until Sunday and I was dead tired and feeling kind of antisocial by then.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I remember being at the TN Chikara show with Kana and a goon coming up to me somehow, without me ever posting a picture of myself they just knew who I was. :spooky:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
One day I will be able to do all three nights. Until then I will sit in the back row so I can see the wrestlers come out

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Blaster McMassive is claiming he's done with Chikara and thanked the fans.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

That was one of the better KoTs in recent memory, for sure.
I'm curious about the Frightmare thing, though. Any word on if it was legit/serious?

I also got a special kick out of seeing Victoria spend most of night 2 taking pictures of the matches and marking out over by the one merch area.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

That was one of the better KoTs in recent memory, for sure.
I'm curious about the Frightmare thing, though. Any word on if it was legit/serious?

I also got a special kick out of seeing Victoria spend most of night 2 taking pictures of the matches and marking out over by the one merch area.

Frightmare is pretty fragile, but also think there was an angle they ran with Amasis getting revenge on Frightmare sometime.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Show this Saturday at the Wrestle Factory in Philadelphia.

"The Black Goodbye"
Sept 17 - 3pm - Wrestle Factory, Philadelphia, PA

Main Event for the Grand Championship - Hallowicked defends vs Drew Gulak
Trios Match - Heidi Lovelace, Oleg the Usurper, Ophidian vs The Batiri (Obariyon, Kodama, Kobald)
Tag Match - Just a Lot of Ants (Worker Ant & Bullet Ant) vs Juan Francisco de Coronado & Wani (1pt)
Singles Match - Princess Kimberlee vs Solo Darling
Tag Match - The Colony (Fire Ant & Silver Ant) (1pt) vs The HeXed Men (Icarus & Mark Angelosetti)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

They're currently live-streaming today's show on Facebook.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Results:

1. Princess Kimberlee def. Rock Lobster with a crucifix bomb into the Alligator Clutch. Lobster was subbing for the injured Solo Darling. Kimberlee cut a promo post-match and called out Max Smashmaster.
2. Big Deal Security (Sloan Caprice & Rick Roland) def. Suplex Stephen & Brian Bodyslam with the Deal Breaker combination. Squash match.
3. HeXed Men (Icarus & Mark Angelosetti) def. The Colony (Fire Ant & Silver Ant) after a spear by Icarus on Silver.
- Before the match, Icarus taunted Silver Ant with a chair.
- The HeXed Men exploited Silver's injured left arm, which set up the finish.
4. Hermit Crab def. Amasis by tapping him to the Flat Crab in about seven seconds.
- Mark Angelosetti came out in a Frightmare mask before the bell and jumped Amasis on the floor.
- Crab cut a promo after the match and claimed he won the match without any help from anyone.
5. Juan Francisco de Coronado & Wani def. Just a Lot of Ants (Worker Ant & Bullet Ant) by tapping Bullet to the Coronado Clutch.
- The fans cheered every time Wani tagged in and booed every time that Juan tagged in.
- Worker & Bullet hit a variant of the Colony tandem running dropkick by doing it from opposite corners, for a dropkick sandwich.
6. The Batiri def. Ophidian, Oleg the Usurper, Heidi Lovelace after hitting Oleg with the Skull Bronzing.
- Oleg did not want to fight Kobald, screwing up a double-team that Ophidian wanted to do.
- Kobald taunted him by saying "Arcane Horde, remember me?"
- Oleg had Kobald in position for the Off With His Head, but hesitated, setting up the finish.
- After the match, Heidi asked Oleg what happened. He said, no matter the colors he wears, he gave his word that he would not lay his hands on Kobald (at the end of COTI last year), and he's a man of his word.
7. Grand Championship - Hallowicked def. Drew Gulak with the Never Wake Up to retain the title.'
- A lot of technical wrestling back and forth here. Probably the best GC title defense this year.
- Gulak got a standing ovation after the match.
8. Encore Match: Dez Peloton def. Cornelius Crummels & Sonny Defarge after hitting Climb the Summit (top rope diving splash)
- Quick five-minute match, and the first non-Hour of Power and non-King of Trios appearance for both teams.
- Dez Peloton are the cycling enthusiasts from the Tag Gauntlet at KOT.
- Crummels & Defarge are grown-up Dickensian orphans or something, and they sneeze on their opponents a lot.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
did a single tecnico win other than the opening match?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
These encore matches feel like a waste of time. They are nothing matches lasting less than 5 mins. It's like a pre-show match as the main event. Honestly, the encore matches should probably stop. Just give a regular 8 match card and dump the encore matches.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

DM Punk posted:

These encore matches feel like a waste of time. They are nothing matches lasting less than 5 mins. It's like a pre-show match as the main event. Honestly, the encore matches should probably stop. Just give a regular 8 match card and dump the encore matches.

The encore stuff worked last year when they still had a lot of COTI matches to burn through, but I agree that they should probably just stop, or at least scale them back and maybe only do them at "our only stop in X" shows in other cities, as a treat for those fans.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
How is a late season show for someone who doesn't know Chikara at all? I want to take my dad to a show later this year and while he is a big wrestling fan, he's never seen Chikara and I don't know if he'd be really confused with storyline stuff.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

How is a late season show for someone who doesn't know Chikara at all? I want to take my dad to a show later this year and while he is a big wrestling fan, he's never seen Chikara and I don't know if he'd be really confused with storyline stuff.

He might be a bit confused. At most, you might just explain the whole Nazmaldun thing as "evil demonic force has possessed a bunch of wrestlers."

As the next cards get announced, I'll try to provide capsule summaries of any storylines surrounding the wrestlers.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

The nice thing about Chikara is that they're really simple on the wrestling-side of the storyline. Most of them can be summed up as Evil (basic character description) vs Good (basic character description), good guy rivalry, blood feud, etc. The details can be complex, but the basics are simple. If your dad's a wrestlefan, he should be able to grok these parts easily.

Given that I'm a west coast fan, I have to do a lot of explaining whenever my more WWE-centric wrestlefans want to watch, and that's what I stick with.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I think the encore stuff is fine. There's been a lot of heels winning throughout the year, especially in the main events, to build the stories and stuff. Even the BDK running roughshod turned a lot of people off the product when it's now considered one of the company's best storylines. Makes sense that they would do what WWE does and put together a quick dark match of sorts to let the crowd leave happy.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Gavok posted:

I think the encore stuff is fine. There's been a lot of heels winning throughout the year, especially in the main events, to build the stories and stuff. Even the BDK running roughshod turned a lot of people off the product when it's now considered one of the company's best storylines. Makes sense that they would do what WWE does and put together a quick dark match of sorts to let the crowd leave happy.

I recall Quack saying on a radio show or podcast or whatever that this was the exact thinking behind them.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dark matches at least use the top talent.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

encore matches are dumb and fun and let me see two more wrestlers I would not have seen otherwise

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Chikara is trying to get funding for Chikara: Action Arcade Wrestling Video Game on IndieGoGo

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chikara-action-arcade-wrestling-video-game-videogames#/

The footage somehow looks worse then what they released a year ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezByzJjUDsY

Also reminds me that it's been 5 years since they teased Rudo Ressurection, I still want my army of undead Chikara wrestlers.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

So Chikara did one of its "Hour of Power" live shows on their Chikaratopia service on Sunday.

Results:
1. N_R_G def. Clothesline Carl & Benny the Beale
2. Hermit Crab def. Officer Warren Barksdale
3. Crummels & Defarge def. Dez Peloton
4. Ophidian def. Juan Francisco de Coronado

And Chikara has a double-shot in New England this weekend at the Pentucket Lake School in Haverhill, MA.

"Cruise Control"
Oct. 8 @ 2pm

- Main Event Tag: The Osirian Portal (Ophidian & Amasis) vs The Batiri (Obariyon & Kodama)
- First Time Ever: Missile Assault Man vs Jigsaw
- Singles Match: Donald Kluger vs Juan Francisco de Coronado
- Tag Team Match: Los Ice Creams (El Hijo del Ice Cream & Ice Cream Jr) vs The Closers (Sloan Caprice & Rick Roland)
- Unfinished Business: Silver Ant vs Icarus

"Judgment Day"
Oct. 8 @ 7pm

- Main Event for the Grand Championship: Hallowicked defends vs Heidi Lovelace
- First Time Ever: The Big Deal vs Chuck Taylor(TM)
- Singles Match: Fire Ant vs Mark Angelosetti
- Tag Team Match: Cornelius Crummels & Sonny Defarge vs Hermit Crab & Rock Lobster
- Singles Match: Officer Warren Barksdale vs Wani

The main storyline through the season has been the rise of Nazmaldun. After Hallowicked & Frightmare forced the cursed Eye of Tyr around the neck of UltraMantis Black, Mantis has been possessed by Nazmaldun, using his mental powers to brainwash rudos into joining his HeXed Men-- the Batiri, Kobald, Icarus, Angelosetti, and Jigsaw. Back in August, the HeXed Men clashed with "Just a Lot of Ants," a team of the Colony and several other wrestlers who were or had previously donned Ant-themed masks-- Amasis (Pharaoh Ant), Pinkie Sanchez (Carpenter/Pink Ant), Missile Assault Man/Ant, and Bullet Ant (formerly Arctic Rescue Ant). Additionally, the Batiri will be trying to soften up and weaken Ophidian, who now has three points for Grand Championship contention.

Heidi Lovelace had been having issues in the first half of the season, being frustrated at being shut out of winning the Challenge of the Immortals last year due to Angelosetti's cheating, and then at seeing her friend Princess Kimberlee win the Grand Championship as a result of winning the COTI and cashing in her Golden Opportunity. Heidi failed to dethrone the Princess in her first Grand Championship challenge, and the frustration continued to mount as they tried tagging together, but kept having communication issues. It culminated with Heidi defeating Kimberlee in August to earn her third point. Heidi, however, will have to challenge Hallowicked, who has been seemingly unstoppable since winning the Grand Championship for the second time, and who will have the HeXed Men lurking nearby to lend their aid.

New tag teams have recently debuted for Chikara, 'officially' at the Tag Team Gauntlet at King of Trios. One of them, Dez Peloton, is a pair of cycling enthusiasts. One-half of them, Donald Kluger, will be in singles action in the afternoon card. The other team has no official name yet, Cornelius Crummels & Sonny Defarge. Crummels & Defarge dress like a pair of Dickensian orphans and utilize disgusting tactics like spitting or sneezing on their opponents and smearing snot in their face. Hermit Crab & Rock Lobster are a couple of salty crustaceans that like to bend the rules.

The Big Deal is the former Hornswoggle, who doesn't go anywhere in Chikara without his personal security team, The Closers-- Sloan Caprice & Rick Roland. The Big Deal won a couple of trios matches after his Chikara debut, largely by having the Closers do all the heavy lifting for him. He was so effective as a heel that he got the fans to start cheering for Juan Francisco de Coronado, which is virtually unheard of. The Closers will probably squash Los Ice Creams, then lend their aid to The Big Deal in the evening show.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Did Blaster and Flex have just a terrible time in CHIKARA? Blaster just went through off about racist CHIKARA fans on his Twitter. :/

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Capsaicin posted:

Did Blaster and Flex have just a terrible time in CHIKARA? Blaster just went through off about racist CHIKARA fans on his Twitter. :/

Wow that's awful. I've never seen anything personally but I would trust him on it.

Also, I love Chikara and all, but man I cannot justify giving money for that game. Wrestling games are hard to make already with an actual budget.

Why not just try for a side scrolling beat em up?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Why not just try for a side scrolling beat em up?

That's apparently what Rudo Resurrection was going to be before it went away.

If they just went with pixel art instead of 3D models, it would probably look better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

syzpid posted:

Chikara is trying to get funding for Chikara: Action Arcade Wrestling Video Game on IndieGoGo

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chikara-action-arcade-wrestling-video-game-videogames#/

The footage somehow looks worse then what they released a year ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezByzJjUDsY

Also reminds me that it's been 5 years since they teased Rudo Ressurection, I still want my army of undead Chikara wrestlers.

holy poo poo can they make a trailer without all the weird visual effects?

• Locked thread