Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

That Pokémon remix of the theme :psyduck:

Anyway, time to request vacation from work six months in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

So Chikara just posted this to their YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aslYZmuJk1Q

The description just reads "5.7.16"

No idea what it means yet.

Now they've posted this.

Some kind of Royal Rumble/Aztec Warfare show?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Results out of Gibsonville:

The New Batch
1. United Nations (Boar & Sabar) def. Los Ice Creams with a pumphandle slam and an assisted splash.
2. Officer Warren Barksdale def. Devo Riggs with the 'Obey the Law' (suplex flipped into a slam)
3. Amasis def. Rock Lobster with a 450 splash.
4. Argus def. Hermit Crab with a rear naked choke.
5. Oleg the Usurper def. Blaster McMassive with a top-rope chokeslam.
6. Best of 3 Falls Campeonatos de Parejas Match - N_R_G def. Battleborn (Missile & Calhoun) to retain the Campeonatos de Parejas, 2 falls to 1.
7. Encore Match - Ophidian def. Chuck Taylor(TM) with the Meteora.

Secret of the Ooze
1. Eddie Kingston def. Pinkie Sanchez (w/ Jakob Hammermeier) with the Backfist to the Future.
2. Wani & Juan Francisco de Coronado def. Icarus & Mr. Touchdown when Wani pinned Icarus off a reversed small package (thanks to JFDC).
- Once again, JFDC painted Touchdown as a cheater in the eyes of the ref, this time by pulling off a turnbuckle pad.
- Between the matches, while the ring was getting repaired, Chuck Taylor(TM) sang out in the crowd to a 'certain someone who won't get their name back.'
3. Jaka def. Fire Ant with a Jumanji Bomb. Jaka now has three points. Post-match, Jakob Hammermeier came out to celebrate, his Eye of Tyr container box in hand.
4. Dasher Hatfield def. Flex Rumblecrunch with a jackhammer to break his losing streak.
5. BDK (Jakob, Hallowicked, Frightmare) def. The Batiri (Obariyon, Kodama, Kobald) when Hallowicked hit Kobald with the Never Wake Up (cross-legged DDT).
- During the match, Jakob accidentally chopped Wicked and the Nightmare Warriors confronted him. He reminded them he was in charge, and Wicked replied, "Hallowicked obeys."
- Post match, Wicked and Frightmare stole the Eye of Tyr box and Wicked said he only obeyed Nazmaldun.
6. Grand Championship Match - Princess KimberLee def. Heidi Lovelace with a crossface/crab submission.
- Reportedly an epic match. Crowd could barely chant after the match. Entire locker room (minus Devastation Corporation) came out to watch the match.
7. Encore Match - Snake Pit (Ophidian & Shynron) def. Battleborn (Calhoun & Missile) when Ophidian hit the Meteora on Calhoun.
- Ophidian hypnotized everyone and they danced. A hypnotized Missile Assault Man danced to the back, leaving Calhoun alone.

Jay 2K Winger fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 20, 2016

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Kimber Lee defending against Heidi Lovelace was an instant classic and literal history being made. It is the first time EVER that the main event of a show of a mixed gender promotion was a title match for the highest title in the promotion between two women.

Like imagine the Main Event of NXT: Takeover Brooklyn between Bayley and Sasha Banks, and make it for the WWE Title.

And they TORE THE loving HOUSE DOWN.

They were super emotional, and worked their asses off. I feel blessed to have been there.

My #2 match of the year after Trevor Lee and Roy Wilkins going 105 minutes in the same ring, in the the same building, in the same little town in North Carolina. It's a good year for instant classics in the Mid-Atlantic Sportatorium.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Kimber Lee/ Lovelace was one of the best women's matches I've ever seen, and maybe the best match I've ever actually had the opportunity to see live. Of course, the whole show in general was fun too! The only thing that dragged it down was the incredibly loud, obnoxious guy in a raincoat sitting behind me.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Reaverbot posted:

The only thing that dragged it down was the incredibly loud, obnoxious guy in a raincoat sitting behind me.
So glad I was nowhere near him.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

The teams for the 2016 Tag World Grand Prix have been finalized:

- Hermit Crab & Rock Lobster
- United Nations (Proletariat Boar of Moldova & Prakash Sabar)
- Devastation Corporation (Blaster McMassive & Flex Rumblecrunch)
- Los Ice Creams
- Punk Rock All Stars (Drake Carter & Shaun Cannon)
- The Osirian Portal (Amasis & Ophidian)
- The Colony (Fire Ant & Worker Ant)
- Team Sea Stars (Delmi Exo & Ashley Vox)

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Also, Johnny Kidd called out Mike Quackenbush to have one last match before Kidd retires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhGvdBi22Zc

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The first team announced for King of Trios 2016 is... Team Sendai Girls.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

The first team announced for King of Trios 2016 is... Team Sendai Girls.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

This isn't the same Team Sendai from 2012 as Sendai Sachiko, who is Dash Chisako's sister, retired in January. Her replacement is Cassandra Miyagi.

honeymustard
Dec 19, 2008

Shut up cunt.
It only took 14 years for PWG and Chikara to have the same show name (Secret of the Ooze).

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

KungFu Grip posted:

This isn't the same Team Sendai from 2012 as Sendai Sachiko, who is Dash Chisako's sister, retired in January. Her replacement is Cassandra Miyagi.
Dash was the better of the two anyway.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Really hyped for this.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I'm significantly less stoked about Mike Quackenbush: Middle-Aged Pokemon Trainer.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

OGB posted:

I'm significantly less stoked about Mike Quackenbush: Middle-Aged Pokemon Trainer.

I'm especially stoked about Mike Quackenbush: Middle-Aged Pokemon Trainer because haha what the gently caress?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Awesome. Cassandra Miyagi owns.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hope this wasn't a one-off, and all the announcements are in the style of Who's That Pokemon?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

(Team Lucha Underground comes back but with Prince Puma)

"WHO'S THAT POKEMON!?"

Chuck Taylor: "This is Ricochet, this is obviously Ricochet!"

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

(Team Lucha Underground comes back but with Prince Puma)

"WHO'S THAT POKEMON!?"

Chuck Taylor Touch Philips: "This is Ricochet, this is obviously Ricochet!"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

i don't see ricochet working for quack anytime soon

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

The last time the Sendai Girls were at KoT, it was absolutely phenomenal and I lost my voice cheering their matches.
I don't know how to appropriately convey my enthusiasm for this KoT, so here is this tangentially related gif:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Why is DASH doing the Mary Catherine Gallagher?

Seriously though, they were a huge highlight of 2012, and I'm somewhat surprised they haven't been back until now.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

So the crab people (Hermit Crab & Rock Lobster) are out of TWGP this weekend due to injury.

But we have Tabarnak de Team to make up for it, apparently.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I've basically stopped following the company as they don't tour western PA and LU has more or less filled that niche for me now, but KoT is usually fun and I hope they bring in some interesting outside teams.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

So the crab people (Hermit Crab & Rock Lobster) are out of TWGP this weekend due to injury.

But we have Tabarnak de Team to make up for it, apparently.

Curious, are they still called that in Chikara? I could see Quack not wanting to use the name even though it would only be non PG in Quebec.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 31, 2016

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Thauros posted:

I've basically stopped following the company as they don't tour western PA and LU has more or less filled that niche for me now, but KoT is usually fun and I hope they bring in some interesting outside teams.

Curious, are they still called that in Chikara? I could see Quack not wanting to use the name even though it would only be non PG in Quebec.

They were called that on Chikara's Twitter, so my guess is "yes." Until and unless they're announced as something else come Saturday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I hope this wasn't a one-off, and all the announcements are in the style of Who's That Pokemon?

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/716150715677351937

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

So I haven't seen the full results of Saturday's shows posted, but apparently at one point, Hallowicked and Frightmare used the Eye of Tyr on UltraMantis Black. UltraMantis went in a haze and referred to them as his broadsword and spear before commanding them to take him home.

Argus confirmed on Twitter that, yep, UltraMantis is Nazmaldun. Or is possessed by him. Either way.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Gavok posted:

So I haven't seen the full results of Saturday's shows posted, but apparently at one point, Hallowicked and Frightmare used the Eye of Tyr on UltraMantis Black. UltraMantis went in a haze and referred to them as his broadsword and spear before commanding them to take him home.

Argus confirmed on Twitter that, yep, UltraMantis is Nazmaldun. Or is possessed by him. Either way.

Well that's a cool way to still have him be apart of the show even after he had to retire. I wonder if UltraMantis being Nazmaldun was always the plan or if this was a change they made recently.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Well that's a cool way to still have him be apart of the show even after he had to retire. I wonder if UltraMantis being Nazmaldun was always the plan or if this was a change they made recently.

From what I've heard, he was originally tapped as the guy who would beat Hallowicked for the Grand Championship, then his knee went kaboom, so they took a hard left and put the belt on Kimber instead.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gavok posted:

I kinda hope it's a possession angle, because otherwise they're looping back around to a story they've already told.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So I guess I'm going to King of Trios. Please summarize the last 15 seasons of Chikara. TIA.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

So I guess I'm going to King of Trios. Please summarize the last 15 seasons of Chikara. TIA.

:spergin: :spergin: :spergin: :anttony: :anttony: :anttony: :spergin: :spergin: :sweden: :spergin:

Capn Combustible
May 30, 2013

I'm watching you.

Endless Mike posted:

An Ant blew up a busload of children in Zimbabwe.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Endless Mike posted:

I will do that tomorrow. Too exhausted from watching 7 hours of wrestling.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
DevCorp is flipping out on twitter. Supposedly said something on twitter this morning and someone complained to Chikara and he got pulled from a show. Anyone know what he said?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
From what I can tell:

- female fan complains about ADULT MEN at chikara show
- person replies going all "ugh, dev corp stans, the worst!"
- Dev Corp/Blaster begins fairly tame, saying something along the lines of "i thought the chikarmy had each other's backs"
- DC/Blaster then says something to the effect of "You ignore one rat at merch and then she says all this stuff online"
- DC/Blaster tweets more at fan, calling her a rat

Blaster is now suspended

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

From what I can tell:

- female fan complains about ADULT MEN at chikara show
- person replies going all "ugh, dev corp stans, the worst!"
- Dev Corp/Blaster begins fairly tame, saying something along the lines of "i thought the chikarmy had each other's backs"
- DC/Blaster then says something to the effect of "You ignore one rat at merch and then she says all this stuff online"
- DC/Blaster tweets more at fan, calling her a rat

Blaster is now suspended

There are times when you should keep your gimmick in check.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

There are times when you should keep your gimmick in check.

Or just straight up not say anything. can't suspend you for that

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Or just straight up not say anything. can't suspend you for that

Somewhere Vince feels a challenge needs to be accepted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, 3.Ole reunited this weekend.

• Locked thread