Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
So Teekyu has 2 spinoffs now. How far that dumb series has come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Teekyu's not dumb, it's funny as heck and cool.
It's totally dumb. But it's also funny as heck and cool.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Haifuri is weird in that it's very lighthearted in tone but also dramatic at the same time. I also get that the girls thought it was training or something but deciding nicknames and the rice cooker tragedy during that serious situation gave me mood whiplash. The setting (warships run completely by high school girls) and the show overall is completely anime and stupid but in a good way so I'll keep watching.

It kind of reminds me of a Girls und Panzer but the ending of the first episode kind of makes me wonder where this show is going to go. I wouldn't mind another light hearted action packed military-battle/highschool sport anime but we'll see where this show takes that plot point at the end of the episode.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Apr 10, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I find how happy and upbeat they are about being shot at and labeled traitors more weird than girls in boats, personally.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The best show for me this season was Flying Witch. The characters were good and time would fly by when watching a episode which speaks to how compelling the show is. However, nothing really happens plot-wise so if the first episode doesn't grab you then it probably won't get better for you. Basically has the same appeal as Non Non Biyori.

Haifuri was okay. As a show about cute girls on a WWII warship it completely delivers. However if you wanted an interesting and compelling plot then it completely falls flat. The early episodes were interesting (the submarine episode was particularly good) but as a series I feel like it gets worse as the series goes on.

Sansha Sanyou was good. It's a standard slice of life show. The characters are okay but the series is well directed. It also has really good animation and Futaba's voice is amazing.

Tanaka-kun was also good however the first episode is bad imo. The show gets a lot better when Miyano gets introduced in the second episode and the show only gets better as more characters are introduced.

Kumamiko. I have yet to watch the last episode but from the looks of it, the ending sucks. Has some highlight episodes and scenes but outside of Natsu, Machi and the other kids, all the other characters are terrible. Has it's novelty of being country side Watamote and has a really good Ending Theme.

Bakuon was okay. It has some funny scenes (Chisame instantly failing her test was so good) and the characters grew on me. However I felt like Chisame was introduced too late and the show would of been better with her from early on.

People are raving about Re Zero so I think I'll watch that. How did Kabaneri turn out? It caught my interest but I never got around to watching the first episode.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jun 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Great, my stupid typo is in stone forever.

• Locked thread