Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i read the entire op and it has been a powerful affirmation of my suspcion that office workers live in an entirely different world than the rest of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

my batna is "homelessness". trust me, i'm cognizant of it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

So I've encountered the occasional application interface that does the obnoxious "this field is required" thing with a couple dropdowns where you have to pick number/currency/time for your minimum pay requirement, one that doesn't let me type in "equal to my peers doing the same work with similar skills and experience" or some other evasion. I'm a new grad in a field extremely competitive for new grads (registered nursing) and ive been poor my whole life so id literally take anything, so i knew enough to disregard my own judgement and just stuck in a value on the low end of the salary estimate for RNs in that area from a couple different employment websites.

Considering how heavily unionized nursing is in California, it's not likely to even matter, but I was curious what the advice is for these annoying electronic-forced-answers in the future.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i went from service economy take-it-or-gently caress-off pay, to a unionized professional job making more than my dad made right before retirement. still haven't had to actually deploy any of the advice i got reading this thread, but at least i'm not piss fuckin broke anymore

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

madmatt112 posted:

But I’m very happy for you, welcome to the “not broke” club it’s nice here.

its so amazing. virtually every "problem" i have is total bullshit lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

my dad retired six months ago so even with bidenflation i think it's a fair comparison