Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

thank you! also 10 foster wow!!!

her wobbles seem much better this morning. she's leaking pee though which is not great but she did use the litterbox, yay. she sneezed a couple times and sounded a little congested so guessing she has some sort of virus. i'm using an apron when holding her, and washing my hands/arms when i'm done. she's currently passed out after having breakfast and cuddles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Oh my god, with her splotchy colorings and scraggly fur she looks like a little Frankenstein cat.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I dont have anything to add it sounds like you're doing all the right things.

She's very pretty and I wonder if the yellowish splotches will turn white as she feels better and starts cleaning more.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I love her little brushy tail! Hoping for good health news for her.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

City of Glompton posted:

what would you stray cat taker-iners do between now and a vet visit for a cat like this?

When that situation came up for me, I just kept her in her own room until I could get her checked out.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

City of Glompton posted:

i'm using an apron when holding her, and washing my hands/arms when i'm done.

Even beyond that I might just wear outdoor/work clothes and change/wash them afterwards. I do that when I volunteer at a cat shelter and I don't even have animals at home right now.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

thanks all. she's been staying in the room in the garage, and i defaulted to washing clothes afterwards because of the leaky pee lol.

we got her in to see the vet this morning. no chip of course. negative on FeLV (yay!). they were not concerned about any of her blood panel results. they think she is an older cat based on her teeth. they aren't sure about the missing fur/skinny tail. could be trauma, could be follicular damage from past ringworm. she was given some treatment for fleas/ear mites. they were supposed to check for spay but didn't.

she'll continue to stay in the garage so she can get the R&R she needs, and get over her upper respiratory infection. she's eating like a champ and sleeping very soundly. can't wait to see what she looks like in a few weeks

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

City of Glompton posted:

thanks all. she's been staying in the room in the garage, and i defaulted to washing clothes afterwards because of the leaky pee lol.

we got her in to see the vet this morning. no chip of course. negative on FeLV (yay!). they were not concerned about any of her blood panel results. they think she is an older cat based on her teeth. they aren't sure about the missing fur/skinny tail. could be trauma, could be follicular damage from past ringworm. she was given some treatment for fleas/ear mites. they were supposed to check for spay but didn't.

she'll continue to stay in the garage so she can get the R&R she needs, and get over her upper respiratory infection. she's eating like a champ and sleeping very soundly. can't wait to see what she looks like in a few weeks

Gonna go with "noisy fluffball"

Good job :)

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Pander posted:

Good job :)

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

thank you! my most recent broody hen has been de-broodied, so kitty got an upgrade to the broody breaker crate. i think she feels more comfortable there than in the garage bathroom, less scary open space. she stopped sleeping in the litter box since being moved. she still sounds very congested but she is looking and walking a lot better when she is awake. i think her patchy fur is also starting to fill in? we'll see

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

She’s a pretty cat. Who do I place my bet with on you keeping her?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
So we rescued a cat from being stuck above a truck fuel tank at work and I was the lucky one to bring her home. I named her Squeaky.

It's day 3 and she's eating soft food and a little bit of hard food 4x a day and is all ready using the litter box correctly now instead of sleeping in it. She has 2 boxes and a soft bed and seems to sleep in the bed mostly now and sit in the boxes in the day when shes not out. I had a question about cleaning her but she seems to be doing a great job of it her self so I don't think I need to interfere with that!

I have an appointment two Tuesdays from now to get her some shots and checked out with a vet.

I just adopted a 4 month old kitten back in July and have a 15 year old cat who used to fight now since bringing this kitten home they have turned into best friends.

https://i.imgur.com/WWlG3WO.mp4

I think shes 6-7 weeks as she was just under 2lbs when I brought her home.

Fallows fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 15, 2022

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
You done good. That's an excellent cat. And yeah, she should be able to clean on her own barring stuff that would be dangerous for her to groom herself (like coated in engine oil).

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
She's super cute! Is there any way you can get the vet to move up her appointment? I wouldn't introduce her to your other cats until afterward. There are a lot of transmissible diseases ranging from minor to pain-in-the-rear end to fatal.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yay :neckbeard:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Anne Whateley posted:

She's super cute! Is there any way you can get the vet to move up her appointment? I wouldn't introduce her to your other cats until afterward. There are a lot of transmissible diseases ranging from minor to pain-in-the-rear end to fatal.

It's probably not a bad idea to keep her segregated for a couple weeks anyway. I'd never heard it here (though it makes sense) but I have a friend on the west coast who told me vets over there emphasize the need to quarantine new animals for a couple of weeks to make sure they're not carrying anything, which extends to not bringing a stray into them to get checked up during that period.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Ok I will keep them away from each other, i would hate to get my other cats and dog sick. I have her in a spare bathroom right now all to her self and she's pretty happy in there. I will see about moving the appointment up a bit but when i called they told me they were completely booked for a while and I just scheduled it with my next days off. Thankfully I have help from the family to feed her and check in on her when i'm working. Can't wait till I can get the OK and let her roam free around the house!

Im super suprised how quickly she started using the litter box I gave her. Put her in once after she peed her bed and she has been using it ever since.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fallows posted:

Im super suprised how quickly she started using the litter box I gave her. Put her in once after she peed her bed and she has been using it ever since.

sounds like a cat.

but yes as someone mentioned until they get a full workup its best to keep them quarantined for everyones safety despite omg kitten cute

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Here's a video of when we got her unstuck:

https://i.imgur.com/RjKR13a.mp4

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Fallows posted:

Here's a video of when we got her unstuck:

https://i.imgur.com/RjKR13a.mp4

That’s a cute freakin’ kitty. :3:

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Cute kitty and I love the chorus of dudes going “ohhhhhhhh”

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Guys, there hasn't been a Butters post in a long time. I'm starting to get worried. :ohdear:

My own Butters impersonator for content:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Could you give the cheeks a squish please?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

smilingfish posted:

Guys, there hasn't been a Butters post in a long time. I'm starting to get worried. :ohdear:

My own Butters impersonator for content:

You never have to worry. If something major happens, I'll let y'all know. He's doing just fine.

Feel free to ask for updates though. I'll do a photo dump post tonight after work.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Chili posted:

You never have to worry. If something major happens, I'll let y'all know. He's doing just fine.

Feel free to ask for updates though. I'll do a photo dump post tonight after work.
Butters is the best cat and photos will certainly cheer me up on the cold, dark day.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

This is my Butters. She is a rescue and doing well. Captured stray and mostly blind with entropion which needed surgery, thus the squint that makes her extra cute.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Butters, the Renee Zellweger (or Chad Michael Murray) of kitty cats. :love: her

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
butterduuuuump

Our big boy is still buttering around.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Yay Butterscotch! He's looking good and his eyes carry less existential dread.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A stately old fellow enjoying his retirement.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Chili posted:

Our big boy is still buttering around.
Continues to be the best catte. :3:

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

That is an extremely beautiful Butters.

This thread encouraged me to get into fostering, which is how I ended up meeting this absolute menace of a lady. Her name is Tilly. I am her emotional support human.

Here she is cuddling my wife.

The overgroomed tummy is a work in progress. Started some new antianxiety meds this week! They are apparently very bitter but we are trying to mix them in enough churu to disguise the taste. She is suspicious.

Goodnight.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Butterscotch looks like is he enjoying his health and retirement. There are of course other good friends here too.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

My old man Charlie is insanely jealous. He had to have most of his teeth removed.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
ACAB. TNR edition.

https://youtu.be/AGMDktIS43k

Comrade Cakewalk
Nov 4, 2006
Win a cake for the motherland.
My current foster is a mangy little guy named Cypress. This morning I found him collapsed on the floor and rushed him to the vet. He’s alive and doing better, but isn’t great. His blood sugar crashed from him being so thin and not eating for almost a day.
He’s estimated at 4 months old and has the worst mange I’ve ever seen as well as urine burns on his lil leggies. Whomever had him is a real piece of poo poo. I picked him up Monday.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Get well and strong soon, Cypress.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I hope he’s doing better. :( If not hope Comrade Cakewalk is doing ok. :(

I have a coworker who fosters puppies in her downtime and just had a rough loss. She has years of dog training & fostering experience and does amazing work, but some animals have unexpected health problems and the humane society can only pool so many resources.

It’s a role with huge ups and huge downs and I’m grateful to those who can do it.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

They posted on insta that poor Cypress did not make it. :( But he died warm, fed and loved and that's the best any of us can hope for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Cakewalk
Nov 4, 2006
Win a cake for the motherland.
Yes, he was just too sick. I’ve lost a few sick kittens, it doesn’t get easier :(

I have healthy kittens right now, though. They’re very cute