Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Look at dem butterbeans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

lookin at

"And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Chili posted:

I'm just going to fill in the blanks here and assume that Monty needed some muscle. I mean, he's got Butters between him and the door and is this:

So what you have is Butters trading protection for (I assume) Monty's snacks, prison style.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Chili posted:

Grizzly

I thought kittens didn't respond to :catdrugs:

"I can see infinity"

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Have you tried giving her a worn shirt or something that smells like you? I can't remember where I read this, but it can help by getting them familiar with your scent and develop a positive association.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I've wondered about that. Maybe it could help? I kept the towel from the shelter she was at and she doesn't seem interested in it. Maybe I'll throw one of my old t-shirts in her hiding spot; if nothing else, it's a soft thing to lay on.

Haha yeah I'm sure the shelter was tons of good memories to associate with the smell on the towel. I took Ginny to get her shots at the humane society that I got her from and just bringing her in the place freaked her out and she didn't calm down until we left.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Wow, somebody is pretty pissed off at you right now.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

queserasera posted:

How can I discourage him from those nips and bites without sending him right back into his shell? When he came to me for pets (and I was so excited) and tried to nibble my fingers, I told him no and stopped petting him. Waited a little while, went back to petting, and when he tried it again, repeated it. This is what the cat care book suggests.

I know I've read it here in PI before, but one technique is to act really hurt by their biting so they get the idea that what they are doing isn't playing or is too rough. Or is that when dealing with puppies?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

the horror... the horror

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

MikeJF posted:

We got a somewhat neurotic kitten (runt, abandoned, etc) that did a pretty good job of teaching me to calm the gently caress down and respect her space as a hyper seven year old so I could pat her.

She clearly murdered a flower, theres a feather of a bird she might have murdered, and shes giving you the death stare. Lucky you lived past seven.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Also making weird noises seeing that kitten.

That rat toy is great, my cats have the grey one and they love tossing that thing in the air, although it might be too big for yours to do that yet.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Cats handle stress in weird ways, such weirdos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Wait until he learns 'stick can be thrown' technology